Know exactly what you want?
Show search

Notification

Error

Participate in user testing to help improve the community platform

User
Posted 29 Oct 2014 at 10:11

Hi all,

Tentatively scheduled for 18 Feb, we're going to have some folks round to our office to conduct user testing on the online community. It's called 'user testing' but it's not to test users, really it tests the website to make sure it works for users and identify areas that are confusing or aren't being used as intended.

We've recruited some people who don't use the community who will serve to test how the site works for new users. We also need folks who use the community all the time to test how all the bits work (or don't) for regular users. 

Each person will come in for an hour or so and do a set of tasks on the website. We'll watch and take notes on the steps people take, how they differ from what was intended, where people run into problems, what's confusing, if anything makes people yell and punch the screen, etc.

Here's where to sign up!

https://www.eventbrite.co.uk/e/help-us-improve-our-online-community-registration-13700989027

Travel costs will be reimbursed, so to save money we're looking for members who are reasonably near London, where the testing will happen. (We figure folks who happen to live near London probably interact with the site the same as folks everywhere else)

Best,

Sadie

Edited by moderator 12 Jul 2023 at 09:15  | Reason: Not specified

User
Posted 18 Nov 2014 at 11:52

Hi Sadie

Same for me (but about 2 1/2 hours out of London). I could be with you about midday to late enough for the off-peak tickets to kick in after the rush hour.

Tony

TURP then LRP in 2009/2010. Lots of leakage but PSA < 0.1 AMS-800 Artificial Sphincter activated 2015.

User
Posted 18 Nov 2014 at 21:35

The "live near London" bit rules me out although from my volunteering experiences I find my airfares are often less than mainland train fares! http://community.prostatecanceruk.org/editors/tiny_mce/plugins/emoticons/img/smiley-frown.gif

Nil desperandum

Allister

User
Posted 25 Jul 2015 at 18:45

Hi Sadie

I have, as they say, given this a bump! There is nothing after Allister’s posting above in November 2014 about the meeting or perhaps better called “user testing” session which was provisionally scheduled for 18 February 2105. I spoke to Carol some time ago and I understand the meeting/user testing was held. I haven’t seen anything about this event or what happened etc.

I asked James on the thread “Living with prostate cancer / Supporting someone with prostate cancer / Personal message errors” what had happened following the meeting and he was not aware of it. See also the link below.

http://community.prostatecanceruk.org/posts/t10937-Personal-message-errors#post133272

What happened, please? Perhaps others would also have an interest.

Alan

Show Most Thanked Posts
User
Posted 18 Nov 2014 at 10:11

Hello again! Just wanted to give this a bump. No current community members have signed up yet and I know some folks had expressed interest before. We can do this with just people who are new to the forum, but would rather also see how the forum is used by people who already use it every day. Please sign up if you can!

Best,
Sadie

User
Posted 18 Nov 2014 at 10:30
Sadie

i can do it but I live about 90 mins train ride out of London. Tickets can be reasonably priced if they are booked in advance and out of rush hour. That would mean being at the offices about 11.45 - 15.00 at the latest.

Mandy

User
Posted 18 Nov 2014 at 11:52

Hi Sadie

Same for me (but about 2 1/2 hours out of London). I could be with you about midday to late enough for the off-peak tickets to kick in after the rush hour.

Tony

TURP then LRP in 2009/2010. Lots of leakage but PSA < 0.1 AMS-800 Artificial Sphincter activated 2015.

User
Posted 18 Nov 2014 at 13:40

Hi Sadie,
I'm one of the previous interested people and I live close to London...

Sadly I'll be away on holiday on the 18th so didn't put myself forward.

Sorry

Kevin

User
Posted 18 Nov 2014 at 16:29

Sorry, we will be in Scotland then.

If the London and Southeast meeting was anything to go by, then not many use the forum, as we spoke about our use of it.

Chris.

User
Posted 18 Nov 2014 at 19:40

Train tickets on east coast line are at their cheapest 12 weeks in advance so whoever is going need to book soon

Bri

User
Posted 18 Nov 2014 at 21:35

The "live near London" bit rules me out although from my volunteering experiences I find my airfares are often less than mainland train fares! http://community.prostatecanceruk.org/editors/tiny_mce/plugins/emoticons/img/smiley-frown.gif

Nil desperandum

Allister

User
Posted 25 Jul 2015 at 18:45

Hi Sadie

I have, as they say, given this a bump! There is nothing after Allister’s posting above in November 2014 about the meeting or perhaps better called “user testing” session which was provisionally scheduled for 18 February 2105. I spoke to Carol some time ago and I understand the meeting/user testing was held. I haven’t seen anything about this event or what happened etc.

I asked James on the thread “Living with prostate cancer / Supporting someone with prostate cancer / Personal message errors” what had happened following the meeting and he was not aware of it. See also the link below.

http://community.prostatecanceruk.org/posts/t10937-Personal-message-errors#post133272

What happened, please? Perhaps others would also have an interest.

Alan

User
Posted 27 Jul 2015 at 13:09

Alan,

I wondered about that too.
Did anyone here attend the 'user testing' day in London?

George

User
Posted 04 Aug 2015 at 08:59

Hi all,

We did hold the user testing day, and it went great. We had five testers including one or two current users and at least two who'd never used our community before. It was very helpful and we learned a lot about where users get stuck, we found some bugs that we fixed, and some of the learnings have resulted in small tweaks to the community platform as we've gone along. There's a lot we learned that hasn't been implemented yet, as our developers have been working on an e-Learning platform for health professionals to improve their understanding of prostate cancer. We hope to make more improvements from the user testing when resources are available.

Best,

Sadie

User
Posted 04 Aug 2015 at 12:19

Thanks for that Sadie.

Just a quick question for you on this posting:

Did you find a way to improve our experience reading long threads?

It can be very difficult on PCs and other devices to scroll down 40 or 50 posts. On the old site each long thread was divided into pages. That was so simple, just clicking one of the little page number boxes at the top of the thread to get where we wanted to be.

Is this one of those 'tweaks' that will be implemented?

All the best,

George

Edited by member 13 Aug 2015 at 11:19  | Reason: Not specified

User
Posted 04 Aug 2015 at 20:16

And perhaps George's idea might eliminate the freezing up of pages for those of us with slow internet speeds that struggle to bring up all the avatars & text ?

Unless it's some other bug.....

Many days now it is impossible to do replies when it has all frozen up.

User
Posted 21 Oct 2015 at 12:19

Thanks for this, we'll incorporate it into the list of improvements being reviewed by our developers!

User
Posted 21 Oct 2015 at 12:19

Thanks for this, we'll incorporate it into the list of improvements being reviewed by our developers!