I'm interested in conversations about and I want to talk about
Know exactly what you want?
Show search

Notification

Error

Good News, at last!

User
Posted 20 Nov 2014 at 14:34

Had a meeting with my oncologist this morning, couldn't quite understand why she wanted to see me as I wasn't due to see her until next month for my post RT check up.

Anyway, turns out that she was doing the check up early because of some of the problems I was having since the radiotherapy. When we discussed them she decided I was coping with them well and felt confident that things would improve in the coming weeks just in time for my 60th birthday on Christmas Eve.

She was really pleased with a blood test I had on Tuesday. She said my PSA was down to 1.63. Brilliant news.

She thought the radiotherapy had gone well and said she was going to review me again in six months time. She told me to contact her if I had any concerns but said she was perfectly happy with six month reviews rather than three months one's because I was responding to the treatment so well.

Really pleased, I needed this news. I may have a few beers this evening!

Steve

Edited by member 20 Nov 2014 at 23:30  | Reason: Not specified

User
Posted 20 Nov 2014 at 14:34

Had a meeting with my oncologist this morning, couldn't quite understand why she wanted to see me as I wasn't due to see her until next month for my post RT check up.

Anyway, turns out that she was doing the check up early because of some of the problems I was having since the radiotherapy. When we discussed them she decided I was coping with them well and felt confident that things would improve in the coming weeks just in time for my 60th birthday on Christmas Eve.

She was really pleased with a blood test I had on Tuesday. She said my PSA was down to 1.63. Brilliant news.

She thought the radiotherapy had gone well and said she was going to review me again in six months time. She told me to contact her if I had any concerns but said she was perfectly happy with six month reviews rather than three months one's because I was responding to the treatment so well.

Really pleased, I needed this news. I may have a few beers this evening!

Steve

Edited by member 20 Nov 2014 at 23:30  | Reason: Not specified

User
Posted 20 Nov 2014 at 19:07
Good news Steve.

Now for even better news see below.

YOU ARE ONE DAY YOUNGER THAN ME....................lol

Roy

Show Most Thanked Posts
User
Posted 20 Nov 2014 at 16:43

Thank God. Enjoy this time Steve.

Alison

User
Posted 20 Nov 2014 at 16:51

Steve what great news.  Must give you peace of mind and you can move on without the thought of having to visit the oncologist for 6 months.  An early birthday and Christmas present!

Arthur 

User
Posted 20 Nov 2014 at 17:15

Excellent news, roll on Christmas and that big birthday with a zero in it...party time I hope,

Steve

User
Posted 20 Nov 2014 at 17:35
Great news! Welcome to the 6 month club! Cheers!

Flexi

User
Posted 20 Nov 2014 at 17:57

Oh Steve, so pleased for you. What a relief. Roll on Christmas Eve !!

We can't control the winds - but we can adjust our sails
User
Posted 20 Nov 2014 at 19:07
Good news Steve.

Now for even better news see below.

YOU ARE ONE DAY YOUNGER THAN ME....................lol

Roy

User
Posted 20 Nov 2014 at 19:56

Great news Steve,

I will have a beer for you, to you.

Dave

User
Posted 20 Nov 2014 at 20:06
Glad to hear your good news, particularly after your recent run of bad luck.

Enjoy that drink!

Best wishes.

User
Posted 20 Nov 2014 at 20:26
What a great post, really good news.

Enjoy your pint.

Allison x

User
Posted 20 Nov 2014 at 22:30

Hi Steve,

Excellent news, glad you found that light at the end of the tunnel and it wasn't a train after all LOL.

Enjoy the beers and good luck for the future.

All the best,

Gerry.

User
Posted 20 Nov 2014 at 23:33

Great news Steve.

Trevor

User
Posted 21 Nov 2014 at 08:48

Aww, that's great news Steve!

You can't beat a pick me up from an unexpected direction!

All the best 

Kevin