Show search

Notification

Error

The C word on TV

User
Posted 03 May 2015 at 20:50

So much is true and personal.

"Don't Google it', for example.

Hurts to watch, but can not "not" watch, make sense?

Now, the aneasthatist, is that how it is spelt, does his bit.  Brings back vivid memories.

dave

All we can do - is do all that we can.

So, do all you can to help yourself, then make the best of your time. :-)

I am the statistic.

User
Posted 04 May 2015 at 20:24
Dave

I guess these programmes are hard to watch when they remind us of what we know or have experienced either directly or indirectly. We watch them to make ourselves wiser and probably more understanding and compassionate. They make us very emotional because we feel every moment but they also remind us that we are but human.

Xx

Mo

User
Posted 05 May 2015 at 08:15
I knew Lisa very well personally as a both friend and colleague. She was editor of Real Homes magazine and I wrote a column for her for four years. Just as she was in the depth of her battle, I was diagnosed in 2010 and she was a font of hope, encouragement and empathy for me. Sheridan Smith, the actress who played Lisa was absolutely brilliant and portrayed her so accurately: a young, funny, vibrant positive perso who, although she knew cancer would eventually kill her, refused to let it define her. I urge anyone who hasn't seen the drama to watch it, if nothing else to show that there is life to be enjoyed even in the midst of the demon.
User
Posted 05 May 2015 at 23:40

I also watched the program, yes it did hurt, but yes I did gain strength from how Lisa handled the situation.
I'm so thankful that I too have friends and relations who give support.
I'm in early days but I need to know how best to handle myself and what makes sense if you understand what I mean.

I would watch it again.

User
Posted 06 May 2015 at 18:15

When we started to watch and it got to the hospital consultation where they were told how serious it was, I said, "I don't know if I can bear to watch this." It brought back all the raw pain and shock of Tony's diagnosis. But we carried on and I was glad I'd watched it. There was so much truth about both the best and the worst aspects of having a serious cancer, and it was somehow comforting to have so many of our experiences and feelings vindicated. I'm sure a lot of viewers will have felt the same.
Marje

User
Posted 06 May 2015 at 21:52

Ho hum.

My son's Mother died from Pancreatic Cancer in 2012, and when she telephoned me to tell me the "news", she said, and I quote, "Don't Google it, you won't find anything good about it'. Well, she was right. And the telling line for me was when the surgeon told Sheridan, "Don't Google it". It bought it all back. With interest, sadly.

However, we have to deal with the hand we are dealt.

dave

All we can do - is do all that we can.

So, do all you can to help yourself, then make the best of your time. :-)

I am the statistic.