I'm interested in conversations about and I want to talk about
Know exactly what you want?
Show search

Notification

Error

Financial question?

User
Posted 24 Apr 2015 at 08:23

My wife and I are getting the usual benefits, PIP, Income Support etc. A chap from DWP, I think, came to interview us and all was ok. However, if certain circumstances change, you are supposed to let them know as this may affect how much you receive. My wife has recently got some money from her late father's estate and we are not sure if this needs to be reported. Is there a certain limit to the money you can have before telling them? Grateful for any advice on this.

User
Posted 24 Apr 2015 at 10:18

I don't know but I think a quick call to the citizens' advice bureau might be a good idea.

"Life can only be understood backwards; but it must be lived forwards." Soren Kierkegaard
User
Posted 24 Apr 2015 at 11:44
Allybally
If you Google means tested benefits you will see that Wikipedia lists all those that you may need to declare on. They were all updated in 2013 and include income support.PIP is not a means tested benefit but you do have to advise DWP for other circumstancial changes, the leaflets you get sent with payment information gives all the information. If you cannot find them follow Lyn's advice and call CAB to check with them.
Xx
Mo
Show Most Thanked Posts
User
Posted 24 Apr 2015 at 10:18

I don't know but I think a quick call to the citizens' advice bureau might be a good idea.

"Life can only be understood backwards; but it must be lived forwards." Soren Kierkegaard
User
Posted 24 Apr 2015 at 11:44
Allybally
If you Google means tested benefits you will see that Wikipedia lists all those that you may need to declare on. They were all updated in 2013 and include income support.PIP is not a means tested benefit but you do have to advise DWP for other circumstancial changes, the leaflets you get sent with payment information gives all the information. If you cannot find them follow Lyn's advice and call CAB to check with them.
Xx
Mo