Know exactly what you want?
Show search

Notification

Error

Newbie here!!

User
Posted 12 Apr 2015 at 16:59
Hiya!!!

I just wanted to say hi to everyone. I am daughter of recently diagnosed dad with PC.

i have up and down days, Not coping too well sometimes.

I just wanted to say, if anybody wants to talk, please messages. I am here to chat/listen.

Peace out!!

Peace out 👍
User
Posted 15 Apr 2015 at 19:04

Hello Dadsupporter and welcome.

It's horrible isn't it watching somebody you love and care about being diagnosed and then the waiting around to find out what the treatment is.

We all understand - we've all been there.

Gleason score of 7. Made up of 4+3 or 3+4? There is a little difference in seriousness.
What was his PSA, do you know.
Is the cancer contained in the prostate ?

While you wait around why not download THE TOOLKIT available from Publications on the home page.
It will give you and your dad an insight into treatments etc.

By the way, when your dad goes for his appointments do you, or somebody, go with him?

It's always better to have an extra pair of ears to take in the wealth of info that will be thrown at you, when you are a your most vulnerable.

IF you do go, take a notepad and pen and write down as much as you can take in for referring to at home.
You can also write down questions from info gleaned from THE TOOLKIT to take with you.

If dad is going alone make sure he takes a notepad with him.

Reassure him that it is not unusual, hospitals are used to it and in general are very helpful with spellings etc

Good luck. We are here if you need help and advice. It's what we do best

Best wishes

Sandra

We can't control the winds - but we can adjust our sails
User
Posted 16 Apr 2015 at 10:59

Good suggestions given already None of us would choose to be here but it is a great place to receive information, support and comfort Cheers Georgina

Show Most Thanked Posts
User
Posted 12 Apr 2015 at 22:46

Sorry to see you here, but welcome. Can you say what treatment your Father has had, or what stage he is?

And if you are not coping to well, then we are here for you.

Best wishes,
Chris.

User
Posted 15 Apr 2015 at 18:00

Hiya, he's 60, not had treatment yet, gleasonscore of 7, we are waiting for full body scan.

Thanks for replying to my post 😄

Peace out 👍
User
Posted 15 Apr 2015 at 19:04

Hello Dadsupporter and welcome.

It's horrible isn't it watching somebody you love and care about being diagnosed and then the waiting around to find out what the treatment is.

We all understand - we've all been there.

Gleason score of 7. Made up of 4+3 or 3+4? There is a little difference in seriousness.
What was his PSA, do you know.
Is the cancer contained in the prostate ?

While you wait around why not download THE TOOLKIT available from Publications on the home page.
It will give you and your dad an insight into treatments etc.

By the way, when your dad goes for his appointments do you, or somebody, go with him?

It's always better to have an extra pair of ears to take in the wealth of info that will be thrown at you, when you are a your most vulnerable.

IF you do go, take a notepad and pen and write down as much as you can take in for referring to at home.
You can also write down questions from info gleaned from THE TOOLKIT to take with you.

If dad is going alone make sure he takes a notepad with him.

Reassure him that it is not unusual, hospitals are used to it and in general are very helpful with spellings etc

Good luck. We are here if you need help and advice. It's what we do best

Best wishes

Sandra

We can't control the winds - but we can adjust our sails
User
Posted 16 Apr 2015 at 10:59

Good suggestions given already None of us would choose to be here but it is a great place to receive information, support and comfort Cheers Georgina