Well it seems to be the little things that get me

Take last night thursday it was the start of our winter hill training

One of my fav sessions

Its a small hill where we run repitions that is bottom to top at a good pace

Walk back down to recover and then repeat

We aim to do 10 of these

Managed 3 then had to stop

Was really frustrated and upset

Yep i know may be asking to much of myself but it is important to me so will have to look at a different way

This may mean trying every other hill

repeat

Onwards and upwards in this case

Nidge

run long and prosper

'pooh how do you spell love'

'piglet you dont spell love -you just feel it'

User
Posted 19 Oct 2015 at 12:59
What bothers me is the number of people who have said to me "if you're going get cancer, prostate cancer is the 'best' one to get"

I know they mean well but I'd rather not have any type of cancer thank you very much!

User
Posted 19 Oct 2015 at 12:29
Hi,

One of the things that upsets me is people who don't realise that I'm doing the best I can.

Others sometimes don't agree because they aren't living my life.

I have always tried to do the right thing. I would never knowingly hurt anyone by words or actions. If I have, I'm sorry.

Steve

User
Posted 19 Oct 2015 at 20:19

Incorrect use of apostrophes can ruin my day

"Life can only be understood backwards; but it must be lived forwards." Soren Kierkegaard

User
Posted 20 Oct 2015 at 07:03

Originally Posted by: Online Community Member

A woman after my own heart. Don't get me started on bad grammar. It appears there is no longer any such thing!   Grrrrrr

Edited by member 20 Oct 2015 at 07:04  | Reason: Not specified

We can't control the winds - but we can adjust our sails
User
Posted 20 Oct 2015 at 09:42
My grammar was very good to me when I was little!
User
Posted 20 Oct 2015 at 10:44

I went to a Grammar School !!!! 

Steve

User
Posted 20 Oct 2015 at 14:50

Hi Nidge
I fully understand how seemingly little thing can send you on a wobbly.

I suppose on the positive side you are still climbing those hills and not giving up at the bottom.

i can associate with not achieving stuff that were easy before, like I get knocked out for most of the day when I run just 4 flat miles now whereas before I'd pop out for a hilly 7 miles and not even raise a sweat.
If you figure out how to not wobble afterwards please let me know cos I know Rlass would appreciate it.

Cheers

Paul

Show Most Thanked Posts
User
Posted 19 Oct 2015 at 09:33

Nidge
Could always look at it as a positive
Still running did well there managed 3 :-)

User
Posted 19 Oct 2015 at 10:00

I particularly dislike little spiders that live in your car's wing mirrors for months on end , and no matter what you do they keep coming back , knitting their little webs on your side windows .
But I do like spiders and never kill anything -- just not the ones in my wing-mirrors

User
Posted 19 Oct 2015 at 10:11

The GP that I've just seen who wasn't the least bit interested in listening just gave me a prescription I didn't want!!

User
Posted 19 Oct 2015 at 12:29
Hi,

One of the things that upsets me is people who don't realise that I'm doing the best I can.

Others sometimes don't agree because they aren't living my life.

I have always tried to do the right thing. I would never knowingly hurt anyone by words or actions. If I have, I'm sorry.

Steve

User
Posted 19 Oct 2015 at 12:42

I particularly dislike little spiders that live in your car's wing mirrors for months on end , and no matter what you do they keep coming back , knitting their little webs on your side windows .
But I do like spiders and never kill anything -- just not the ones in my wing-mirrors

Ha!.... Just come back from a 4 and a half week trip in the caravan....

I have resident spiders behind my wing mirrors... They enjoyed their stay away, and the camp site didn't charge me any extra for them...http://community.prostatecanceruk.org/editors/tiny_mce/plugins/emoticons/img/smiley-smile.gif

Edited by member 19 Oct 2015 at 12:47  | Reason: Not specified

User
Posted 19 Oct 2015 at 12:59
What bothers me is the number of people who have said to me "if you're going get cancer, prostate cancer is the 'best' one to get"

I know they mean well but I'd rather not have any type of cancer thank you very much!

User
Posted 19 Oct 2015 at 20:19

"Life can only be understood backwards; but it must be lived forwards." Soren Kierkegaard

User
Posted 19 Oct 2015 at 23:03

I guess what I found annoying was after diagnosis and Googling (as you do), I was on the receiving end of targeted Prostate Cancer adverts. None of them had any relevance to my situation and all appeared to be from US organisations.

I was coping very well with my diagnosis, the last thing I wanted or needed was an advert cropping up reminding my of my condition.

I got around it by installing an ad blocker (Adblocker Plus) but it was something I could quite happily have done without.

Dave

Not "Why Me?" but "Why Not Me"?
User
Posted 20 Oct 2015 at 07:03

A woman after my own heart. Don't get me started on bad grammar. It appears there is no longer any such thing!   Grrrrrr

Edited by member 20 Oct 2015 at 07:04  | Reason: Not specified

User
Posted 20 Oct 2015 at 09:42
User
Posted 20 Oct 2015 at 10:32

Hi Chris & Luther,

Spider therapy!

The weekend before last, I did an intensive gardening stint, cut back lots of shrubs, perennials etc, bagged the cuttings up to take down to my local council's recycling depot and put the bags in the boot of my car, it's a hatchback.

Then as I guess many of our age are prone to do, I got distracted and forgot all about the trip to the recycling depot.

The next day when I went to the car it was Spider time.  Webs everywhere, the steering wheel, drivers mirror, and headrests seem favourite anchor points.

So for the last couple of weeks, every time I use the car, I have to clear the webs.

Its not just spiders, I have shield bugs coming out of the ventilators, and earwigs behind the dashboard.

But I do get my own back, there is nothing to compare with the thrill of catching one of the little buggers and releasing him out of the window while I am doing 70 in the fast lane!

And Lynn, hopefully I've managed to write that without an abberant apostrophy?

:)

Dave

User
Posted 20 Oct 2015 at 10:44

Steve

User
Posted 20 Oct 2015 at 10:58
My wife, she is ALWAYS RIGHT.😁
User
Posted 20 Oct 2015 at 11:06

Steve

Me too!

User
Posted 20 Oct 2015 at 11:17

I went to a Grammar School !!!! Steve
Me too!

So did I....... That's where I learnt to talk proper..... http://community.prostatecanceruk.org/editors/tiny_mce/plugins/emoticons/img/smiley-smile.gif

User
Posted 20 Oct 2015 at 11:59

I left school aged 13, whats grammar? did I miss anything

User
Posted 20 Oct 2015 at 14:26
what bothers me when people say Why Are You Still Wearing Y.our wedding ring.

My reply was Eric would come back and haunt me.

What a stupid question.

Carol

User
Posted 20 Oct 2015 at 14:50

Hi Nidge
I fully understand how seemingly little thing can send you on a wobbly.

I suppose on the positive side you are still climbing those hills and not giving up at the bottom.

i can associate with not achieving stuff that were easy before, like I get knocked out for most of the day when I run just 4 flat miles now whereas before I'd pop out for a hilly 7 miles and not even raise a sweat.
If you figure out how to not wobble afterwards please let me know cos I know Rlass would appreciate it.

Cheers

Paul

User
Posted 20 Oct 2015 at 15:02

What a stupid question.
Carol

WHAT!!!!  Apart from the fact that it isn't anyone else's business, you are widowed not divorced.  Your wedding ring is a part of you and a part of Eric.

How insensitive some people can be.

Having said that, I haven't worn a wedding ring for about 20 years !

I'm still married though to the same man and have been for 46 years

Wear your ring with pride Carol

User
Posted 20 Oct 2015 at 18:14

Cars blocking pavements forcing you to walk in the road. What can be done?

Ray

User
Posted 20 Oct 2015 at 18:19

When i need a toilet........I NEED A TOILET!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

User
Posted 20 Oct 2015 at 18:43

Cars blocking pavements forcing you to walk in the road. What can be done?

Ray

I'm with you Ray, my wife uses a wheelchair and we have to walk in the road to get by

Arthur

User
Posted 20 Oct 2015 at 19:04

What a stupid question.
Carol

WHAT!!!!  Apart from the fact that it isn't anyone else's business, you are widowed not divorced.  Your wedding ring is a part of you and a part of Eric.

How insensitive some people can be.

Having said that, I haven't worn a wedding ring for about 20 years !

I'm still married though to the same man and have been for 46 years

Wear your ring with pride Carol

I'm with Sandra - I think it's disgusting that anyone would say that to you Carol.  

User
Posted 20 Oct 2015 at 19:05

The kids bought John a t-shirt that reads "Education is important but rugby is importanter"

User
Posted 20 Oct 2015 at 19:30
Hi had a cold call today from young woman trying to sell funeral pre payment plans,my oh my goodness I'm not interested should have alerted her that I wasn't keen on the subject,but she persisted so I'm afraid I had to hang up,not in the frame of mind for that one!!
User
Posted 20 Oct 2015 at 22:41
People putting their feet on seats in trains. Grr....
User
Posted 20 Oct 2015 at 23:25
People taking advantage of my Steve's good nature - yes he does drive a taxi for a living but if you ask him to take and collect you from Gatwick, which would usually cost you +£120, please have the decency to offer him more than £20 and bar of chocolate! 😡
"You're braver than you believe, stronger than you seem and smarter than you think." A A Milne