I'm interested in conversations about and I want to talk about
Know exactly what you want?
Show search

Notification

Error

Another Step along the Rocky Road

User
Posted 16 Sep 2014 at 22:16

Saw the consultant today for my latest blood test result. 18 months post RLP and 12 Months post RT and 12 months to go on ADT my PSA has gone up a little from less than 0.01 to 0.02 a bit worrying but is still very low and within the bounds of error and I am 1 year post RT which may not have finished working yet.  Consultant says it is disappointing but until there is a definite upward trend it may not mean anything. He won't be advising any further treatment until and if it reaches around 2.

As well as Radicals (and another whose name I cant remember) I joined another clinical study today, RAPPER - Radiogenomics: Assessment of Polymorphisms for Predicting the Effects of Radiotherapy. They are trying to find genetic predictors for how tolerant one will be to Radiotherapy, the idea being that they can adjust the dose of radiation up or down according to your predicted tolerance of it.

Looking forward to coming off ADT in May 2015 - just around the time of the next election I think

So I will after thinking about this result for a few days try to close the lid on the cancer box until after Christmas and my next blood test in January.

Best wishes to all of you sufferers and supporters.

Batholith

Edited by member 17 Sep 2014 at 08:36  | Reason: Not specified

User
Posted 17 Sep 2014 at 09:27

Hi there mate
If you look back at some of Lyns posts her OH's oncologist explained the range of 'variation' in the sensitive PSA tests at such miniscule levels. So hopefully nothing to be concerned about.
I also think Barries has fluctuated between 0.03 and 0.06 and back again

Have a good Christmas

Bri

Edited by member 17 Sep 2014 at 12:27  | Reason: Not specified