Know exactly what you want?
Show search

Notification

Error

Acne

User
Posted 18 Mar 2015 at 20:35

Just out of interest as this is hardly a scientific survey but;

Acne in teenage years thought to be a sign for P.Ca. later in life.

So anyone else besides me who experienced more than a very few teenage spots ?

User
Posted 19 Mar 2015 at 20:05

I snogged loads of girls with acne... does that count ;-)

Bri

User
Posted 19 Mar 2015 at 20:15

I was going to say something sensible Bri and know I can't stop laughing.

BFN

Julie X

NEVER LAUGH AT A LIVE DRAGON
User
Posted 19 Mar 2015 at 20:42
Good to see the humour back on the forum again.

Eric no spots never had any dairy didn't even have milk at school only thing was tubs of ice cream after chemo maybe he kissed alot of spotty girls behind the bike sheds

Carol

User
Posted 19 Mar 2015 at 21:26
Now you mention it, I am looking at this conversation along with the other one of Rob's and deciding Dr B (Mick's Oncolocogist) might have known something I did not. I have developed a facial ZIT a really monstrous one and I have not had one of those for 15 years or more.

I might have had an organism or two and therefore my PSA might be into decimal digits ....HELP !!!

Tomorrow is solar eclipse so be very careful if you are out and about around 9.30 am

xx

Mo

User
Posted 20 Mar 2015 at 01:22

I used to have two pimples but then I had a boob job.

Sorry Rob - we have ruined your attempt at some serious data collection, I think.

"Life can only be understood backwards; but it must be lived forwards." Soren Kierkegaard

Show Most Thanked Posts
User
Posted 19 Mar 2015 at 04:03
Sorry Rob, I had only a few spots but have advanced PC at 49, kev

Dream like you have forever, live like you only have today Avatar is me doing the 600 mile Camino de Santiago May 2019

User
Posted 19 Mar 2015 at 07:57

Not John and not my dad

"Life can only be understood backwards; but it must be lived forwards." Soren Kierkegaard

User
Posted 19 Mar 2015 at 08:04

Definitely. Not nice being a spotty teenager!

Stay Calm And Carry On.
User
Posted 19 Mar 2015 at 10:43
Rob

I understand that acne is caused when skin folicles get blocked and that sets of a hormonal chemical reaction where more of the secretion that blocks them in the first place gets produced and therefore it just gets worse. I also gather that this has been chemically linked to the over production of testosterone in teenagers of both sexes. It is also directly linked to rarer cases of adult onset acne.

Maybe it is just that testosterone link that raises the possibility of a higher threat level. who knows?

xx

Mo

User
Posted 19 Mar 2015 at 10:54

Nope!.... Never suffered with acne

Never ate much dairy or red meat or anything else that is supposedly 'bad' for you either......

Luther

User
Posted 19 Mar 2015 at 19:25
Rob

Another no from me, just the normal teenage spots.

Thanks Chris

User
Posted 19 Mar 2015 at 20:05

I snogged loads of girls with acne... does that count ;-)

Bri

User
Posted 19 Mar 2015 at 20:15

I was going to say something sensible Bri and know I can't stop laughing.

BFN

Julie X

User
Posted 19 Mar 2015 at 20:42
Good to see the humour back on the forum again.

Eric no spots never had any dairy didn't even have milk at school only thing was tubs of ice cream after chemo maybe he kissed alot of spotty girls behind the bike sheds

Carol

User
Posted 19 Mar 2015 at 21:26
Now you mention it, I am looking at this conversation along with the other one of Rob's and deciding Dr B (Mick's Oncolocogist) might have known something I did not. I have developed a facial ZIT a really monstrous one and I have not had one of those for 15 years or more.

I might have had an organism or two and therefore my PSA might be into decimal digits ....HELP !!!

Tomorrow is solar eclipse so be very careful if you are out and about around 9.30 am

xx

Mo

User
Posted 19 Mar 2015 at 23:47

Blooming heck again linking the two threads what happens if you get a pimple on your nether regions is that classed as an organism.http://community.prostatecanceruk.org/editors/tiny_mce/plugins/emoticons/img/smiley-laughing.gif

BFN

Julie X

User
Posted 20 Mar 2015 at 01:22

I used to have two pimples but then I had a boob job.

Sorry Rob - we have ruined your attempt at some serious data collection, I think.

User
Posted 20 Mar 2015 at 20:30

Humph.

Others may still reply in a seemly manner of course.

http://community.prostatecanceruk.org/editors/tiny_mce/plugins/emoticons/img/smiley-wink.gif

User
Posted 20 Mar 2015 at 23:00
Hi Rob

I will try to get your post back on track. When I was a teenager I had the normal acne, nothing excessive, but what I did find was whilst taking Casodex 150g my testosterone rose to 35 and I developed a few spots.

Roy

Edited by member 20 Mar 2015 at 23:01  | Reason: Not specified

User
Posted 30 Mar 2015 at 19:28

Thanks Roy. Yes, Casodex can cause itchy pimples but that may be different to your experience. Those do not develop a head.

Must admit I was expecting a few more Yes or No's but I guess it reflects the participation levels of the new forum. Or perhaps the threads just freeze up for more members as does my screen quite often.

Thanks to those who did answer.

http://www.nature.com/bjc/journal/v103/n3/full/6605757a.html

http://www.facingacne.com/acne-prostate-cancer/

http://www.futuremedicine.com/doi/abs/10.2217/14796694.2.2.225

User
Posted 30 Mar 2015 at 19:36

Apologies Rob I'm aware I contributed to sabotaging your thread

Bri

User
Posted 30 Mar 2015 at 22:57

About average spots as a teenager, which of course seemed excessive at the time.

First diagnosis of PC at age 60 which felt unfair at the time, after all PC is for ancients or so I thought, but no that is about average to.

Sorry my data is pretty neutral and unlikely to support ay theory of causative links.

User
Posted 31 Mar 2015 at 15:34

" Sorry my data is pretty neutral and unlikely to support ay theory of causative links "

Many thanks.

I'm not so much thinking cause as higher Gleason grades on diagnosis. So all input is useful.