I'm interested in conversations about and I want to talk about
Know exactly what you want?
Show search

Notification

Error

That was not in the plan.

User
Posted 19 October 2015 12:50:19(UTC)

I am now 18 months post op and following 5 PSA tests at 0.03 (last one was six months ago) my latest PSA is 0.06, still quite low I suppose but not what I had hoped for. The threshold to see the consultant is 0.1 so still a way off that and I was told there was a 30 percent chance of biochemical return following the histology on the prostate. I see my urology nurse Tuesday for my 18 month post op check up.

I have been through the mill in the last few weeks and do wonder if it has any effect on the PSA. Soon after my op I developed a stricture and had two dilatations which did initially sort the problem following the second dilatation I also carried out intermittent self dilatation until I could no longer get the catheter into the bladder.

On August 17th I spoke to my surgeon and queried whether I needed the third dilatation and possible incision into the scar tissue, my flow was still between 8 and 11 MLs/second. He told me he could improve the flow and we needed to know why the catheter would not pass into the bladder.

20th August I went into theatre for my third dilatation and woke up in the recovery suite, in retention being given a very poor local anaesthetic, morphine into my arm, signing a consent form and having something that felt like a knitting needle being pushed through my flesh just below the belly button and into my bladder. I had just had a super pubic catheter fitted.

The procedure had been aborted because there was too much blood and they could not see what was happening. A course of antibiotics and let’s give it time to heal. Five days later I was due to shut off the SPC and urinate through the penis. On the fourth time of passing urine the penis swelled up to a full size erection and I was in agony(OH at work again). A call to the GP and she said sounds like they have punctured the urethra and you are passing urine into the soft tissue of the penis. Opened up  the SPC and fitted a bag no more passing urine and no more pain. No problems with this SPC quite comfortable and got on with normal activities.

28th September, time for another go, the plan is remove SPC insert camera have a look inside the bladder then pass a guide wire through the SPC opening into the urethra and out the end of the penis, then pass the dilators into the bladder neck and stretch up. So the SPC comes out and the bladder falls away from the front wall, they are now fishing around inside to get the bladder back in position and find the hole. They get the bladder back in position and carry on. So they get stretched up and get the camera into the urethra only to find a second Hem-o-lok clip from the original op has migrated into the urethra/ bladder neck. A replacement SPC is fitted and a new urethral catheter is fitted to the penis but capped off and left as a back up

I should be home the next day but a high temp, low blood oxygen, low potassium and the risk of infection keeps me in for four days and another course of antibiotics. Just prior to discharge the SPC stops draining so a bladder flush and the urethral catheter has a bag fitted. Friday at home all normal both bags draining and no blood in the bags.

Saturday morning, got up drained night bags still clear of any blood whilst shaving had some pain from a catheter bypass ( fluid passing between urethra and catheter) nothing unusual , I had experienced these many times in the prior treatments. When I started to remove my under wear I noticed the pad was covered in blood, not a mixture of blood and urine but pure blood. I shouted for the wife and as I waited for her noted that there was blood dripping from the end of my penis about one drip per 2 seconds.

I applied the pad to the penis to remove the excess blood and to my horror saw a lump of something hanging out between the end of my penis and the catheter (pictures on request), having suffered urethral damage and a complication with the bladder during the operation a few days earlier I was now getting quite worried. A doctor in the emergency department pulled part of it out and tells me it is a blood clot.

I will skip the procedure of getting readmitted to hospital but it was not fun. My consultant has now arranged open access back onto the ward if I need it.

A further four days in hospital waiting for the blood in the catheter bags to drop to an acceptable level.

Ten days after the last procedure I went to my GPs to have the SPC entry stitch removed and was told they would not take the stitch out as it was too infected and started me on another course of antibiotics. Seven days later another visit to the GP and again will not remove stitch, still too much infection, they have taken swab of the gunge and that should be back any day. 22 days after op wound is still leaking puss, hopefully when I see the urology nurse she is going to get a consultant involved.

Next procedure to laser the clip out and finish the job November 9th.

I am still here and still a lot better off than many others on here.

Edited to add the following because I received a PM that contained this comment  "considering having the da Vinci operation,rather concerned reading your catalogue of difficulties" , my reply back was "if I could turn back the clock would I go down the same path 100 per cent yes " I would hate to think my minor misfortunes would put anyone off having the treatment that is right for them.  

Thanks Chris

X

User
Posted 02 June 2016 14:52:54(UTC)

Thank you for all the messages of support. Having had numerous urethral catheters with very few problems I was amazed at how much a catheter can upset the workings of the body. I have experienced by passing on numerous occasions but the pain associated with this latest catheter has been quite severe, it affected trying to pass motions and I have been suffering with back pain for the last week. The antibiotics to treat a UTI gave me a lovely rash on my feet ankles and calves.

Yesterday I had my catheter removed, the relief was out of this world, despite being the most troublesome catheter it was the least uncomfortable removal of all my catheters, within a few hours most of the back pain had gone and I can now urinate normally again. Flow is a bit slow and volume is also low, touch wood the slight incontinence seems to have gone, although there is more urgency and frequency with a couple of accidents trying to “hold on”.

I am now back on twice daily intermittent self-dilatation for the foreseeable future and will be using a four inch drain pipe otherwise known as a size sixteen catheter. Not been too successful so far but early days. I have not been on any ED medication for the last three weeks but still managed to get some tumescence even with the catheter in, now that is weird.

I hope that any guys still contemplating options and reading this will not be put off the surgery route, my initial surgery was pretty straight forward and hopefully a success, only time will tell.

Thanks Chris

Thanked 4 times
User
Posted 28 April 2017 09:11:15(UTC)

Three years ago today I went into theatre and came out a few hours later after parting company with a cancerous prostate. Today I will have salvage RT session number 16 of 33. Not quite what I had in mind three years ago but I am still here and still have lots of options open.

Thanks for all the support over that time.

Thanks Chris

Thanked 4 times
User
Posted 20 October 2015 10:46:36(UTC)

Hi Chris,

My heart goes out to you on reading about your horrific experiences over the past few months.

It has to be one of the most shocking stories I've read on here.

How you keep your sense of humour is beyond me, but thank God you're able to retain it - and your fighting spirit.

I felt I just had to reply, because your story really struck a chord with me

Your experiences took me all the way back to my darkest days in 2005.

Within days of having my very first PSA test (it came back at 182) in March of that year, I was having a biopsy done under general anaesthetic by a urologist.

I should have been home in six hours, but it was 7 days and six hours before I was able to leave hospital.

Everything went wrong, and was made far worse by neglect.

Through the first three days of agonising pain, none of the staff would listen properly to my complaints about something being wrong. I knew that the catheter wasn't functioning as it should. Time after time I was ignored.

By the fourth day, I was passing out and becoming delirious. My face was grey, and my pain was so bad that my wife rang the kids, telling them to get down to the hospital as fast as possible.

It was only through the intervention of two consultants (from another discipline) who happened to be visiting the urology ward that I was saved. Before I knew it the panic button was pressed, curtains were pulled around the bed, I was injected with morphine. and a team of nurses were helping the consultants clear masses of blood clots.

I will never forget the first words of the consultant who had spotted me. She said 'Never let yourself get into so much pain again'.

I can't remember answering, so must have passed out. My wife tells me I was delirious for a long time. Luckily, morphine blotted out those memories for me.

Chris, from that day on, my attitude to my PCa and its treatment changed forever.And of course, my opinion of that urology department, from consultant down to nursing staff is unprintable here.

The experience (and my anger) lit a fire in my belly which burns to this day. I vowed I would never again allow any clinician to treat me badly.

Looking back, I'm glad I experienced the worst side of care so early in my battle, because it made me 100% pro-active in choosing my treatment (and my doctors). It may even have helped me survive so long after the terminal diagnosis.

I have never had to raise my voice in anger, but have found that being very firm (but oh so polite) has seen me through the last ten and a half years with no further bad experiences.

Luckily I have an oncologist I have complete faith in, and after so many years we're more like friends than doctor and patient now. If only they were all as good.

You have suffered far worse than I did, and for much longer. If any good thing can come out of all your pain, it's that you can use the experience to make you stronger and more determined than ever to win through.

Wishing you a full recovery and some much happier, brighter, pain-free days ahead.

And - I hope to see you at The Mill next June looking 'damn good and worry free'

All the very best,

George

Thanked 3 times
Show Most Thanked Posts
User
Posted 19 October 2015 13:05:13(UTC)

Blimey Chris!

You have been through the mill!

Hope you get sorted soon and things settle down for you.

I'm no medic but your minute PSA rise could be attributed to a number of things, and at a guess recent trauma may have played a part ? 

Best Wishes
Luther

Thanked 1 time
User
Posted 19 October 2015 13:47:32(UTC)

Sorry to read that you are still having problems Chris but glad that it is not more serious, and may at last be getting sorted out for you both.

atb

dave

Be content with your choice of treatment at the time you make it. Then make the best of every minute, every hour, every day.
Thanked 1 time
User
Posted 19 October 2015 13:56:43(UTC)

Gosh Chris
I'm so sorry that all sounds terribly awful. Actually worse. You brave guy !! I agree with Luther that all that pulling and pushing etc cud be the reason for that rise. And it's only one rise. Hang on in there :-)

If life gives you lemons , then make lemonade
Thanked 1 time
User
Posted 19 October 2015 16:24:04(UTC)

Ouch ouch OUCH!!!

So sorry you've had all this trouble Chris. Hope you get it sorted soon

We can't control the winds - but we can adjust our sails
Thanked 1 time
User
Posted 19 October 2015 18:14:49(UTC)

Chris, you tell an awful story with such humour and even temper.myou must have been in agony at times. I do hope you are getting to the end of it. Thinking of you and hope for a resolution soon.

Thanked 1 time
User
Posted 19 October 2015 18:50:25(UTC)

2nd attempt. ..thought I'd posted once but not here.
Anyway, my legs are platted reading your post Chris...what a time you have had. As you know I also have a bladder neck stenosis and literally changed my mind regarding the op at the last minute...
I hope they get things sorted for you soon.

Hopefully the PSA will drop down by yiur next test

Bri

Thanked 1 time
User
Posted 19 October 2015 19:11:58(UTC)

Sorry to read of all your troubles Chris psa is still well down though hopefully just a blip all the best for November 9th Andy

Thanked 1 time
User
Posted 19 October 2015 19:51:25(UTC)
Hi Chris

You really have had a rough deal - I am sorry to hear of your suffering.

Wishing you all the best on 9 November.

Kind regards.
Thanked 1 time
User
Posted 20 October 2015 10:46:36(UTC)

Hi Chris,

My heart goes out to you on reading about your horrific experiences over the past few months.

It has to be one of the most shocking stories I've read on here.

How you keep your sense of humour is beyond me, but thank God you're able to retain it - and your fighting spirit.

I felt I just had to reply, because your story really struck a chord with me

Your experiences took me all the way back to my darkest days in 2005.

Within days of having my very first PSA test (it came back at 182) in March of that year, I was having a biopsy done under general anaesthetic by a urologist.

I should have been home in six hours, but it was 7 days and six hours before I was able to leave hospital.

Everything went wrong, and was made far worse by neglect.

Through the first three days of agonising pain, none of the staff would listen properly to my complaints about something being wrong. I knew that the catheter wasn't functioning as it should. Time after time I was ignored.

By the fourth day, I was passing out and becoming delirious. My face was grey, and my pain was so bad that my wife rang the kids, telling them to get down to the hospital as fast as possible.

It was only through the intervention of two consultants (from another discipline) who happened to be visiting the urology ward that I was saved. Before I knew it the panic button was pressed, curtains were pulled around the bed, I was injected with morphine. and a team of nurses were helping the consultants clear masses of blood clots.

I will never forget the first words of the consultant who had spotted me. She said 'Never let yourself get into so much pain again'.

I can't remember answering, so must have passed out. My wife tells me I was delirious for a long time. Luckily, morphine blotted out those memories for me.

Chris, from that day on, my attitude to my PCa and its treatment changed forever.And of course, my opinion of that urology department, from consultant down to nursing staff is unprintable here.

The experience (and my anger) lit a fire in my belly which burns to this day. I vowed I would never again allow any clinician to treat me badly.

Looking back, I'm glad I experienced the worst side of care so early in my battle, because it made me 100% pro-active in choosing my treatment (and my doctors). It may even have helped me survive so long after the terminal diagnosis.

I have never had to raise my voice in anger, but have found that being very firm (but oh so polite) has seen me through the last ten and a half years with no further bad experiences.

Luckily I have an oncologist I have complete faith in, and after so many years we're more like friends than doctor and patient now. If only they were all as good.

You have suffered far worse than I did, and for much longer. If any good thing can come out of all your pain, it's that you can use the experience to make you stronger and more determined than ever to win through.

Wishing you a full recovery and some much happier, brighter, pain-free days ahead.

And - I hope to see you at The Mill next June looking 'damn good and worry free'

All the very best,

George

Thanked 3 times
User
Posted 20 October 2015 13:16:49(UTC)
Chris
I am so sorry you are still going through such an ordeal. Hope you are around that corner now.
Xx
Mo
Thanked 1 time
User
Posted 20 October 2015 23:37:13(UTC)
Hi Chris,

I'm so sorry for everything you've had to go through in recent weeks. No one should have to go through that. I really hope that they can sort things out for you really soon.

Look forward to meeting up with you and Dawn at another event very soon.

Take care.

Steve
Thanked 1 time
User
Posted 21 October 2015 08:07:21(UTC)

Good grief Chris, George, are you two super-human or something? Extract of your bravery and tenacity should be fed to the England rugby team before the next world cup (not Wales, we was robbed).

My experience of NHS urology being on another planet is mild in comparison:

Getting appointments in the wrong order
Inability to read and digest my carefully typed (and succinct) history since TURP/LRP
Not having a clue how the b****y urodynamic testing machine worked
None of the three consultants involved at different times being able to give a consistent diagnosis and recommendation
Medical dictionary not having the word "stricture" in it
Being put on a maximum 12 month ("we are trying to get it down") waiting list for CONSIDERATION for an AUS nearly TWO years ago (no, I still have not heard anything).
My father, RIP just in time to finance me through the private sector

Oh, yes, and discontinuity half way through flow rate test when nurse walked into the room and asked me where the consultant was....

I think I may have to vote for Liane Wood (our Nicola Sturgeon) next year....

Tony

TURP then LRP in 2009/2010. Lots of leakage but PSA < 0.1 AMS-800 Artificial Sphincter activated 2015.
Thanked 1 time
User
Posted 21 October 2015 11:53:45(UTC)

Thank you all for your messages and support it is appreciated. I have edited my original post and added the following.

Edited to add the following because I received a PM that contained this comment "considering having the da Vinci operation, rather concerned reading your catalogue of difficulties" , my reply back was "if I could turn back the clock would I go down the same path, 100 per cent yes " I would hate to think my minor misfortunes would put anyone off having the treatment that is right for them.  

I would not suggest for one moment that my actual treatment has been poor, I think I was just unfortunate that my body did not do what is the norm. The actual Urology department is full of superb staff, right from the receptionist up to the consultants and the urology robot clinic nurses are all brilliant. The only let down was the procedure of getting back into hospital following the blood loss. Hopefully by mid November all will be back to normal and a distant memory.

I saw one of my urology robot nurses yesterday and she has said not to start worrying about the PSA rise, it is a very small rise but I will revert back to three month testing or less and not get passed to my GP just yet. She said the recent surgery and infections etc. could have a bearing on the rise.

Like I have said before I am in a better place medically than many on here and my plumbing problems are trivial in comparison to many of our community.

Not sure if this applies to all NHS trusts but we found out yesterday that at our hospital parking is free for all cancer patients. The urology nurse signed a form and within minutes we had a three month parking permit.

Thanks Chris

User
Posted 26 October 2015 22:32:07(UTC)
Christ on a bike.

I am never going to complain again.

L xx
Thanked 2 times
User
Posted 20 November 2015 21:24:01(UTC)

BACK ON TRACK ???

Well after 90 days I am again bag and pipe free. Almost back to normal, continence just about regained, volume getting better, flow rate 20mls/sec.

Sildenafil having an effect and a stockpile of muse to use, struggled to get the applicator past the catheter.

Another PSA in two weeks fingers crossed.

Thanks Chris

User
Posted 20 November 2015 21:34:11(UTC)

at last Chris,

Some good news for you and Dawn.

Just one thing!  Have you checked to make sure she has enough marigolds to attend to your every need mate?

OOPS!!!

Have you made sure that SHE has checked that SHE has enough marigolds to attend to your every need, and then some? 

atb to you both.  Hopefully we can all meet up again soon.

dave

Be content with your choice of treatment at the time you make it. Then make the best of every minute, every hour, every day.
Thanked 1 time
User
Posted 20 November 2015 21:41:16(UTC)

Glad to hear your situation is improving, Chris !

Fiona.

Thanked 1 time
User
Posted 20 November 2015 21:44:44(UTC)

really pleased for you Chris all the best Andy

Thanked 1 time
User
Posted 20 November 2015 21:45:53(UTC)

Hi Chris

Glad to hear the catheter is out at last and you can now get on with your life.

Wishing you well with your forthcoming PSA test (mine is due very soon as well)

Kind regards

Thanked 1 time
User
Posted 20 November 2015 22:52:22(UTC)

Phew...great news Chris

Bri

Thanked 1 time
User
Posted 20 November 2015 23:40:38(UTC)
CB

It gets worse,during my last stay in hospital the nurse injected me with an anti clotting medication gave me some pills to take and told me to drink some water. Thirty seconds later I grabbed a sick bowl tried to move into a better position, Dawn was half holding the sick bowl I emptied the contents of my stomach which went in one side of the bowl and straight out the other side all over Dawn. Unfortunately I had not bought her any aprons, but at least she did have some gloves to help clean me up. I do love her.

Thanks Chris
User
Posted 21 November 2015 00:09:55(UTC)

Originally Posted by: Online Community Member
CB

It gets worse,during my last stay in hospital the nurse injected me with an anti clotting medication gave me some pills to take and told me to drink some water. Thirty seconds later I grabbed a sick bowl tried to move into a better position, Dawn was half holding the sick bowl I emptied the contents of my stomach which went in one side of the bowl and straight out the other side all over Dawn. Unfortunately I had not bought her any aprons, but at least she did have some gloves to help clean me up. I do love her.

Thanks Chris

Tutt tutt tutt.  She only caught half of it in the bowl, shoddy.  

That you love each other is the best news.  Suspect she loves you more?  

dave

Thanked 1 time
User
Posted 21 November 2015 08:50:22(UTC)

Really glad for you Chris. You've been incredibly brave I think. Let's hope everything gets back to normal.
Chris

Thanked 1 time
User
Posted 21 November 2015 10:58:03(UTC)
Chris
I'm sure Dawn has had far worse than you missing the puke bowl, some men will do anything to get us ladies to take our kit off!

Seriously though I am sure that was minor price to pay for having you tube, bag and fancy free again. May your onward recovery be swift and complete.

Hope to see you both in the New Year
All my best wishes
Xx
Mo
Thanked 1 time
User
Posted 21 November 2015 12:26:07(UTC)

Hi Chris.Im 4 weeks post De Vinci(operation performed in Bradford)&go to have my first PSA blood test next week followed up by a review with the surgeon the week after.Reading your story makes me wonder just what is to come,i like everyone else ive read am overwhelmed by your bravery,resilience&humour in situations most would find unbearable.Im just trying to regain fitness,get more continent&not do anything to jepordise the blood test,but its so difficult to know what to do.I guess the PSA will be what it will be.I was Gleason 3+4(T3a)on Right side/Lside benign, with 12% disease(PSA originally was 5.2).You are an inspiration to us all.I wish you the best of luck in your journey back to good health&look forward to reading further posts regarding your recovery.

Best Wishes.

Polarbear2.

Thanked 1 time
User
Posted 21 November 2015 17:08:11(UTC)
CJ PB

The clip migration is quite rare something like 1 in 500. Not sure how you work out the odds for two migrating. Strictures are reasonably frequent but I have not come across too many guys with them.

I think were were all brave to have an operation or RT or Barchey etc when we did not feel ill, knowing we risked life changing side effects.

My follow up operations were no brainers as there was a symptom that needed sorting. Being looked after by a superb Urology team helped and I am sure I will miss them when I get sorted.

CB

You are in trouble.

Mo

There was worse that involved a nappy change and a baby daughter with wind and diarrhoea.

Thanks Chris
User
Posted 22 November 2015 03:40:08(UTC)
Hi Chris,

You've had a rough time of it recently. I really hope that things are a bit easier and you can look forward to a better new year.

Take care.

Steve
Thanked 1 time
User
Posted 17 December 2015 19:49:14(UTC)

BACK ON TRACK ?

Two years ago today I heard those mind numbing words “ I am sorry to say that you have prostate cancer”. When I look at some of the recent posts I realise how fortunate I really am.

After twelve months of consistent 0.03 PSA results the 18 month test was a disappointing 0.06. Two recent PSA tests came back at 0.04 and 0.05 so at least a fluctuation and not a steady increase. My consultant is not concerned at this stage. Unknown to me I was carrying the pseudomonas infection for quite a while and probably had the 18 month test whilst carrying the infection, this may or may not have had an influence on the reading.

As regards the incontinence, I was almost dry 14 days after the RARP in April 2014, the Dilatation in August 2015 has left me incontinent, I have bad days and nightmare days, I have been using the sheath system “Bard care Spirit” not Coloplast /Coveen for the last three days and the difference is incredible. Not only is it better to leak into a bag it also improves the part of bladder retraining where you try to hold the urine for the extra minute. No major accidents to worry about.

My consultant pulled a face when I told him I was using the sheath system, but did accept my view that it is improving my state of mind and quality of life. Although the incontinence nurse said it was becoming the gold standard for treating incontinence the consult said urologists regularly see incontinence get worse for post RP patients as they come to rely on the bag. I will be having more bladder pressure test and cystoscopies in the next few weeks to see why things are not working correctly.

Bri, I did listen to your advice, but was persuaded things could be improved.

I have a stock pile of Muse in the fridge and now have the all clear to restart the ED rehabilitation.

As I frequently say to people at least I am still here to moan about things.

Thanks Chris

User
Posted 17 December 2015 20:34:51(UTC)
Chris
Honest and Frank post so thanks for that. I am sure you have had more crosses than enough to bare so I hope 2016 is onwards and upwards for you in more ways than one!
Have you been following Tony and his posts on the pump?
I will message you after Xmas re the Newark gang.
I trust D is well and enjoying sporting her marigolds?
Xxx
Mo
Thanked 1 time
User
Posted 17 December 2015 21:01:51(UTC)

Hi Chris pleased for you on the PSA results hope the other improves as well enjoy xmas Andy

Thanked 1 time
User
Posted 20 May 2016 09:23:09(UTC)

This afternoon I will be having my sixth general anaesthetic and sixth urethral procedure in the last 21 months. I say procedure as opposed to dilatation because I am expecting it to be more a removal of a foreign object rather than a stretch of the bladder neck. Following a slow decline from 12 mls/sec to 5 mls/sec in the flow rate, a cystoscopy two weeks ago restored the flow to around 11mls/sec, they could not get into the bladder and one of my consultants still wants to carry on with today’s procedure, I now have two consultants, am I being greedy ?  I think the odds of finding a third migrated clip are about the same as Leicester winning the premiership and we all know what happened there.

It is now almost 25 months since my robotic assisted radical prostatectomy, I actually met my robot last week at an open day of our local urology department, the robot was not quite as big as I thought it would be. My PSA has slowly risen from 0.03 to 0.07 a few weeks ago, still good but I would have preferred it at a constant 0.03, the next test in July is eagerly awaited.

Following a trip to the GP about itchy skin we suspended the daily 100mg of sildenafil two weeks ago and the itching seems to have stopped. Although I cannot get an upright erection, with stimulation and no chemicals I can achieve about 90 per cent of the pre-op size, not bad for a “supposedly” non-nerve sparring Op. As I keep telling people you do not need an erection for vaginal intercourse and it is wonderful.

Continence has stalled at around 3-5 mls a day and I think I can live with that and I am not sure an AUS would, A be fitted at such a low leak level and B might still leak a little anyway.

If I could turn the clock back would I have surgery, one hundred percent yes.  For those who might be considering surgery do not be put off by my experience, there are many guys who have had a more straight forward journey.  At three months post op I had been back at work for two months, was completely dry and having fun getting around erectile dysfunction, At fifteen months life was almost back to normal until the urethra was punctured.

As I have said before I am still in a good place and far better off than many of the guys and girls on here. I admire the resolve and optimism you and your ladies give to the rest of us. Twenty five months ago in April 2014 one of our member’s husband had just been diagnosed with PCa, sadly we lost him earlier this year, how cruel life and this disease can be.

Thanks Chris

User
Posted 20 May 2016 09:39:58(UTC)
Chris ,

I hope that all goes well for you this afternoon. Your attitude and determination that you share with us in facing this disease is great. And I follow your updates on ED too with interest, having just embarked on ED treatment myself. Before dx I would never have thought I should be making comments like that. But being on this forum has certainly changed my outlook on life !

John
Thanked 1 time
User
Posted 20 May 2016 09:56:13(UTC)

Fingers crossed for you Chris.

Hope all goes well

We can't control the winds - but we can adjust our sails
Thanked 1 time
User
Posted 20 May 2016 10:03:29(UTC)

Hi Chris

More General Anaesthesia? Just think of it as being like one of those Spa 'pamper days'  where you get to relax for a while  ( so I'm told).

Joking apart, sending you  this by way of a brief message of support. Only sorry I can't be of more practical help.

Thanked 1 time
User
Posted 20 May 2016 14:01:23(UTC)

Hi Chris
I can only wish you the best of luck. Boy have you manned up and been through the mill , yet managed to help and encourage others at the same time. Thankyou.
Chris

Thanked 1 time
User
Posted 20 May 2016 15:26:07(UTC)

Hi Chris,

Hope the procedure goes well, you are due a good result. Tried to access your profile several times but keep getting 'Page not found'

Barry
Thanked 1 time
User
Posted 20 May 2016 15:38:03(UTC)

Hi Chris,

Hope everything goes well and things are much better for you.

All the Best,

Steve

Thanked 1 time
User
Posted 20 May 2016 15:58:37(UTC)

Hi Chris..fingers crossed this sorts it at last for you

Bri

Thanked 1 time
User
Posted 20 May 2016 16:16:14(UTC)

Only just seen this... Hope all went well Chris.

KRO... 

Thanked 1 time
User
Posted 20 May 2016 16:44:42(UTC)

Fingers crossed this time is the last x

"Life can only be understood backwards; but it must be lived forwards." Soren Kierkegaard

Thanked 1 time
User
Posted 20 May 2016 21:22:20(UTC)
Chris
thinking of you lovely man, hope this sorts out some of your issues at last. Its been a real tough ride for you and Mrs Chris.
xx
Mo
Thanked 1 time
User
Posted 20 May 2016 21:26:08(UTC)
Hope all went well.

Thank you for all the help and encouragement you give.

Best wishes
Thanked 1 time
User
Posted 21 May 2016 08:22:59(UTC)

Hope all went well, Chris and you start flowing at full rates again soon!

Paul

Stay Calm And Carry On.
Thanked 1 time
User
Posted 21 May 2016 09:12:58(UTC)

Hi Chris what a rough ride you have had, let's hope this sorts things out in the peeing lots front.

Keep posting with your upbeat words and support to others while you are going through the mill yourself, thanks

Chris/Woody

Life seems different upside down, take another viewpoint

Thanked 1 time
User
Posted 21 May 2016 18:29:27(UTC)
Oh CHRIS
You have my sympathy, John was supposed to have the dilation treatment but it's been decided that an SPC will be needed for life so no point in going through more procedures. I think it's bearable if you truly believe it will make a difference, John had a CT scan recently, as you know, and it showed his prostate had infiltrated the bladder to such an extent that there is no point in more surgery.

On the other hand, I've got everything crossed that this latest op will improve the flow.

All the luck in the world
DM
Thanked 1 time
User
Posted 21 May 2016 18:40:14(UTC)
Yet another disaster went into retention, back in hospital, they tried another dilatation without anaesthetic but bailed out, just waiting to see if another SPC is going to be fitted.

Hey ho such is life

Thanks Chris
User
Posted 21 May 2016 23:17:43(UTC)

Chris,

Naturally, we are all optimistic about our treatments and largely expect these will not involve continuing problems other than the usual side effects. You have been very unlucky for one reason or another and it says much for your strength of purpose that with the benefit of hindsight you would go through all this again.

We are all with you in hoping all these further problems with soon end.

Barry
Thanked 1 time
User
Posted 22 May 2016 07:49:40(UTC)
Chris
Oh my I feel so bad for you, so many procedures, ops and now another retention. I really wish that you could just get something that would make your life easier.
You still stay positive and upbeat despite everything which tells me that you are one strong man.
I will be thinking of you

All my best wishes
Xx
Mo
Thanked 1 time
User
Posted 22 May 2016 17:40:37(UTC)

Sorry to hear of your troubles Chris hope things improve for you ..All the best mate Andy

Thanked 1 time

©2017 Prostate Cancer UK