Know exactly what you want?
Show search

Notification

Error

Nine months on

User
Posted 25 Jan 2015 at 18:43
Hi

I am due my nine month review on Wednesday with one of my urology nurses. Feeling impatient on Friday I rang to get my PSA results, good news less than 0.03 for the third time, apparently they do not routinely go down to three decimal places.

Following two bladder neck stretches, the continence is is still good although the cold weather seems to have an effect on the frequency. The intermittent self catheterisation to keep the bladder neck open is succeeding and three months on the flow rate is good, varying between 13 and 20 ml/second, I am hoping to reduce frequency of ISC over the next few weeks.

I was non nerve sparring therefore ED is still an issue, so still trying to sort out a solution. I was told to stop using the pump until the bladder neck stricture was resolved, so hoping to use muse or something similar, any experiences would be appreciated.

I did not join this forum until after my Da Vinci surgery and with so much information on this site I did sometimes wonder if I had chosen the right treatment,but with life almost back to normal I have no regrets.

Thanks Chris

User
Posted 26 Jan 2015 at 00:19
Hi Chris,

Greatnews about your PSA results, I'm really pleased for you. I'm waiting to get mine in the next day or two. Hoping for a fall in mine but I'm prepared for anything.

Looking forward to beingat Newark on the 7th. Not really taking anything for granted, with the way thingshave gone for me in recent times but fingers crossed I will be there.

Take care.

Steve

Edited by member 26 Jan 2015 at 08:33  | Reason: Not specified

User
Posted 26 Jan 2015 at 12:01

Good results Chris. I'm 9 months post op too as you know. Great news all round.

User
Posted 26 Jan 2015 at 12:33

Good news Chris!

I'm currently 7 months post op.

I will have my 10 month PSA results and  review in April.... 

My continence is not as good as I had hoped for at this stage but is slowly improving, so I take encouragement from that.

Like you I have no regrets having da Vinci surgery...... I was aware of the possible side effects associated with surgery and accepted the risks involved.

I'm grateful that my histology report and subsequent PSA results to date have shown the procedure to have been successful so far.

Good luck with your review on Wednesday. I'm sure you will be more relaxed now you already know your latest PSA result.

Best Wishes

Luther

User
Posted 26 Jan 2015 at 12:56

Good luck Chris.  Hope all goes well.

User
Posted 26 Jan 2015 at 13:42
Great news Chris I think 0,03 is as low as the machine can read .. Lyn or someone will correct me if I a wrong!

See you on 7th Feb

xx

Mandy Mo

User
Posted 27 Jan 2015 at 02:21

Excellent - congratulations!

"Life can only be understood backwards; but it must be lived forwards." Soren Kierkegaard

User
Posted 27 Jan 2015 at 20:44

Great news Chris will see you at newark all being well Andy

Show Most Thanked Posts
User
Posted 26 Jan 2015 at 00:19
Hi Chris,

Greatnews about your PSA results, I'm really pleased for you. I'm waiting to get mine in the next day or two. Hoping for a fall in mine but I'm prepared for anything.

Looking forward to beingat Newark on the 7th. Not really taking anything for granted, with the way thingshave gone for me in recent times but fingers crossed I will be there.

Take care.

Steve

Edited by member 26 Jan 2015 at 08:33  | Reason: Not specified

User
Posted 26 Jan 2015 at 12:01

Good results Chris. I'm 9 months post op too as you know. Great news all round.

User
Posted 26 Jan 2015 at 12:33

Good news Chris!

I'm currently 7 months post op.

I will have my 10 month PSA results and  review in April.... 

My continence is not as good as I had hoped for at this stage but is slowly improving, so I take encouragement from that.

Like you I have no regrets having da Vinci surgery...... I was aware of the possible side effects associated with surgery and accepted the risks involved.

I'm grateful that my histology report and subsequent PSA results to date have shown the procedure to have been successful so far.

Good luck with your review on Wednesday. I'm sure you will be more relaxed now you already know your latest PSA result.

Best Wishes

Luther

User
Posted 26 Jan 2015 at 12:56

Good luck Chris.  Hope all goes well.

User
Posted 26 Jan 2015 at 13:42
Great news Chris I think 0,03 is as low as the machine can read .. Lyn or someone will correct me if I a wrong!

See you on 7th Feb

xx

Mandy Mo

User
Posted 27 Jan 2015 at 02:21

Excellent - congratulations!

"Life can only be understood backwards; but it must be lived forwards." Soren Kierkegaard

User
Posted 27 Jan 2015 at 20:44

Great news Chris will see you at newark all being well Andy