I'm interested in conversations about and I want to talk about
Know exactly what you want?
Show search

Notification

Error

Hi to all.

User
Posted 26 Aug 2014 at 19:56

Hi to all on the site - new boy on the block here and looking forward to becoming involved on the site in future.

I was diagnosed in 2012 and treatment was radiotherapy and hormone injections which should finish next year - horah!

Until the next time take care all.

User
Posted 26 Aug 2014 at 22:58
Hi red kite and welcome. How are you coping with your current treatment. Bri
User
Posted 28 Aug 2014 at 02:04

Welcome Redkite,

Hope the treatment has gone well and by next year you can face a cancer free future. 

Do you have any more details of your original diagnosis?  I am curious because I am having similar treatment to yourself, having had a couple of months HT and am facing RT in October.  Did you face many side effects of the treatment?

Steve

User
Posted 29 Aug 2014 at 16:59

ok

Hi again

Thanks for your interest both.

Treatment going well and PSA level down to less than 0.50% and has been for some time now. Next 6 monthly check up at the end of September. 

Just fyi my original diagnosis came about as a result of symptoms (ie getting up too often n the night). So after the biop and numerous scans diagnosed as an aggressive cancer, but everything working out so far. As for side effects seem to have every one going but not too onerous and managing. I guess the worst for me is the fatigue but try to eat well, exercise when I can and rest. The ol' "Rest Work & Play" seem to help.

Nikon - as far as the radiotherapy is concerned  I wouldn't have to many worries. it is quite painless and more of an inconvenience having to attend hops every day and then hassle with the enemas. But hopefully will work out ok in the end.

Oh just an aside as a result became a volunteer speaker earlier this year which is something I really enjoy and that helps me enormously.

Take care guys and let me know if you want any other info, or indeed, help.  

User
Posted 02 Oct 2014 at 19:16

Just to let you all know, went for my 6 monthly check up on Tuesday and everything going well and clinicians pleased.  PSA still at 0.10%. And to cap it all weight still going down slowly but surely. All in all a happy day!!!

User
Posted 02 Oct 2014 at 22:08

Well done Roger,

Looks like it's going well. Good luck in the future.

Take care.

Steve

User
Posted 03 Oct 2014 at 11:06

Apologies - just posted in wrong thread!

Edited by member 03 Oct 2014 at 11:07  | Reason: Not specified