Show search

Notification

Error
123>

I just don't believe it!

User
Posted 21 Nov 2014 at 16:20
Hi,

I just don't believe this. Was rushed to hospital this morning by ambulance with heavy blood loss from my back passage and very low blood pressure. Had every test you can imagine. Now admitted into a ward for at least an overnight stay.

Did I break a mirror recently?

Steve

Edited by member 21 Nov 2014 at 21:13  | Reason: Not specified

User
Posted 01 Dec 2014 at 23:13

Hi,

Thanks everyone for your recent messages.

I was visited today by my very nice cardiac rehab nurse who I hoped would help me with my escape plan (to get out out of the house) but in this respect, she was a bit of a disappointment.  She agreed with my wife that, at the moment, I should still take it very easy, as until my second angioplasty takes place, I still a serious problem with my heart.  Ok, I can see their point but I do feel as if I could do just a little bit more than I'm allowed to at the moment.  She did agree that I could go for a five minute walk, twice a day, so I suppose that's something but it still doesn't take me as far as our closest pub!

Talking of pubs, I feel terrible that I will miss the Flyer Event in London on Wednesday.  I've been looking forward to it for months and being able to meet some of you.  I was hoping by some slight chance I might be fit enough to attend but it's now seems impossible.  I'm so disappointed.  I hope everyone has a great time though, I will be there in spirit.

Anyway, back to the meeting with the rehab nurse. She did give me encouraging news as all the checks she did confirmed that I was responding well to the new medication.  She also said that she thinks that once the left coronary artery is unblocked, my heart should be stronger than ever because they believe very little damage was caused to the heart muscle because I had early treatment.  Thank goodness it didn't happen when I was in the middle of nowhere.  So, even though I didn't feel that way at the time, I was really lucky.  I didn't realise I should have been celebrating rather than feeling a bit sorry for myself.

Anyway, once I have had the second angioplasty she is going to put me on a fitness course which I'm really looking forward to.  The fitter I am, the better chance I have of fighting my cancer. 

No I haven't forgotten the real reason I am on this site.  I had thought, after I'd seen my oncologist (the day before my heart attack) that I needed something to take my mind off my cancer but what happened wasn't really what I had in my mind.  I did forget my cancer during the time I spent in hospital, when something comes along that could kill you straight away rather than a few years in the future, it does focus your mind on that particular problem.   

I can't believe that in a period of six months (tomorrow is exactly half a year since I was having my biopsy) my life has totally changed.  I am faced by greater challenges than I have ever faced before.  Life means so much more to me now.  I love everyday, even if it's terrible weather. 

In my fight against cancer, I feel as if I've gained so many friends on this site who really care about each other because we're all on the same journey. 

As I approach my sixtieth birthday I'm reminded of something I saw on the internet sometime ago:

"Don't regret growing older...It's a privilege denied to many"

Thank you for being there for me.

Steve

Edited by member 01 Dec 2014 at 23:22  | Reason: Not specified

User
Posted 21 Nov 2014 at 22:09

Steve

I'm often scared shitless. People don't often see that but it's true http://community.prostatecanceruk.org/editors/tiny_mce/plugins/emoticons/img/smiley-foot-in-mouth.gif

We (the community) all here for you (Dark Side included)

My PSA is now over 1000 but I feel OK. Inside I'm terrified but I know life must go on. We are a band of brothers - cut one of us and we all bleed. Stay strong and believe in the technology http://community.prostatecanceruk.org/editors/tiny_mce/plugins/emoticons/img/smiley-foot-in-mouth.gif

Nil desperandum

Allister

User
Posted 21 Nov 2014 at 21:23
Hi everyone,

Really sorry, I forgot to say "Thank you" for all the kind messages you have posted. I really appreciate them. They helped a lot. Faced with what could have happened today, I have to admit to being a little scared.

Thanks.

Steve.

Edited by member 21 Nov 2014 at 21:24  | Reason: Not specified

User
Posted 23 Nov 2014 at 12:49

Hi Steve,

Have been following all your recent posts and wanting to reply and send good wishes, but have been struggling to find the right words. Today, however I have enrolled the help of Hong Kong Phooey (my childhood pin up!) who although being clownishly clumsy, usually gets there in the end even if he's not sure how he managed it! Hope you like my new avatar!

I can't believe the on-going trials you have been going through lately, but you are an inspiration to us all with your positive attitude. Keeping us up-to-date with all your posts educates and informs us all, and adds to our strength and knowledge for the future of all the journeys that we are on. 

Thank you for this, and if I don't reply it's not because I'm not thinking of you and wishing you all the best. Sometimes things are just too overwhelming and all of my good wishes are just a thought unfortunately, instead of being posted.

I am glad that I have managed a post today, despite 3 very lively children playing in the background, so I hope I have made some sense!

Miss x

User
Posted 23 Nov 2014 at 20:23
Steve

OMG FFS how many other awful facebook terms can I use. I am so sorry you are in this situation post RT.. it is a very harsh process on your body, especially around the soft areas in a man's lower abdomen,Especially when it is delivered with such intensity over a short period of time. When I was posting all the way through Mick's battle a common observation was that the s..t always eems to hit the fan after 5pm on a Friday.

Hopefully tomorrow morning you will get a much better picture of what is actually happening. Mick did have some very dramatic drops in blood pressure and these were always put down to his anaemia and protein levels in his blood work. Combi of HT and RT I think.

by the time you read this I hope you are feeling so much better.

xxx Mo

User
Posted 25 Nov 2014 at 19:04

So glad you are well enough to come home.  Wishing you all the best,El

User
Posted 16 Dec 2014 at 00:12

Hi,

Well, the day finally arrived when I, at last, seemed to get things sorted.

I saw my oncologist who agreed that I'd had a pretty tough time recently.  I explained to her my need to get things moving so I could get back to work and she reminded me that the most important thing was my health.  She told me that I had been very lucky things had happened as they did.  When I mentioned that I should have been running the Reading Half Marathon in March, she said she thought the way things were, I may not have survived that race, given the state of my heart.  I found that quite a scary thought.

Anyway, she thought I should continue with the suppositories for another week as she thought they seemed to be working.  The bleeding issue has been improving over the last couple of days, so she could be right.  She told me to contact her again if the problem continued.

Before the meeting ended she suggested that I called into the cardiac unit to see if the appointment with my consultant had been booked yet.

This turned out to be very good advice because when I checked with the department, they found that nothing had been booked.  The receptionist was so helpful that she went to see the consultant who came out to see me.  He's a really friendly guy who, when he heard of my situation, immediately booked me an appointment for my angioplasty for the 19th. January, the earliest date they had available.  He said that hopefully, by then, the bleeding issue shouldn't be a problem but if it was, I could always have a double bypass operation instead.  He said he was happy to do whichever I decided on but having read a bit about the bypass op, I think the simpler angioplasty would be my choice even though it would not be as long lasting. 

One thing I checked with him is whether or not I could go back to work next Tuesday after my four week driving ban had finished (a legal requirement following a heart attack).  He said that there should be no problem provided I took it fairly easy to begin with.  Great news.  Before I left, he wished me a Happy Christmas and said he would see me in the New Year.

So I was happy that, at least, I know when things are going to be sorted and that my return to work is in sight.  I won't take any chances, I want to be around for a few more years yet.

Steve

Edited by member 16 Dec 2014 at 00:17  | Reason: Not specified

User
Posted 21 Nov 2014 at 16:28
Oh Steve

Thank goodness you are being looked after. Please let us k ow how you get on. Will be thinking of you.

Best wishes

Allison

User
Posted 21 Nov 2014 at 16:29

Oh No - I wish you well and a speedy return to full health and home

Arthur

User
Posted 21 Nov 2014 at 17:16

Steve

Stop scaring us like that http://community.prostatecanceruk.org/editors/tiny_mce/plugins/emoticons/img/smiley-surprised.gif

Seriously though, get well soon and stay that way http://community.prostatecanceruk.org/editors/tiny_mce/plugins/emoticons/img/smiley-surprised.gif

Nil desperandum

Allister

User
Posted 22 Nov 2014 at 05:54
Hi Paul,

Thanks for your message.

They have really good internet access here. There's not much I can do apart from reading the wonderful messages people have posted here though it's a bit difficult while being hooked up to two different drips and other equipment.

I hope everyone reading this thread reads them all as I've tried to give more details of what actually happened.

Thanks everyone. Your messages have really cheered me up.

Steve

User
Posted 22 Nov 2014 at 09:43

God Steve you are really getting put through the Mill hope all gets better soon ,I have been following your journey as I am about to start radiotherapy in December ,hope all goes well SOON.

Edited by member 22 Nov 2014 at 09:44  | Reason: Not specified

John.s
User
Posted 22 Nov 2014 at 17:34

Steve

Just looked in. On a positive, when you get over these issues you will have the confidence beating PCa will be a breeze.

Good luck

Ray

User
Posted 30 Nov 2014 at 23:44

Thinking of you Steve. Bloody rough time you've had!

dl

User
Posted 01 Dec 2014 at 23:25

"Don't regret growing older...It's a privilege denied to many" - spot on Steve

dl

User
Posted 02 Dec 2014 at 22:04

Hi,

Just had a really nice day with my daughter and cuddling my grandson.  This what life is about.

Made me feel so much better.

Steve

User
Posted 08 Dec 2014 at 09:49

Hi Steve just read your last post as I sit here with time on my hands going through why what if like you ,OH is out feeding the hens pony all the jobs I did , cant have the dogs with me to big may hurt wounds youngest one first show next Sunday but I will not be going, but one of our fellow exhibitors who was not going is going to take them how kind people are when aware of the situation .So I am pondering what to do and have decided to take a clock to bits clean it and put it back together and see if it will work ( old grandfather clock) just trying to decide how to tell her that I need the worktop for a bit ,I am rambling a bit know so will go take care and hope things improve for you . Andy

Sorry you have had further problems and hope all is well at check up

Edited by member 08 Dec 2014 at 09:51  | Reason: Not specified

User
Posted 08 Dec 2014 at 13:00

Another set back when things were looking better. Hope this is just a blip and will not affect the intended plan. Keep strong.

Barry
User
Posted 08 Dec 2014 at 13:09

Dear Steve

You are going through a really bad patch, things will get better.

Can you speak to your bank about the mortgage to see if they can help you through? Best to tackle these things early than leave it...and worry.

There must be some help that you can get under these circumstances, perhaps others will comment?

I am sorry this is rushed, my little one has severe chicken pox and my OH having had steroids as part of his treatment for the PCa has to avoid people with it!!!

Let us know how you get on at the GP, I am reading your posts and thinking about you...even if I do not have chance to answer at the moment.

Alison x

User
Posted 08 Dec 2014 at 23:06

You definitely deserve a break Steve....fingers and toes crossed here mate

Bri

User
Posted 09 Dec 2014 at 06:32

Those types of doctor are becoming an endangered species. Hope the problem calms down now ready for Christmas you certainly deserve a break from it all.

John

User
Posted 09 Dec 2014 at 09:03

Hi Steve,

What a time you have been having of things. Only recently getting back here so missed the issues in real time, but glad that you are getting the treatment you needed and that it is working.

You mentioned the feeling of letting people down by not getting treatment or diagnosis sooner, no point worrying about that now. It is gone and can not be changed. What you CAN DO NOW is to heed the nurses and doctors and when they tell you only 5 minutes exercise or 10 minutes exercise, or rest up, and take 5 or 10 minutes exercise or rest up. You have had excellent service from the NHS, and your GP in particular, long may that continue.

Keep posting updates.

ATB

Dave

User
Posted 09 Dec 2014 at 09:34

Hello Steve,
Glad you got to see your very efficient and caring doctor. As Dave says, you can't undo the past
(if only eh?) but you can learn from it so, frustrating as the resting up is, use it to let your body heal.

As far as financial health is concerned have you thought to contact the MacMillan people.

I'm not suggesting they will help financially, although that's an option in some cases, but they may have the financial savvy, or know somebody who has, to help you plan your future. You know, point you in the right direction at the bank for the mortgage, tell you how to word the application style of thing is what I mean.

Anyway, chin up young man.

There are people who care. We are all here to listen

PS. I know what you mean about losing a fantastic doctor. I had mine for over 25 years, and his father before him (who wasn't a patch on his son). Mine took early retirement to look after his very sick wife and boy do I miss him.
Everyone of his patients always went over their allotted 10 minutes because he took the time to listen and to explain, but I never ever heard anyone moan about it because he did the same for you. Nightmare for the receptionists though!

They don't seem to make them like that anymore.

Best Wishes

Sandra

We can't control the winds - but we can adjust our sails
User
Posted 10 Dec 2014 at 02:19

Hi Steve,

I guess you may not be sleeping and be worried. I am in HK so it is morning here and caught your latest episode. You will need to go back to the doctors but I guess it does fit with his diagnosis that there is inflammation and swelling and it may take time to heal.

Hang in there mate, try and breath easy remember you and a heart attack so keeping calm is important.

We are all with you.

User
Posted 12 Dec 2014 at 17:56

Hi,

I finally managed to something sorted.

I rang my oncologist's secretary this morning, explained the situation I'm in and straight away she said I needed to see the oncologist face to face so she booked me an appointment for Monday.  That's more like it, I might at least be referred to someone who can try and fix the bleeding issue.

I was advised yesterday by my cardiac rehab nurse that I should probably not consider working until after I've had the other artery corrected.  Not good news for me but she did say she'd email my cardiac consultant to stress that it was important that my case is treated sooner than later because of my need to return to work. 

Some better news on the work front is that I received an email from the new digital editor of the newspaper I've been working for (who are ceasing their printed editions next week) saying they will probably still be offering work to freelances to supply pictures for their online editions that will replace them.  I'm due to meet him next Thursday at a special staff lunch they are holding, so I want to make a good impression if I can.  It will be sad too because many of the existing staff who are leaving will be saying their goodbyes. 

Anyway, hoping that Monday's appointment will help get things sorted.

Have a nice weekend everyone.

Steve.

Edited by member 12 Dec 2014 at 18:24  | Reason: Not specified

User
Posted 12 Dec 2014 at 19:05

Hi Steve,
Looks like that curve you have been riding may be on the up at last!
A few separate threads look like they are coming together.
Chin up and look forward!

All the best

Kevin

User
Posted 16 Dec 2014 at 00:53

Well done, Steve. Sorting your health comes before everything else.

Paul

Stay Calm And Carry On.
User
Posted 16 Dec 2014 at 01:14
Hi Steve

I hope you finally get this sorted in the new year, it such a shame we have to chase up appointments, or we get lost in the system, it's something all newbies need to be aware of.

All the best

Roy

User
Posted 16 Dec 2014 at 01:43

Pleased to see that you have some resolution and plans are now in place.

"Life can only be understood backwards; but it must be lived forwards." Soren Kierkegaard

User
Posted 18 Dec 2014 at 09:51

Hi Steve, sorry you had to take the spray. Was it a nitroglycerin one?

I know you are anxious about returning to work. It's going to be a difficult one to call isn't it. Stress if you do and stress if you don't
I can understand your wife preferring you to hold back though. She is obviously concerned about you.
Good luck with everything.
Try and rest whilst you can.
Best Wishes
Sandra

User
Posted 18 Dec 2014 at 12:53

Steve,

I understand your response to your mum entirely. I was in exactly the same dilemma when I was diagnosed. I had had cancer previously and my mum had been very supportive then but it was thirty plus years ago. Now she is 91 and having discussed it with my brothers we decided for now we would not tell her, as she would just worry but is herself too old and infirm to do anything sbout that worry.

I have been lucky for three years now and the situation remains the same. I know that as I have an incurable diagnosis that there will come a time when chemo kicks in and I think I would have to tell her then, until then she can live out her life without that worry. I am realistic enough to know we will both die but kinda hope it is my mum first for this reason, it feels the natural order!

User
Posted 18 Dec 2014 at 16:38

Hi Steve,

Trevor calls his spray his headache producer. He has several all over the house and in the car etc. Your cardiac nurse is right if the second spray doesn't give relief in say 15/20mins or starts to worsen hot foot it via ambulance to A&E. Don't hang about. Once you have had this second angioplasty you will feel so much better in body and mind. I would think if your job isn't physically demanding it would be OK to return to work and maybe that being occupied will help your frame of mind but your body and of course your rehab nurse will be the best to guide you.

I always remember after Trevor's 1st heart attack his cardiac Nurse saying that he would be so much more aware of every little twinge his body makes where before he would probably not have even noticed.

BFN

Julie X

NEVER LAUGH AT A LIVE DRAGON
User
Posted 20 Dec 2014 at 09:18

Hi Steve,
The frustration in your words are virtually tangible!
I fully understand the drivers for you getting back to work but I'd say you just need to hold back for the next month and get yourself sorted.
I know news never stops but I'd guess work would be lighter over the Christmas break anyway, so a good time not to be available.

Kick back and focus on the family.

All the best

Kevin

User
Posted 23 Dec 2014 at 19:50

So pleased to hear things are on the up Steve.

Here's to a great Xmas and a better new year

All the best

Bri

Show Most Thanked Posts
User
Posted 21 Nov 2014 at 16:28
Oh Steve

Thank goodness you are being looked after. Please let us k ow how you get on. Will be thinking of you.

Best wishes

Allison

User
Posted 21 Nov 2014 at 16:29

Oh No - I wish you well and a speedy return to full health and home

Arthur

User
Posted 21 Nov 2014 at 17:16

Steve

Stop scaring us like that http://community.prostatecanceruk.org/editors/tiny_mce/plugins/emoticons/img/smiley-surprised.gif

Seriously though, get well soon and stay that way http://community.prostatecanceruk.org/editors/tiny_mce/plugins/emoticons/img/smiley-surprised.gif

Nil desperandum

Allister

User
Posted 21 Nov 2014 at 18:18

Steve, don't bother doing the lottery this weekend. May not be worth the bother!

Seriously, get well soon and keep us updated.

All the best

Kevin

User
Posted 21 Nov 2014 at 18:34

Going through it mate...hope make a speedy recovery

Bri

User
Posted 21 Nov 2014 at 18:54

Well Steve that's one way of getting their attention. Hope everything gets sorted ASAP. You are, at least, in the best place for the experts to poke and prod you!!. Get well soon. Be thinking of you. Sandra

User
Posted 21 Nov 2014 at 19:10

Oh no Steve, that is not fair.

Hopefully they can sort this out and remember the RT is still working, zapping those cells.

Stay strong.

Alison

User
Posted 21 Nov 2014 at 19:55

OH Steve, Blooming Heck,

I was just about to congratulate you on your news of yesterday when I saw this post, you are certainly going through it. I hope it gets sorted soon and you can get home.

Thinking of you

BFN

Julie X

User
Posted 21 Nov 2014 at 21:06
Hi,

An update:

All started when I went to have a pee in the middle of the night and collapsed on the way to the bedroom. Really felt ill (and it wasn't the beer). A visit to empty my bowels resulted in a large amount of blood loss. My wife rang for an ambulance.

Spent most of the day in the resuscitation area. They were concerned that I might have a cardiac arrest because my heart rate dropped to the low thirties and my blood pressure to 57 over 38. I really thought this might be serious.

Anyway, they managed to get over that crisis and get my blood pressure up a bit. My heart rate is almost back to normal. My latest BP check was still only 92 over 62 so it's not too good. At the moment they can't understand why it's still so low.

I've now been transferred to a ward and will be monitored all night. At least they have a very comfortable bed for me. The staff are brilliant.

I'm still bleeding heavily when I try to empty my bowels which is worrying. Hope they can sort it out.

24 hours ago I couldn't imagine this happening. what a difference a day makes.

Steve

Edited by member 21 Nov 2014 at 21:17  | Reason: Not specified

User
Posted 21 Nov 2014 at 21:23
Hi everyone,

Really sorry, I forgot to say "Thank you" for all the kind messages you have posted. I really appreciate them. They helped a lot. Faced with what could have happened today, I have to admit to being a little scared.

Thanks.

Steve.

Edited by member 21 Nov 2014 at 21:24  | Reason: Not specified

User
Posted 21 Nov 2014 at 22:09

Steve

I'm often scared shitless. People don't often see that but it's true http://community.prostatecanceruk.org/editors/tiny_mce/plugins/emoticons/img/smiley-foot-in-mouth.gif

We (the community) all here for you (Dark Side included)

My PSA is now over 1000 but I feel OK. Inside I'm terrified but I know life must go on. We are a band of brothers - cut one of us and we all bleed. Stay strong and believe in the technology http://community.prostatecanceruk.org/editors/tiny_mce/plugins/emoticons/img/smiley-foot-in-mouth.gif

Nil desperandum

Allister

User
Posted 21 Nov 2014 at 22:38

Originally Posted by: Online Community Member
Hi,

I just don't believe this. Was rushed to hospital this morning by ambulance with heavy blood loss from my back passage and very low blood pressure. Had every test you can imagine. Now admitted into a ward for at least an overnight stay.

Did I break a mirror recently?

Steve

Blimey just read your good news at last thread and now this,your're in the right place no doubt so good luck.

User
Posted 21 Nov 2014 at 23:34
Hi Steve

You don't do things by halves do you. Enjoy the comfy bed and the attention and I hope they get to the bottom of things (pardon the pun).

Take care

Roy

User
Posted 22 Nov 2014 at 04:50

Steve,

Just spotted this, what a turnaround from your last post. I guess you are in the right place to get some answers. Remarkable that you were able to send the updates. Look after yourself and I am sure we will all look forward to an update soon with better news.

Thinking of you.

User
Posted 22 Nov 2014 at 05:54
Hi Paul,

Thanks for your message.

They have really good internet access here. There's not much I can do apart from reading the wonderful messages people have posted here though it's a bit difficult while being hooked up to two different drips and other equipment.

I hope everyone reading this thread reads them all as I've tried to give more details of what actually happened.

Thanks everyone. Your messages have really cheered me up.

Steve

User
Posted 22 Nov 2014 at 08:16
Originally Posted by: Online Community Member
Hi everyone,

Thanks.

Steve.

Wow Steve, given what you've been through I'm not surprised you can't think straight.

Hopefully by this morning you're feeling a bit better ? I do hope so.

Please keep us updated

Jane.

User
Posted 22 Nov 2014 at 09:43

God Steve you are really getting put through the Mill hope all gets better soon ,I have been following your journey as I am about to start radiotherapy in December ,hope all goes well SOON.

Edited by member 22 Nov 2014 at 09:44  | Reason: Not specified

John.s
User
Posted 22 Nov 2014 at 10:01
Hi John,

Good luck with your Radiotherapy when it starts. You'll find it a breeze. I'm sure my experience is unusual. When you read other posts, most people have a pretty easy time so don't be put off by my experiences.

I hope you found my daily posts useful. It helped me writing those.

Keep in touch.

Steve

User
Posted 22 Nov 2014 at 10:07
Hi,

Some good news, My bleeding seems to have stopped but they still concerned about my low blood pressure (very unusual for me) so I'm being transferred to the cardiology unit.

Steve

User
Posted 22 Nov 2014 at 11:02
Hi,

Just a thought, when I get transferred, I may not be able to post. I'll try it as soon as I can.

Steve

User
Posted 22 Nov 2014 at 12:39

How unselfish of you to keep posting throughout this trauma with the thought of helping others, we are all thinking about you Steve.

Keep drinking the water. My usual bp is 90 over 60 so not too bad.

Hope they can sort this out for you.

Stay strong!

Alison

Edited by member 22 Nov 2014 at 12:40  | Reason: Not specified

User
Posted 22 Nov 2014 at 13:00

Bloody 'ell Stevehttp://community.prostatecanceruk.org/editors/tiny_mce/plugins/emoticons/img/smiley-surprised.gif

Like others, I had been about to congratulate you on your previous encouraging post.

I thought that was you on the way 'up and over' your troubles.

I'm shocked to read about the trauma you've now experienced and the continuing worries.

Off hand, I can't think of anyone here over the past 9 years who has gone through something like this within weeks of RT.

May I wish you a quick resolution to these problems, and I'm hoping you're fit and well by 3rd December when you meet up with 'the Crazy Gang' in London.

We can't promise a cure, but we can promise you'll be in stitches!http://community.prostatecanceruk.org/editors/tiny_mce/plugins/emoticons/img/smiley-surprised.gif

Looking forward to seeing you soon.

All the very best,

George

User
Posted 22 Nov 2014 at 14:40
Hi,

Transferred to the cardiac unit now.

They're really not sure what's happened to me so but are keeping me in until at least Monday so they can carry out further tests. The results so far suggest I may have had a heart attack but I can't understand how that can happen with very little pain.

The internet in this department is very hit or miss so I'll try my best to post when I can.

Alison, it's not a problem doing this, I'm glad if it helps anyone else who maybe faced with similar problems.

George, I'm really looking forward to the Flyer event, I just hope I'm well enough to attend.

Steve

Edited by member 22 Nov 2014 at 14:42  | Reason: Not specified

User
Posted 22 Nov 2014 at 15:46

Get well soon Steve and take care matey http://community.prostatecanceruk.org/editors/tiny_mce/plugins/emoticons/img/smiley-wink.gif

User
Posted 22 Nov 2014 at 16:29

Bloody hell Steve, stop messing about and get well quickly. At least you are in the right place. Bound to feel scared though.. Thinking of you

Trevor

User
Posted 22 Nov 2014 at 17:21

Hi Steve

I would ask to see your Onco on Monday (are you in the same hospital?).

It would seem like the RT has caused the bleed (and you had it so intensively) and such a blood loss would cause low bp would it not?

In terms of a heart attack - that could be the stress that you have been under? You will need to see a specialist Monday.

Sometimes (not everywhere) the top staff don't work at weekends and you just cannot get answers.

Thinking of you

Alison x

User
Posted 22 Nov 2014 at 17:34

Steve

Just looked in. On a positive, when you get over these issues you will have the confidence beating PCa will be a breeze.

Good luck

Ray

User
Posted 22 Nov 2014 at 17:54

Jeezaloo Steve!

What a fright. Glad to hear you are now in a safe place

All our love

Ray and Beryl

User
Posted 22 Nov 2014 at 18:43
Dear Steve,

I have been reading all your posts, so sorry to hear of this setback.

Hope you feel better soon.

Trish

Edited by member 22 Nov 2014 at 18:43  | Reason: Not specified

User
Posted 22 Nov 2014 at 18:43

You're having a Dress Rehearsal for the rest of your life.
Everything going mad and bad now and getting it out of the way.

Good luck. Keep strong mentally. As has already been pointed out, such blood loss would have affected your BP surely.
Keep smiling. Sandra

User
Posted 22 Nov 2014 at 19:18

Stan had a heart attack without noticing! It was only diagnosed later and then he recalled a day when he had felt 'a little under the weather'! Men!!!

I hope you are back home and feeling hearty soon. This must have been particularly upsetting for your daughter who will still be all over the place with her lovely new baby x

"Life can only be understood backwards; but it must be lived forwards." Soren Kierkegaard

User
Posted 22 Nov 2014 at 23:55
Nikonsteve, here's to a swift recovery and Having another celebration pint!

Flexi

User
Posted 23 Nov 2014 at 08:32

Hi Steve,

Hope things are better today.

Fingers crossed for a speedy recovery and having a pint with you in London.

Si & Ness xx

Don't deny the diagnosis; try to defy the verdict
User
Posted 23 Nov 2014 at 12:49

Hi Steve,

Have been following all your recent posts and wanting to reply and send good wishes, but have been struggling to find the right words. Today, however I have enrolled the help of Hong Kong Phooey (my childhood pin up!) who although being clownishly clumsy, usually gets there in the end even if he's not sure how he managed it! Hope you like my new avatar!

I can't believe the on-going trials you have been going through lately, but you are an inspiration to us all with your positive attitude. Keeping us up-to-date with all your posts educates and informs us all, and adds to our strength and knowledge for the future of all the journeys that we are on. 

Thank you for this, and if I don't reply it's not because I'm not thinking of you and wishing you all the best. Sometimes things are just too overwhelming and all of my good wishes are just a thought unfortunately, instead of being posted.

I am glad that I have managed a post today, despite 3 very lively children playing in the background, so I hope I have made some sense!

Miss x

User
Posted 23 Nov 2014 at 20:23
Steve

OMG FFS how many other awful facebook terms can I use. I am so sorry you are in this situation post RT.. it is a very harsh process on your body, especially around the soft areas in a man's lower abdomen,Especially when it is delivered with such intensity over a short period of time. When I was posting all the way through Mick's battle a common observation was that the s..t always eems to hit the fan after 5pm on a Friday.

Hopefully tomorrow morning you will get a much better picture of what is actually happening. Mick did have some very dramatic drops in blood pressure and these were always put down to his anaemia and protein levels in his blood work. Combi of HT and RT I think.

by the time you read this I hope you are feeling so much better.

xxx Mo

User
Posted 23 Nov 2014 at 20:35

Hi Steve

Just to wish you all the best in diagnosis and recovery.

Paul

Stay Calm And Carry On.
User
Posted 23 Nov 2014 at 20:45

Realise you may not have wifi at the mo Steve....so hopefully when you read this everything will be sorted and you will be getting ready for the trip to London

Take care
Bri

User
Posted 24 Nov 2014 at 05:32
Hi Steve, I have just read this thread, so sorry mate, I hope that you are mending, my thoughts are with you. Kev

Dream like you have forever, live like you only have today Avatar is me doing the 600 mile Camino de Santiago May 2019

User
Posted 25 Nov 2014 at 18:33

Hi Everybody,

Just arrived home.  Lots to tell.  It was confirmed that I did have a heart attack.

Really frustrated that I've had no internet connection and not knowing what was happening with all of you.

Thanks for all your messages, they really helped me.

I'll post a longer message later, feeling really tired at the moment so I'll have to a sleep before doing this.

Steve

User
Posted 25 Nov 2014 at 19:04

So glad you are well enough to come home.  Wishing you all the best,El

User
Posted 25 Nov 2014 at 19:24

Hells bells Steve, you don't do things by halves do you!

Wishing you well mate.

Kick back and rest a bit.

All the best

Kevin

User
Posted 25 Nov 2014 at 19:59
Heck Steve

Thank goodness you went to hospital quickly. Rest up now mate.

Love

Allison

User
Posted 25 Nov 2014 at 20:15

Glad you are home Steve.
Sorry to hear it was a heart attack.
Play with that new baby, hold him and smell him and breath in that new little life.
Let the stress wash over you. It's done its best to get you but you've bounced back.

Don't give it second chance to have another go. RELAX. http://community.prostatecanceruk.org/editors/tiny_mce/plugins/emoticons/img/smiley-laughing.gif

Wishing you all the best. At least now you have the internet we can all stop worrying about you.

Best Wishes
Sandra

Edited by member 25 Nov 2014 at 20:16  | Reason: Not specified

User
Posted 25 Nov 2014 at 20:57

Hello Steve,

I have been worried about you.

I am sorry to hear about the heart attack, the stress must have been the final straw.

It takes its toll.

What a shock, as from previous posts I recall that you are a healthy eater and dedicated runner.

Another wake up call (as if you needed it!).

I hope that you can find the strength now to get over this and fight on, I am sure that you can.

Tell us more only when you can and have rested.

Look after yourself.

Alison x

Edited by member 26 Nov 2014 at 07:19  | Reason: Not specified

User
Posted 25 Nov 2014 at 22:14

Hi Steve,

I haven't been on for a while and was shocked when I read about your latest episode.

That heart attack is a BIG bloody warning to you to TAKE IT EASY, you have had a lot on your plate recently with your job loss amongst other things. But you absolutely MUST relax and stop worrying (I know it's easier said than done) but try and just take each day as it comes and not think to far ahead, your IMMEDIATE PRIORITY is your health, take care.

Best wishes and I hope you feel a bit better tomorrow after a good sleep.

Gerry.

User
Posted 25 Nov 2014 at 23:25
Hi Steve

Glad to know you are now home and resting. Don't even think about posting until you are rested, we can wait for the details, the priority is for you to get back to your old self minus the fretting, worrying about things won't make them any better, I know it's easy to say but you know it's makes sense. One thing you could do is write a column in your paper and get the frustration out of your system, you never know it could be a money spinner.

Take care

Roy

User
Posted 25 Nov 2014 at 23:37

Good to hear you are home. Nothing else to do but rest until your strength is back. It,s a warning!

Take care, glad you are making some progress!

User
Posted 26 Nov 2014 at 09:33

Goodness Me, what a state to get yourself in as my Mum would have said. I do have to laugh at you though Steve you sounded more worried about the lack of internet than the Heart Event (new terminology for heart attack) http://community.prostatecanceruk.org/editors/tiny_mce/plugins/emoticons/img/smiley-wink.gif.

Seriously though I am very sorry to hear this news I am wondering if the unexplained blood loss and subsequent low BP could have caused it ?

Have they given a reason for the blood loss?

Life has a funny way of turning everything upside down and your job worries of last week must now seem like it was years ago.

Take it easy although if I know the Cardiac Dept they will have you back up and running in no time.

BFN

Julie X

User
Posted 26 Nov 2014 at 10:47

Hi Julie,

You have to get your priorities right, good internet connection is important ! http://community.prostatecanceruk.org/editors/tiny_mce/plugins/emoticons/img/smiley-smile.gif

Steve x

Edited by member 26 Nov 2014 at 11:12  | Reason: Not specified