I'm interested in conversations about and I want to talk about
Know exactly what you want?
Show search

Notification

Error

Dr Ian Roos

User
Posted 10 Apr 2015 at 06:55
An eminent Australian doctor (Ian Roos) sadly passed away this morning 16 years after being dx with aggressive PCa. I saw one of his quotes and personally thought it was very apt

"the cancer patient can share the experience, not the cancer. Yet it is now part of their being. It is not their partner's cancer, but it affects their partner. It is not their family's cancer, but it affects their family. It is not their friends' cancer, yet their friends grieve for the challenge to longevity that it presents. It is the patient’s and the patient is the one who has to negotiate meaning from it and an identity that incorporates it".

Bri

User
Posted 10 Apr 2015 at 14:05

Hi Bri,

A great quote, thanks for posting that. It's the hardest thing to explain to those around you.  They can show their support but it's hard for some to understand what you're going through and what you're feeling.  I think this is why I feel close to people on this site because I feel we're all on a similar journey (even as partners).

RIP Dr. Roos.

Steve

Edited by member 10 Apr 2015 at 14:07  | Reason: Not specified

User
Posted 10 Apr 2015 at 15:59
Sounds like a man who had vision and could see the bigger picture

Arthur

User
Posted 11 Apr 2015 at 07:55
So true, my PC affects everyone around me but I feel only I and others who have it really can know what dark thoughts are in my head daily. Kev

Dream like you have forever, live like you only have today Avatar is me doing the 600 mile Camino de Santiago May 2019