I'm interested in conversations about and I want to talk about
Know exactly what you want?
Show search

Notification

Error

Hi from me

User
Posted 13 Jul 2015 at 17:24

Hi all, newbie to the group, having recently had my prostate removed i could do with some advice, i fear this roller coaster im on has only just started, so im holding tight..........

I shall look through the post see what's on already, as you can imagine iv a few questions to be answered.

Thanks

Johny

• Diagnosed May 2015
    Psa 4.2, no symptoms to talk of
    Gleason 7
    Prostate removed May 2015
    Prostate was 80% cancer, no spread.
    Age 47
    Consider myself to be very lucky in this instance.

Edited by member 15 Jul 2015 at 10:50  | Reason: Not specified

User
Posted 13 Jul 2015 at 19:57

Hi and welcome to where none of us would have wished to be.

Sounds like you are unfortunate to have had PCa so you but with no obvious symptoms, very fortunate to have been identified and had it treated.

I had a look at your profile, you may wish to put some of those details on this introducing thread here as some folks do not lookn at profiles and it will help people help you?

Among your side effects on your profile you have omitted one, LIFE. THE most important SE, IMHO.

I am a little over 2 years ahead of you in terms of PCa and treatment but 10 years ahead of you inn life, 55 at diagnosis and I thought I was young!

Anyway welcome, ask anything, we have seen it all and heard it all before so do not flinch or think it will cause any embarrassment. And do not be surprised if one of the many ladies pops up with a detailed answer, they tend to know a lot more about this than us men.

atb

dave

All we can do - is do all that we can.

So, do all you can to help yourself, then make the best of your time. :-)

I am the statistic.

User
Posted 13 Jul 2015 at 20:14
Hi Johny

Welcome from me too, some of us are partners of men with Pca, I'm sure you'll be aware that a cancer diagnosis has a ripple effect in families and we wives or partners come here for help, advice or to offer support to others too.

You sure are young to have got this disease but how fantastic that it was found early, it's frightening to think what could have happened had this not been found.

Ask your questions Johny, there's always someone to help.

Allison

User
Posted 13 Jul 2015 at 19:58
Hi Johny

Welcome to this site, you'll find a tremendous amount of help and encouragement here, plus a lot of wit and wisdom. Just reading people's posts has been helpful for me. There's always someone with a helpful answer to anything you might like to ask.

All the best, Arthur

User
Posted 13 Jul 2015 at 20:48
Hi Johny,

Welcome to the forum, you will get a lot of advice and wisdom from the members here. My husband age 46 just had Da Vinci last Thursday so very early on in the process. Do keep posting and hearing about your experience after surgery would be very helpful.

Best wishes,

Trish

User
Posted 13 Jul 2015 at 22:11

Hi Johny and welcome. There are a few of us with very recent radical prostatectomy on here at the moment. I had mine done 28 days ago. I am 48 yrs old. There are many posts you might want to look through , but please post anything you want at all and any questions. There are people on here with a WEALTH of information for you. Contact if you like
Chris and Elaine

User
Posted 13 Jul 2015 at 22:31
Hi Johnny

another of the Ladies popping in to welcome you.

Right now there are a small group of men on the forum either about to have or have had surgery in the last month to remove their prostates. Add to that the very many who have had the surgery and are at varying stages of recovery and one or two regular posters who are two or more years post surgery and doing really well, no incontinence (well as long as they don't do anything a little crazy) good EF (with a little help sometimes) undetectable PSA and all leading a full and happy life, as well as those who still have a few issues but are getting help to deal with them.

Ask any questions you have and you will get answers here.

I wish you all the very best

xx

Mo

User
Posted 13 Jul 2015 at 23:47

Hi Jonny, sorry you find yourself here at such a young age. I am another wife and my hubby was only 53 at diagnosis with no symptons either.  Now is a really tough time for you and I am sure you will have lots of questions. Lots of people on here much more experienced than me will give advice. I got some great practical advice and support after my hubbies surgery, so feel free to ask all you need.

I just recently posted an update on my hubby which hopefully will show you that life can get back to near normal.

Good luck

Lorraine

User
Posted 14 Jul 2015 at 05:29

hi jonny

hello from me also, cant add anymore to what has been posted and I am sure you will have read loads of other posts

nidge

run long and prosper

'pooh how do you spell love'

'piglet you dont spell love -you just feel it'

User
Posted 14 Jul 2015 at 08:46

Morning Johny and welcome from me too, another wife.
I's all been said by the others but just wanted to say hello
Johsan

We can't control the winds - but we can adjust our sails
Show Most Thanked Posts
User
Posted 13 Jul 2015 at 19:57

Hi and welcome to where none of us would have wished to be.

Sounds like you are unfortunate to have had PCa so you but with no obvious symptoms, very fortunate to have been identified and had it treated.

I had a look at your profile, you may wish to put some of those details on this introducing thread here as some folks do not lookn at profiles and it will help people help you?

Among your side effects on your profile you have omitted one, LIFE. THE most important SE, IMHO.

I am a little over 2 years ahead of you in terms of PCa and treatment but 10 years ahead of you inn life, 55 at diagnosis and I thought I was young!

Anyway welcome, ask anything, we have seen it all and heard it all before so do not flinch or think it will cause any embarrassment. And do not be surprised if one of the many ladies pops up with a detailed answer, they tend to know a lot more about this than us men.

atb

dave

All we can do - is do all that we can.

So, do all you can to help yourself, then make the best of your time. :-)

I am the statistic.

User
Posted 13 Jul 2015 at 19:58
Hi Johny

Welcome to this site, you'll find a tremendous amount of help and encouragement here, plus a lot of wit and wisdom. Just reading people's posts has been helpful for me. There's always someone with a helpful answer to anything you might like to ask.

All the best, Arthur

User
Posted 13 Jul 2015 at 20:14
Hi Johny

Welcome from me too, some of us are partners of men with Pca, I'm sure you'll be aware that a cancer diagnosis has a ripple effect in families and we wives or partners come here for help, advice or to offer support to others too.

You sure are young to have got this disease but how fantastic that it was found early, it's frightening to think what could have happened had this not been found.

Ask your questions Johny, there's always someone to help.

Allison

User
Posted 13 Jul 2015 at 20:48
Hi Johny,

Welcome to the forum, you will get a lot of advice and wisdom from the members here. My husband age 46 just had Da Vinci last Thursday so very early on in the process. Do keep posting and hearing about your experience after surgery would be very helpful.

Best wishes,

Trish

User
Posted 13 Jul 2015 at 22:11

Hi Johny and welcome. There are a few of us with very recent radical prostatectomy on here at the moment. I had mine done 28 days ago. I am 48 yrs old. There are many posts you might want to look through , but please post anything you want at all and any questions. There are people on here with a WEALTH of information for you. Contact if you like
Chris and Elaine

User
Posted 13 Jul 2015 at 22:31
Hi Johnny

another of the Ladies popping in to welcome you.

Right now there are a small group of men on the forum either about to have or have had surgery in the last month to remove their prostates. Add to that the very many who have had the surgery and are at varying stages of recovery and one or two regular posters who are two or more years post surgery and doing really well, no incontinence (well as long as they don't do anything a little crazy) good EF (with a little help sometimes) undetectable PSA and all leading a full and happy life, as well as those who still have a few issues but are getting help to deal with them.

Ask any questions you have and you will get answers here.

I wish you all the very best

xx

Mo

User
Posted 13 Jul 2015 at 23:47

Hi Jonny, sorry you find yourself here at such a young age. I am another wife and my hubby was only 53 at diagnosis with no symptons either.  Now is a really tough time for you and I am sure you will have lots of questions. Lots of people on here much more experienced than me will give advice. I got some great practical advice and support after my hubbies surgery, so feel free to ask all you need.

I just recently posted an update on my hubby which hopefully will show you that life can get back to near normal.

Good luck

Lorraine

User
Posted 14 Jul 2015 at 05:29

hi jonny

hello from me also, cant add anymore to what has been posted and I am sure you will have read loads of other posts

nidge

run long and prosper

'pooh how do you spell love'

'piglet you dont spell love -you just feel it'

User
Posted 14 Jul 2015 at 08:46

Morning Johny and welcome from me too, another wife.
I's all been said by the others but just wanted to say hello
Johsan

We can't control the winds - but we can adjust our sails
User
Posted 14 Jul 2015 at 11:12
I was 47 too. That was five years ago. Best of luck mate

Bazza

User
Posted 15 Jul 2015 at 20:11

Hi Johny
So sorry you are, where you are at your age, I'm way ahead of you at 73. Keep posting there are a lot of friends on here.

KEEP POSITIVE and CARRY ON

Alan