I'm interested in conversations about and I want to talk about
Know exactly what you want?
Show search

Notification

Error

CHECK YOUR CHAPS

User
Posted 11 Feb 2015 at 16:35

I was watching TV AM Lorraine Kelly this morning and between 8.30 and 9am they are running a week long campaign called Check Your Chaps

informing women to nag there other halves to get tested, there was some very inspirational stories. Lots of advice on treatments and signs to look out for etc. Dr Hilary was there to also give advice.

I was really pleased to see this aimed at women as this is something that I have been passionate about.

BFN

Julie X

NEVER LAUGH AT A LIVE DRAGON
User
Posted 11 Feb 2015 at 22:30
Missed it Julie, hopefully will catch up with it tomorrow. This is one of the tacks we are taking with a project I am working on. Target groups are Women and Gay Men who may well spot warning signs and encourage their partners to act in good haste.

Awareness is a vital key

xxx

Mo

User
Posted 11 Feb 2015 at 22:34

Yes, we are aiming our talks at Mothers Union and WI. as it is the women that will persuade their menfolk to get checked.

Chris.

User
Posted 11 Feb 2015 at 22:36

Good stuff. PCUK ran a similar campaign last year

Bri

User
Posted 12 Feb 2015 at 02:29
The lady and man interviewed on Lorraine were our very own Jean and Chris Herd. Both were at MOS last year and they do a tremendous amount to publicise PCA and symptoms etc.

I'm proud to know them.

Love Allison

User
Posted 12 Feb 2015 at 17:45

I am so in favour of this it was due to my work royal mail having prostrate uk as their chosen charity and been given information
that I saw my other half had some of the symptoms which lead me to nagging him to go to gp
Im sure that is why it was caught early

User
Posted 15 Feb 2015 at 16:27

Yes, Allison, I saw Chris and Jean on the show.

They did a tremendous job...naturals, the pair of them

WELL DONE YOU TWO!

User
Posted 12 Mar 2015 at 10:33

I am glad that even in our time exists such people. Happy that you shared this information.