Know exactly what you want?
Show search

Notification

Error

Small Cell Prostate Cancer - Penile

User
Posted 27 Jan 2015 at 14:04

Hello

Unfortunately I have a rare and aggressive type of prostate cancer. I have Metestatic small cell cancer of the prostate. This had spread to lymph nodes and some small nodes in the lungs. I underwent 4 cycles of chemothepay (initially cisplatin and etoposide but could cope with side effect so switched to carbplatin and etoposide). This was ffollowed by 20 treatment of radiotherapy to consolidate the tumour in the pelvic.

These treatments proofe effective and the combination reduced the prostate back to near normal and cleare any milagnet cells from lungs and lymph nodes. All looking good!! However I started having leg pain and sores appearing on my
penis. After a couple of MRI scans as tumour was foud on my right sacrum and another penile tumor.

The oncologists are going to blast the tumour on the sacrum in one session of radiotherapy.  They are not sure exactly what they are going to do with the other tumor but probably chemo to reduce the size followed by some radiotherapy.

Has anyone had expeience of small cell cancer or penile cancer? Both these type of cancers are rare and I have both. Can you share your experience and what treatment you had?

Also has anyone heard of the Supranetwork I believe is a network of oncologists, urologists, and palliative nurses who guide treatment of penile cancer but I have yet found anyone who has heard of them.

DEJ249

User
Posted 28 Jan 2015 at 14:45

I was diagnosed with metastatic small cell PC in November (having previously been diagnosed with ordinary PC, which seemed to be well under control). Currently undergoing chemotherapy, Carboplatin Etopocide. Mixed success so far - I'm waiting for a more detailed scan.

So, not sure I have much to share at the moment as it's still unclear how well the treatment is working for me and what else they might do. There doesn't seem to be a lot of information around. It certainly seems to be a very nasty form of the disease and I wish you luck.

User
Posted 02 Apr 2017 at 16:34

My father is been diagnosed with this and is scared to death of the CHEMO they are suggesting. How bad is it ? ad can an 85 year old handle it ? 

User
Posted 02 Apr 2017 at 17:34

I am currently in the middle of my 7th cycle of Chemo (Docataxel)

Maybe I am lucky, but apart from the 1st week after the Chemo session when I can feel a bit lethargic, the remaining time is fine

You can follow a wonderful thread started by ColU which follows David's Chemo journey.

Regards

DAVE

"Incurable cancer does not mean it is untreatable and does not mean it is terminal either"
User
Posted 03 Apr 2017 at 00:50

Thank you Dave..... you have small cell ?
This site has been so wonderful for me because of people like yourself and i also read CoIU thread, but he is much younger than my father so i was worried for him as he is 83.