I'm interested in conversations about and I want to talk about
Know exactly what you want?
Show search

Notification

Error

Ever Decreasing Circles part three

User
Posted 14 December 2017 22:31:32(UTC)
I was just thinking today that at least we can relax now that John’s fifth Radium jab has been given Paul. PSA now 77 but no more consults until after the festive season somthat in itself is a relief. Wishing you a very Merry Christmas. If you get Radium it should be a doddle. Talking to the oncologist this week, they say that many oncologists are misinterpreting NICE guidance and waiting far too long to introduce Radium and that it’s effects are better when used earlier. John has done well, apart done the PSA rise, though some of that will be inflammation. Good luck for the next phase of treatment, I’m sure we will be put on a new treatment in 2018.

Take care
Devonmaid xxx
Thanked 1 time
User
Posted 15 December 2017 18:35:28(UTC)

Thanks Allison and a good Christmas and new year to you and JOHN. I know my onco team liked radium 223 as it was trialled in Sheffield before approval. And he has mentioned it to me as a next stop. I do hope that the enzalutimide lasts a good while longer because I have reduced pain and it seems to be doing its job, just the PSA slowly rising is frustrating. I hope the steroid will help as it did last year.

Will stay positive and certainly enjoy the holiday break.

©2018 Prostate Cancer UK