Know exactly what you want?
Show search

Notification

Error

Wet Orgasm (Not Urine)

User
Posted 11 Oct 2015 at 09:44

Good Morning!

Just over 5 months post RRP and starting to get regular orgasms again (but not erect)!

Here is the strange thing, sometimes I ejaculate a clear fluid which has a stickiness which makes me question what it is.

I don't think it can be urine because of the stickiness, has anyone else experienced this? Has my surgeon forgotten to cut a pipe? Should I be worried? Any thoughts, comments or similar experiences gratefully welcome!

Pablo

User
Posted 11 Oct 2015 at 13:46

Hello Pablo this has happened to me too. As well as your prostate gland you have a Cowper's gland which they probably left behind. It makes the pre-cum lube stuff which is abundant as a teenager. I haven't " ejaculated " anything in 4 months but there is liquid present sometimes. I posted some members privately as my orgasm was so poor , but I have to say it is getting better and better , and nearing what it was before.
Chris

User
Posted 11 Oct 2015 at 15:16
Why would that gland be left behind?

User
Posted 11 Oct 2015 at 15:33

There are probably people more knowledgeable than me. It's not attached to the prostate so doesn't need removing ??

User
Posted 11 Oct 2015 at 15:44
But they take other stuff that isnt actually attached.Everyone is told that there won't be any ejaculate.Wierd. Someone please answer us.

😕

User
Posted 11 Oct 2015 at 16:44

The Cowper's glands sit in the urethra below the prostate and produces a natural lubricant - some men (and pre-pubescent boys) produce a lot and others so little that they would never notice it. Whether the glands are removed depends on how much of the urethra has to be lost - perhaps men with a small prostate are more likely to still have their Cowper's glands post-RP. I am pretty sure John doesn't have one anymore as there is never any sign of stickiness but he had a major restructure of the bottom of the bladder, urethra etc so not really surprised.

However, the lubricant doesn't spurt out like an ejaculation - more like it oozes out. The equivalent in a woman are her Bartholin glands which lube the entrance to the vagina.

What is interesting about the Cowper's gland (and Bartholin) is that the liquid it produces contains some PSA, another reason that no-one ever gets a true zero even if their cancer has been eradicated? Might also explain why a woman can have a PSA of up to 0.05 after an orgasm ;-)

I can't remember the name of the guy now but there was a member of YANA who had raised PSA and all biopsies were clear who was eventually diagnosed with cancer in his Cowper's gland (a completely different cancer to PCa). I guess it would show on a scan though.

"Life can only be understood backwards; but it must be lived forwards." Soren Kierkegaard

User
Posted 11 Oct 2015 at 22:19

Thanks Lynn, Hilary and Chris.

Lynn I probably need to check with my surgeon whether my Cowpers Gland remains. However, strangely, my post op PSA was 00.00 which my surgeon said he had only seen once before and possibly contradicts your true zero comment?

Show Most Thanked Posts
User
Posted 11 Oct 2015 at 13:46

Hello Pablo this has happened to me too. As well as your prostate gland you have a Cowper's gland which they probably left behind. It makes the pre-cum lube stuff which is abundant as a teenager. I haven't " ejaculated " anything in 4 months but there is liquid present sometimes. I posted some members privately as my orgasm was so poor , but I have to say it is getting better and better , and nearing what it was before.
Chris

User
Posted 11 Oct 2015 at 15:16
Why would that gland be left behind?

User
Posted 11 Oct 2015 at 15:33

There are probably people more knowledgeable than me. It's not attached to the prostate so doesn't need removing ??

User
Posted 11 Oct 2015 at 15:44
But they take other stuff that isnt actually attached.Everyone is told that there won't be any ejaculate.Wierd. Someone please answer us.

😕

User
Posted 11 Oct 2015 at 16:44

The Cowper's glands sit in the urethra below the prostate and produces a natural lubricant - some men (and pre-pubescent boys) produce a lot and others so little that they would never notice it. Whether the glands are removed depends on how much of the urethra has to be lost - perhaps men with a small prostate are more likely to still have their Cowper's glands post-RP. I am pretty sure John doesn't have one anymore as there is never any sign of stickiness but he had a major restructure of the bottom of the bladder, urethra etc so not really surprised.

However, the lubricant doesn't spurt out like an ejaculation - more like it oozes out. The equivalent in a woman are her Bartholin glands which lube the entrance to the vagina.

What is interesting about the Cowper's gland (and Bartholin) is that the liquid it produces contains some PSA, another reason that no-one ever gets a true zero even if their cancer has been eradicated? Might also explain why a woman can have a PSA of up to 0.05 after an orgasm ;-)

I can't remember the name of the guy now but there was a member of YANA who had raised PSA and all biopsies were clear who was eventually diagnosed with cancer in his Cowper's gland (a completely different cancer to PCa). I guess it would show on a scan though.

"Life can only be understood backwards; but it must be lived forwards." Soren Kierkegaard

User
Posted 11 Oct 2015 at 22:19

Thanks Lynn, Hilary and Chris.

Lynn I probably need to check with my surgeon whether my Cowpers Gland remains. However, strangely, my post op PSA was 00.00 which my surgeon said he had only seen once before and possibly contradicts your true zero comment?