I'm interested in conversations about and I want to talk about
Know exactly what you want?
Show search

Notification

Error

Petition for Prostate cancer screening

User
Posted 23 Aug 2015 at 20:47

https://www.change.org/p/the-rt-hon-jeremy-hunt-mp-national-prostate-cancer-screening-for-the-uk

My story is typical. No symptons until it was too late, (back, right hip and pelvis pain)
My father died of advanced prostate cancer. I had fears that my back/hip pain was due to the disease so asked for a psa test but I was 'talked out of it' with the standard "70% of people who have a raised psa dont have prostate cancer" lets wait and take these painkillers"

They even agreed to a chiropractor who did 3 sessions on my right hip trying to 'free it!"

Anyway, I am now on ProStap and the right thigh numbness I had has gone and pain is 'manageable'

I have started this petition because my consultant said it probably started around 3 years ago and migrated around 6 months ago.
I was 50 three years ago so if my GP had invoked the Prostate Cancer Risk management programme (which is issued by NICE to GP's but they can choose to do nothing about them) then I would have had the test and would now not be terminal.

Please review the petition above and sign and share if you agree.

Many thanks and I hope I can gain some strength and support from you guys.

Regards

Kevin

User
Posted 23 Aug 2015 at 22:23
Hi Kevin

I've signed

Nearly reached the target

Paul

User
Posted 23 Aug 2015 at 22:50

Signed and shared.

We can't control the winds - but we can adjust our sails
User
Posted 23 Aug 2015 at 23:00

thank you so much, the 'target' will keep going up. Mr Hunt has been contacted and will be aware of the momentum this campaign is gaining. We must keep sharing and making people aware.
Thank you so much..... it means a lot to me.

Best wishes
Kevin

Edited by member 23 Aug 2015 at 23:00  | Reason: Not specified

User
Posted 24 Aug 2015 at 00:11

Why is the same thread running twice?

"Life can only be understood backwards; but it must be lived forwards." Soren Kierkegaard

User
Posted 24 Aug 2015 at 00:34

Signed

Barry
User
Posted 24 Aug 2015 at 08:54

Hi Kev

Petition signed and passed on

User
Posted 24 Aug 2015 at 13:34

Fair point Lyn, perhaps moderators could consolidate?

Barry