I'm interested in conversations about and I want to talk about
Know exactly what you want?
Show search

Notification

Error

Forum regularly freezes up

User
Posted 13 Jan 2015 at 08:26

I want to use and make posts on the forum. However, it regularly freezes up on me. Sometimes its after viewing just one post, sometimes after viewing several. I've cleared my internet cache, rebooted my PC but nothing keeps it running for me. I use IE.

Can anyone advise how I can keep it working?

User
Posted 13 Jan 2015 at 10:51

Hello! This is a problem that has happened before and our developers are trying to track it down so it can be fixed. Is anyone else still having this issue?

Best,

Sadie

User
Posted 13 Jan 2015 at 11:45

Hi Sadie

Mobile issues again when trying to post as sometimes it times out . It seems to happen when others have just posted but that could be coincidence.

Ray

User
Posted 13 Jan 2015 at 12:26

I use Chrome. Freezing is not an issue for me.

Paul

Stay Calm And Carry On.
User
Posted 13 Jan 2015 at 14:35

Lets see if Chrome does for me what it does for Paul. I downloaded it and I'll let you know what happens.

User
Posted 13 Jan 2015 at 17:10

I've been using Chrome to access the forum for over an hour now and have had no problems. I'm putting the access problems I've had down to IE being a pile of poo! I suggest anyone getting similar problems to me follows Paul's advice and downloads Chrome. Thanks Paul.

User
Posted 13 Jan 2015 at 18:14

I also use Chrome and have never had any issues.

User
Posted 13 Jan 2015 at 20:35

Yes Sadie, still happens some days . Perhaps due to Avatars loading as that's when it seems to happen.

Also means cannot sign out. Just have to leave site partway through reading threads on occasions.

I presume if others experience this it must put some off .

Is it just those signed in ? I don't know.

ps Tried Chrome but that won't accept password !

Edited by member 13 Jan 2015 at 20:37  | Reason: Not specified

User
Posted 13 Jan 2015 at 20:54

Chill out on The Dark Side with no IT hiccups http://community.prostatecanceruk.org/editors/tiny_mce/plugins/emoticons/img/smiley-wink.gif

http://pcasupportforum.proboards.com/

Nil desperandum

Allister

User
Posted 14 Jan 2015 at 15:23

Thanks everyone for these details, I've fed it all through to our developers. Hoping they can sort this soon so the platform will run smoothly for everyone regardless of browser idiosyncrasies. 

Best,

Sadie