I'm interested in conversations about and I want to talk about
Know exactly what you want?
Show search

Notification

Error

Red meat and dairy

User
Posted 16 Dec 2014 at 18:32

Hi well it is a whole year since I have been on here and a lot has happened, hubby has been for a 2nd Biopsy so waiting the results from that PSA spiked 2 tests back.......... on a positive note he spent a day on the cookery bus WOW! that did him good now I eat more healthy :) interesting is they advised cutting back on red meat, salt and dairy, I have changed to rock salt and my blood pressure has dropped :) cooked tomatoes and broccoli are in...............happy days 

http://community.prostatecanceruk.org/editors/tiny_mce/plugins/emoticons/img/smiley-laughing.gif

User
Posted 28 Dec 2014 at 15:47

Dave (if that's your name) I really don't think you're allowed to post here, as your ID and signature is that of a very dubious commercial website,

As for dairy produce - I've had none since diagnosis in 2005.

George

Edited by member 28 Dec 2014 at 15:57  | Reason: Not specified

User
Posted 28 Dec 2014 at 18:41

Roll up, roll up.......

http://glutathione.md/immunotec-marketing-system/

FFS!

Flexi

User
Posted 29 Dec 2014 at 12:35

Well, it looks like our salesman has gone.http://community.prostatecanceruk.org/editors/tiny_mce/plugins/emoticons/img/smiley-smile.gif

And to get back to the first post (from Wishes), I'd like to say welcome back after a year away from here.

I just hope the spammer hasn't put you off posting for another year!

Yes, diet can be a huge help in fighting those cancer cells, and it's good to hear you're both eating well now.

Each of us is unique and react differently to various treatments or changes of diet, but if you find it's doing you good, stick with it.

Speaking personally, diet has played a significant part in keeping me going for almost 10 years now, along with conventional treatments of course.

All the very best,

George

User
Posted 28 Dec 2014 at 19:30

A panacea for many things it seems.

Dave

User
Posted 29 Dec 2014 at 01:51

Oh great. I go away for a week and come back to find some barmy posts about a great mystery treatment that is better than chemo. Moderators, why is this stuff still here? It is dangerous - the possibility that just one of our members could read this crap and decide to stop their proper treatment programme to chase some quack option (undoubtedly at a significant cost) is unbearable!

"Life can only be understood backwards; but it must be lived forwards." Soren Kierkegaard

User
Posted 31 Dec 2014 at 11:52

Hello Wishes,

No wonder you're confused about the above posts.

A 'snake oil salesman' had began posting replies.
The Moderators must now have banned him. it's a great pity that these people try it out on every forum.

I'm 100% with you on diet, as are a great many of us here.

How did it go with the results of 2nd biopsy? Hoping for good news!

All the very best,

George

Show Most Thanked Posts
User
Posted 28 Dec 2014 at 15:47

Dave (if that's your name) I really don't think you're allowed to post here, as your ID and signature is that of a very dubious commercial website,

As for dairy produce - I've had none since diagnosis in 2005.

George

Edited by member 28 Dec 2014 at 15:57  | Reason: Not specified

User
Posted 28 Dec 2014 at 18:41

Roll up, roll up.......

http://glutathione.md/immunotec-marketing-system/

FFS!

Flexi

User
Posted 28 Dec 2014 at 19:30

A panacea for many things it seems.

Dave

User
Posted 29 Dec 2014 at 01:51

Oh great. I go away for a week and come back to find some barmy posts about a great mystery treatment that is better than chemo. Moderators, why is this stuff still here? It is dangerous - the possibility that just one of our members could read this crap and decide to stop their proper treatment programme to chase some quack option (undoubtedly at a significant cost) is unbearable!

"Life can only be understood backwards; but it must be lived forwards." Soren Kierkegaard

User
Posted 29 Dec 2014 at 10:42

Originally Posted by: Online Community Member

I agree Lyn.... 

Quite irresponsible to post such material on a site such as this in my opinion...

User
Posted 29 Dec 2014 at 11:25

I guess it's no coincidence it's appeared over the holiday period.

Stay Calm And Carry On.
User
Posted 29 Dec 2014 at 12:35

Well, it looks like our salesman has gone.http://community.prostatecanceruk.org/editors/tiny_mce/plugins/emoticons/img/smiley-smile.gif

And to get back to the first post (from Wishes), I'd like to say welcome back after a year away from here.

I just hope the spammer hasn't put you off posting for another year!

Yes, diet can be a huge help in fighting those cancer cells, and it's good to hear you're both eating well now.

Each of us is unique and react differently to various treatments or changes of diet, but if you find it's doing you good, stick with it.

Speaking personally, diet has played a significant part in keeping me going for almost 10 years now, along with conventional treatments of course.

All the very best,

George

User
Posted 31 Dec 2014 at 11:41

Hi, I am a little confused as I seemed to have missed the post by Dave? If in posting re a positive step by my husband who has been diagnosed with PC I have in anyway caused upset I am sorry. He went on the change for life cookery bus and came back with some great advice on how diet can help (not cure or take the place of treatment) I thought it would be a nice post to share. Dealing with a partner who is going through coping with cancer is hard enough without evil people adding to it.

Yesterday we went for the results of his 2nd biopsy...........

User
Posted 31 Dec 2014 at 11:52

Hello Wishes,

No wonder you're confused about the above posts.

A 'snake oil salesman' had began posting replies.
The Moderators must now have banned him. it's a great pity that these people try it out on every forum.

I'm 100% with you on diet, as are a great many of us here.

How did it go with the results of 2nd biopsy? Hoping for good news!

All the very best,

George

User
Posted 31 Dec 2014 at 11:53

Hi wishes, nothing for you to worry about or apologise for. We were joined by a new member who was using your thread to promote some crank cure that he was selling. The moderators have removed his posts. It is unfortunate that some unpleasant people see cancer as an opportunity to make money from vulnerable people :-(

User
Posted 31 Dec 2014 at 11:54

Ah, sorry George - my reply crossed with yours!

User
Posted 31 Dec 2014 at 13:18

Thank you, I thought it was me who had caused issues.

With regards to the results, the Gleason score has change from 3+3 to 3+4 but the PSA is still 0.4? the consultant is confused and has now booked an appointment to explore Brachytherapy as they can't understand the PSA result. The lump on the testicle is a scar from his vasectomy. Not sure if anybody has experienced the same?

Edited by member 01 Jan 2015 at 22:20  | Reason: Not specified