I'm interested in conversations about and I want to talk about
Know exactly what you want?
Show search

Notification

Error

Looks like a treatment decision may soon be needed

User
Posted 21 Jan 2015 at 10:11
Hi there all. My OH saw his urologist today and he has been sent for a MRI and bone scan next week. His G score is 7 4+3 although 8 out of his 9 cancerous cores were 3+3. The urologist said that treatment is recommended because of the medium aggressive core which also had some ductal cancer which he said is more aggressive . Dr said that he sees a bit of ductal cancer and it is treated the same but may not be quite as responsive to Hormone Treatment. Dr said that there is a 1 in 4 chance that an aggressive cancer could be missed in the biopsy. However, he was relatively confident that the other tests would be fine and the cancer confined to the prostate. Urologist said that he does not place a lot of value on isolated PSA . My husbands is 2.4 and he is age 73. We have been told the options for treatment will most likely be RP or RT. I am feeling a bit easier but until it is all settled anxiety is a common companion...
User
Posted 21 Jun 2018 at 17:58
Hi my husband is grade 8 T3 diagnosed 2 years ago, has had 18 month hormone injections, and 37 days radiotherapy is now seen in clinic every 6 months, psa has never risen (a unique case he is told ) his psa was 0.02 and is now 0.07 am I to worry? He is 65 and apart from a aching back for last last 4 months gp told him it’s wear and tear. He’s feeling ok, he won’t talk to anyone only me and I don’t have the answers , waiting to see consultant (a different one this time in 3 weeks time) appreciate any advice plz as I don’t know wether to be worried or not, so I guess I’m in same boat as you are or similar anyway? Thanks for listening appreciate any replies .