I'm interested in conversations about and I want to talk about
Know exactly what you want?
Show search

Notification

Error

New to group

User
Posted 18 Sep 2014 at 10:22
Hi everyone just been diagnosed with prostrate cancer my psa was 5.7 no lumps on finger test by. Doc or urologist told cancer was mid range aggressive waiting for scan next week , feel relaxed about it but would appreciate any advise with questions to ask after scan thanks.
User
Posted 18 Sep 2014 at 11:20

Hi,

Welcome to our site.

I've only recently joined having been diagnosed in June but it was one of the best things I could have done.  People here are so supportive and you get the feeling you are not alone.  Even sometimes with a loving family around you, you can't really talk about your concerns in case you cause them more worry.

Anyway, hope your scans go well, a worrying time I know but we're all here to support you, whatever the results.

Steve 

Edited by member 18 Sep 2014 at 11:22  | Reason: Not specified

User
Posted 18 Sep 2014 at 11:23
Hi Teddy.

Welcome to the group, sorry you find yourself here. I was similar to you on diagnosis in May.

I looked at all options & spent time with consultations of each treatment to decide which was best for me. I was offered a prostatectomy, active monitoring or radiotherapy.

My choice was the prostatectomy which I had in August & I'm making a great recovery.

I'd reccomend getting the toolkit from pcuk. It's fantastic. Most stuff is on the website too so if you could spend a few hours looking that would be beneficial

My second port of call was my local pca support group. I met loads of guys, the pca nurse & made some good friends.

Take it slowly & look into everything & keep posting. Lots of help & advice here.

All the best

Carlos

Life's a Marathon. Run in peace.

User
Posted 18 Sep 2014 at 12:41

Hello everyone. I was diagnosed with Prostrate Cancer two weeks ago. I'm waiting for an MRI scan which can't be done before 9 October 2014 to give time for healing after biopsies. My PSA score was 5.8 with no symptoms.

I think I'm more worried about the NHS processes and my fear of delays than the treatment itself.

Show Most Thanked Posts
User
Posted 18 Sep 2014 at 11:20

Hi,

Welcome to our site.

I've only recently joined having been diagnosed in June but it was one of the best things I could have done.  People here are so supportive and you get the feeling you are not alone.  Even sometimes with a loving family around you, you can't really talk about your concerns in case you cause them more worry.

Anyway, hope your scans go well, a worrying time I know but we're all here to support you, whatever the results.

Steve 

Edited by member 18 Sep 2014 at 11:22  | Reason: Not specified

User
Posted 18 Sep 2014 at 11:23
Hi Teddy.

Welcome to the group, sorry you find yourself here. I was similar to you on diagnosis in May.

I looked at all options & spent time with consultations of each treatment to decide which was best for me. I was offered a prostatectomy, active monitoring or radiotherapy.

My choice was the prostatectomy which I had in August & I'm making a great recovery.

I'd reccomend getting the toolkit from pcuk. It's fantastic. Most stuff is on the website too so if you could spend a few hours looking that would be beneficial

My second port of call was my local pca support group. I met loads of guys, the pca nurse & made some good friends.

Take it slowly & look into everything & keep posting. Lots of help & advice here.

All the best

Carlos

Life's a Marathon. Run in peace.

User
Posted 18 Sep 2014 at 12:41

Hello everyone. I was diagnosed with Prostrate Cancer two weeks ago. I'm waiting for an MRI scan which can't be done before 9 October 2014 to give time for healing after biopsies. My PSA score was 5.8 with no symptoms.

I think I'm more worried about the NHS processes and my fear of delays than the treatment itself.

User
Posted 18 Sep 2014 at 14:00

Thanks for replying its good to know your not alone