I'm interested in conversations about and I want to talk about
Know exactly what you want?
Show search

Notification

Error

re lost post

User
Posted 18 Oct 2014 at 08:31

Hi, I tried to post last Sunday (my first post)  even though I have been a member since early this year . I went to see my onco  on Monday this week  the first time since finishing my RT in Feb. and trying to find out from the site what to  expect next; I made my first post . At this point it may be a good time to say my computer skills leave something to be disired . Anyway as it to late for that ,it was good news ,my psa was down from 12.5 to 0.5 and dont have to go back untill next year (brill) just the dreaded psa test at GPS  in six mnths  time.                      Hope this gets on to post Stewart

User
Posted 18 Oct 2014 at 15:05

Hi Stewart,

I can't give advice re next treatment but I just wanted to say hello and welcome although like everyone on here I am guessing that you would rather have not been seeking advice on a cancer forum.

Your computer skills can't be that bad as you have managed to post twice.http://community.prostatecanceruk.org/editors/tiny_mce/plugins/emoticons/img/smiley-wink.gif

Well done on the reduction in psa, keep posting we are a friendly bunch.

BFN

Julie X

NEVER LAUGH AT A LIVE DRAGON
User
Posted 18 Oct 2014 at 16:51

Hi Stewart

Good news on the PSA

Difficult to comment on just RT? RT after surgery - RT and HT etc.

Could you add some details on your profile?

If you go back to the first post on this thread you might be able to change the heading to something more relevant such as What next after RT.as that might attract more attention

Ray

User
Posted 18 Oct 2014 at 23:40

Hi I must have sorted it ,the posting to PC UK that is. So here is a bit more about where i am . I might say that there was a time ,when like most people I would have said it will never happen to me ,and if I were honest probably knew a year  or so before I went  to get another psa test. You may remember there was a time five or so years ago, when it was thought it might be a good idea to look at the level of psa in all over sixty males .At that time mine was 1.9 and a normal prostate after DRE, but even then some abnormal peeing symptoms at night and frequent visits to the loo in the day. So I did the man thing and put it on the back burner  until last year , when   it got so bad I was getting up for 1-2 hrs until the need to pee passed ..I finally took the plunge just before our holls in june 2013 result psa 12.5 T3 with a gleeson of 4+3  and spread to seminal ves ,given the news in oct 13 and started  prostap had both scans and 37 RT which  started on the 6th of jan this year .The RT was fine ,and apart from the usual hot flushes no labido  and ED alls  well , but you have to be thank full ,as I think  some one said on here {you wont be getting any when your dead ) .  So on that cheery note  have  a  good night and thanks for listening                                                                                                                                                                                                              Stewart

User
Posted 19 Oct 2014 at 14:42

Hi Stewart

What can you expect? Your consultant not wanting to see you for next 12 months suggests no major issues are likely.

Crystal ball add on: whilst on HT expect PSA to stay steady. When you come off it expect some rise.

As regards PSA test: 10 years on I still get edgy, but as you say on hot flushes etc there a lot of guys out there who would welcome years of testing.

Good luck in hopefully the many years ahead.

Ray

User
Posted 19 Oct 2014 at 22:50

Hi  just to clear up and put this one to bed. The first post I made was on the 12th oct ,saw my consultant on Mon 13th oct the first time since end of RT . The first post never got on here ,so it looked as though I was asking you what might be  in the next 12 mnths . Sorry for that, to all that replied . Thank you for tacking the time to reply and the welcome to the site  [ that no one wants to be on]  Just one last word even tho I checked twice I still could not   spell my own name .   Srewart  dont think  so                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                          Stewart