I'm interested in conversations about and I want to talk about
Know exactly what you want?
Show search

Notification

Error

what i love about this site

User
Posted 24 Sep 2015 at 21:29
We post how we feel and folk on here come and rally round to help the best they can

You then go and read posts by others and think thats a lot of crap they are dealing with and you put your own thoughts to oneside to send help to a friend on here

Long may we continue to support each other and let off some steam

As the wife says to me she cannot imagine the thoughts that must go through my head but she will be their to help pick up the pieces when needed

Nidge

run long and prosper

'pooh how do you spell love'

'piglet you dont spell love -you just feel it'

User
Posted 24 Sep 2015 at 21:29
We post how we feel and folk on here come and rally round to help the best they can

You then go and read posts by others and think thats a lot of crap they are dealing with and you put your own thoughts to oneside to send help to a friend on here

Long may we continue to support each other and let off some steam

As the wife says to me she cannot imagine the thoughts that must go through my head but she will be their to help pick up the pieces when needed

Nidge

run long and prosper

'pooh how do you spell love'

'piglet you dont spell love -you just feel it'

User
Posted 24 Sep 2015 at 23:15
This site has stopped me going mad - honestly!

I have no close family of my own, parents dead and I am an only child, not close to my brother in law or his wife and although I have some lovely friends none of them have experience of PCa.

You've, collectively, stopped me from becoming the "why us, it's not fair" person - l've learned that life is far too short.

Oh, and there's nothing like hearing that someone has lowered their PSA score to brighten my day.

Thank you all, wherever you are! 😘

Maureen x

"You're braver than you believe, stronger than you seem and smarter than you think." A A Milne
User
Posted 24 Sep 2015 at 22:05

Well said, Nidge.

It's so important that's there's somewhere where you can write down your thoughts and have people who really understand what you're going through, respond and try to help out.

I have a very close loving family but often they don't want to talk about health problems because they're frightened about the future. So where do I turn for help?

That's why this site is vital and we should all have patience with people who need a lot of support (I for one).  That's one of the greatest gifts we can give to people here.

Steve

User
Posted 24 Sep 2015 at 22:10

It's what we do best.

I think it's probably why the site works so well. We all, to some extent, have experiences that relate to another member and can offer our support, even if we can't offer practical help.

Some people have had a very rough deal and it makes you realise just how lucky you are

We can't control the winds - but we can adjust our sails
User
Posted 24 Sep 2015 at 22:18
This is a brilliant site, I've learnt so much and been helped by the great people here who I feel I know personally not even having met any of them

Arthur

User
Posted 25 Sep 2015 at 21:29

I couldnt have coped through Neil's illness without this site, the only support I found at the time and I am priviledged to carry on posting and hopefully supporting others here despite losing my partner just over a year ago. It is like having a surrogate family, brought together by the most unwanted of circumstances. Thanks everyone.

Fiona.

User
Posted 18 Oct 2015 at 09:20

Hi
I cannot believe the level of support this site gives.Everyone being so helpful
Though not yet diagnosed (result biopsy next week) was made welcome.Allowed to voice my fears.Not being dismissed as oh he hasnt even been told he got Pc yet.Admitting I am terrified but realising hey there is life after this
A special mention Dave been brilliant with his help putting things in perspective

Garry

User
Posted 19 Oct 2015 at 16:18
Hi all,

Ditto!! I cannot thank each and everyone who contributes to this site whether it's asking for advice or giving support to others.

Although I'm not a regular poster, I read many of the the threads and gain so much knowledge and indeed comfort from people's stories.

Thank you to you all

Lesley xx

Show Most Thanked Posts
User
Posted 24 Sep 2015 at 22:05

Well said, Nidge.

It's so important that's there's somewhere where you can write down your thoughts and have people who really understand what you're going through, respond and try to help out.

I have a very close loving family but often they don't want to talk about health problems because they're frightened about the future. So where do I turn for help?

That's why this site is vital and we should all have patience with people who need a lot of support (I for one).  That's one of the greatest gifts we can give to people here.

Steve

User
Posted 24 Sep 2015 at 22:10

It's what we do best.

I think it's probably why the site works so well. We all, to some extent, have experiences that relate to another member and can offer our support, even if we can't offer practical help.

Some people have had a very rough deal and it makes you realise just how lucky you are

We can't control the winds - but we can adjust our sails
User
Posted 24 Sep 2015 at 22:18
This is a brilliant site, I've learnt so much and been helped by the great people here who I feel I know personally not even having met any of them

Arthur

User
Posted 24 Sep 2015 at 23:15
This site has stopped me going mad - honestly!

I have no close family of my own, parents dead and I am an only child, not close to my brother in law or his wife and although I have some lovely friends none of them have experience of PCa.

You've, collectively, stopped me from becoming the "why us, it's not fair" person - l've learned that life is far too short.

Oh, and there's nothing like hearing that someone has lowered their PSA score to brighten my day.

Thank you all, wherever you are! 😘

Maureen x

"You're braver than you believe, stronger than you seem and smarter than you think." A A Milne
User
Posted 25 Sep 2015 at 20:00
Nearly five years ago when we first began this journey I nearly went mad with lack of sleep and anxiety (all in secret of course) and then I found this forum. A literal life saver. Thank you everyone xxx
User
Posted 25 Sep 2015 at 20:11

Hi Nidge, well said and I whole heartedly agree with you.

Everyone on here is in the same boat one way or another and we all need some advice sometimes and also it is good to be able to give some as well. We have different experiences and needs so being part of a friendly site is so helpful which can take your mind off your own problems/situation whilst still allowing you to do the same for others.

There is a good smattering of humour as well as good advice all put together in a mix that helps those that need it.

Keep well all

Regards Chris/Woody

Life seems different upside down, take another viewpoint.

User
Posted 25 Sep 2015 at 21:29

I couldnt have coped through Neil's illness without this site, the only support I found at the time and I am priviledged to carry on posting and hopefully supporting others here despite losing my partner just over a year ago. It is like having a surrogate family, brought together by the most unwanted of circumstances. Thanks everyone.

Fiona.

User
Posted 25 Sep 2015 at 22:27
I spent a lot of time reading posts on the site, before I dared to write myself. I had never used a forum at anything like Facebook before. The people on here are so friendly and helpful, I can't imagine a better bunch of friends, although we have never met, I often check in a couple of times a day to see how others are getting on.

Thank you to everyone who posts, they have really helped a frightened mummy whose hubby was diagnosed when I was 38 weeks pregnant and 38 years old. You lot and my baby got me through the worst days.

Alison x

User
Posted 25 Sep 2015 at 22:38
Well said everyone.

Joining this forum was one of the best things I ever did. My thanks go to all who offer so much support to others even though they have great challenges themselves. Some of you are my heroes and for whom I have the utmost respect and admiration.

User
Posted 25 Sep 2015 at 23:45

Hi Guys,

I couldn't agree more!

A few years ago I had a treatment for PCa called PLND (Pelvic Lymph Node Disection), I won't go into the detail, it's all written up in my profile for those interested in reading more.

However in the weeks following I wasn't very well, I had been to see my GP, had blood tests and urine tests that suggested I was OK.

But one Saturday evening I was feeling particularlly rough and typed my symptoms into this website, very quickly several members came back (I seem to recall that Rob and Oakseani were prominent, God Rest their Souls), and the consensus was that I had lymphoceles.

So having downloaded and printed a few web pages about lyphoceles, I tipped up at my local A & E the next morning.

The young doctor dismissed my web pages with that patronising/condescending air doctors are so good at, and diagnosed a urine infection (despite me having tested negative earlier in the week).  He inserted a catheter which resulted in the standard bucket of piss, which he claimed justified his diagnosis.

I was admitted onto the Urology Ward and of course within 24 hurs I did have a urinary tract infection, a humdinger, and I spent a few days delirious, on max strength intravenous antibiotics. 

I came round about a week later, and the Consultants having scanned me, and tested my blood and urine more times than enough, came up with a remarkable discovery, I had lymphoceles.

So from my perspective that is a clear result, the guys and girls on PCUK website 1, the NHS Junior Doctors and Consultants 0.

Not everyone who posts on this website is wise, and some like me post a lot of rubbish, but I have found that the combined consensus of this website is rarely wrong.

:)

Dave

User
Posted 18 Oct 2015 at 09:20

Hi
I cannot believe the level of support this site gives.Everyone being so helpful
Though not yet diagnosed (result biopsy next week) was made welcome.Allowed to voice my fears.Not being dismissed as oh he hasnt even been told he got Pc yet.Admitting I am terrified but realising hey there is life after this
A special mention Dave been brilliant with his help putting things in perspective

Garry

User
Posted 18 Oct 2015 at 11:04

I endorse every thing you have all said.

Thank you all, and may we give each other the support as and when needed.

Many many thanks.

User
Posted 19 Oct 2015 at 16:18
Hi all,

Ditto!! I cannot thank each and everyone who contributes to this site whether it's asking for advice or giving support to others.

Although I'm not a regular poster, I read many of the the threads and gain so much knowledge and indeed comfort from people's stories.

Thank you to you all

Lesley xx