I'm interested in conversations about and I want to talk about
Know exactly what you want?
Show search

Notification

Error

hi people new here

User
Posted 20 Aug 2014 at 14:41
Hi people, life as it has all you lively people finds me here ! My partner was diagnosed back in June with advanced prostate cancer his pas being 50 , we have now gone through scans xrays and mri confirming its spread to spine,ribs,thigh , we have had first hormone injection one month ago and having been back to hospital today for updates his psa is now at a lower 1.9 which is great! 😊😊. Any encouraging words from people further down the line would be amazing ! Thankyou for your time reading , Ps my partner is 67 and im 47 .
User
Posted 20 Aug 2014 at 16:08
It is good to see that his PSA has dropped so quickly, hopefully it will continue to fall even lower. If you can let us know which hormones he has been prescribed, there are plenty of people here that can help with advice on side effects etc.

Welcome to our little club :-)

"Life can only be understood backwards; but it must be lived forwards." Soren Kierkegaard

User
Posted 20 Aug 2014 at 17:44
Hello hunny bunny.

It might help to read this. My husband, PSA 25, 61 years old, Gleason 10. Spread to bones in hip, spine and to lymph nodes. Diagnosed Dec 2010. Still doing well, yes, PSA now on the rise but we never expected to have nearly four years of a reasonable life before the ante is upped (as it might be soon). Life is good right now, we live very much for the day, I don't look too far ahead but in many ways, we enjoy life more now than before. I guess it's human nature, but the illness has made us more considerate towards each other and we don't moan very much about anything.

The fact that the PSA has tumbled quickly is an excellent sign, it can mean that he could do very well on his treatment.

Lots of love

Allison

User
Posted 20 Aug 2014 at 19:41
Thankyou for your kind replys , not sure what the hormone treatment is called lynEyre i will check and so pleased to hear 4 years on things are ok Devonmaid ! Thankyou x
Show Most Thanked Posts
User
Posted 20 Aug 2014 at 16:08
It is good to see that his PSA has dropped so quickly, hopefully it will continue to fall even lower. If you can let us know which hormones he has been prescribed, there are plenty of people here that can help with advice on side effects etc.

Welcome to our little club :-)

"Life can only be understood backwards; but it must be lived forwards." Soren Kierkegaard

User
Posted 20 Aug 2014 at 17:44
Hello hunny bunny.

It might help to read this. My husband, PSA 25, 61 years old, Gleason 10. Spread to bones in hip, spine and to lymph nodes. Diagnosed Dec 2010. Still doing well, yes, PSA now on the rise but we never expected to have nearly four years of a reasonable life before the ante is upped (as it might be soon). Life is good right now, we live very much for the day, I don't look too far ahead but in many ways, we enjoy life more now than before. I guess it's human nature, but the illness has made us more considerate towards each other and we don't moan very much about anything.

The fact that the PSA has tumbled quickly is an excellent sign, it can mean that he could do very well on his treatment.

Lots of love

Allison

User
Posted 20 Aug 2014 at 19:41
Thankyou for your kind replys , not sure what the hormone treatment is called lynEyre i will check and so pleased to hear 4 years on things are ok Devonmaid ! Thankyou x
User
Posted 21 Aug 2014 at 11:10

Hi Honey Bunny,

Welcome to our club, i notice that you are in notts so i guess you are being treated at Kings Mill or City hospital.

My only advice get a good onco and research the treatments available. There is lots of research coming out of America that early intervention with Chemo works well. Many of the treatments are pretty tough on the side effects and pushing for them while still in good health is my main consideration.

If you fancy a chat anytime just drop me a message i am in Newark.

Best wishes

Si x

Don't deny the diagnosis; try to defy the verdict