I'm interested in conversations about and I want to talk about
Know exactly what you want?
Show search

Notification

Error

Just got back from the hospital

User
Posted 12 Nov 2015 at 16:48

Just arrived home.  It's bit of a trek, two tubes and a train each way, but when the news is good it doesn't seem so annoying does it!!

Just seen the consultant who originally advised John that he was suitable for Brachytherapy and said he would do it and he is very very pleased with John's PSA results and the answers to the questionnaire they get you to fill out while you are waiting.

I did ask about the "Bounce" and he said to forget it, not to worry about it, it may not happen.

In fact, according to him, not many men do get it !!

Since I like that answer, I'm going with it.

We noticed while we waited that his name on the white board now has Prof. in front of it and we didn't remember that from last time and he was quite modest when he said he gained the title in January and now also has an MBE! (or OBE we couldn't remember)

John jokingly said that maybe by the time we see him again he would be a Sir and he laughed and said you never know.

Wine time I think !!

We can't control the winds - but we can adjust our sails
User
Posted 12 Nov 2015 at 17:57
Sandra

I love it when we get lots of good news for a change. Great news for you as well I am so pleased for you.

Normally I would say wine oclock time and have a glass to celebrate with you but I am being a goody two shoes just now.

I am sitting outside my gym havng just done a 7 hour stint at the hospice, I am working up enthusiasm and the energy to just go and do a little bit.

xxx

Mo

User
Posted 12 Nov 2015 at 17:30

Excellent news, and you appear to be in good hands?  I shall raise a pint to you both this evening.

Cheers.

dave

All we can do - is do all that we can.

So, do all you can to help yourself, then make the best of your time. :-)

I am the statistic.

User
Posted 12 Nov 2015 at 18:05

Congratulations Sandra, great news is always the best news!! As you consultant gets more decorations do you go to the front of the queue because you have known him longer..

It's so sad to keep reading bad news but cheers me up to see the opposite. I have seen my oncologist today and she is very happy with my treatment so far, just regular bloods for now.

I will raise a glass (non alcoholic) to you both

Cheers Chris/Woody

Life seems different upside down, take another viewpoint

User
Posted 12 Nov 2015 at 18:31
Hi Sandra

Great news so pleased for you

I will raise a glass or three to you ( alcoholic )

Si x

Don't deny the diagnosis; try to defy the verdict
User
Posted 12 Nov 2015 at 18:33

Dave , how about a pint in each hand ??

Sandra so so happy for you both . The lady who does my blood tests ( phlebotomist ??? ) -- her hubby had bracchy and is totally fixed . He had only temporary side effects as well . All our best
Chris and Elaine

User
Posted 12 Nov 2015 at 19:12

Great news, Sandra. I will celebrate with a cup of tea !

Fiona. xx

User
Posted 12 Nov 2015 at 19:40

Originally Posted by: Online Community Member

Sandra so so happy for you both . The lady who does my blood tests ( phlebotomist ??? ) -- her hubby had bracchy and is totally fixed . He had only temporary side effects as well . All our best
Chris and Elaine

Cheers to you and El, and the kids, Chris. :-)

Dave

I am the statistic.

User
Posted 12 Nov 2015 at 21:29
So nice to read your post Sandra xxx
User
Posted 12 Nov 2015 at 22:36

very pleased for you Sandra

Barry
User
Posted 12 Nov 2015 at 23:00

What a good day this has been on the forum! Really pleased for you Johsan x

"Life can only be understood backwards; but it must be lived forwards." Soren Kierkegaard

User
Posted 12 Nov 2015 at 23:33

Hi Sandra,

I'm really pleased that you have such wonderful news.  Couldn't happen to a nicer person.  You spent so much time supporting others on this site (including me) that you deserve good things to happen for you and your husband.

I will raise a "virtual" glass of lager (I haven't got any cans in at the moment) to toast your good news.

Enjoy this special time.

Steve xx

User
Posted 13 Nov 2015 at 00:23

Brilliant news Sandra.  keep it going, the 2 of you!

Paul

Stay Calm And Carry On.
User
Posted 13 Nov 2015 at 08:56

Fantastic news Sandra and long may it continue, know where is my Glass.http://community.prostatecanceruk.org/editors/tiny_mce/plugins/emoticons/img/smiley-wink.gif

BFN

Julie X

NEVER LAUGH AT A LIVE DRAGON
User
Posted 13 Nov 2015 at 09:01

Sandra, I'm only just getting to know and understand the various members on this forum, but this seems like fab news!
I'm really pleased you both along with you loved ones!

User
Posted 13 Nov 2015 at 10:56

You have always given me and others encouragement and advice when needed,(long may it continue) so its nice to see you having good news.

Many congratulations to you both.

User
Posted 13 Nov 2015 at 15:40
Wonderful news! I am so pleased to hear this.

Thank you for all the support you give to the forum.

Sending best wishes to you both.

User
Posted 14 Nov 2015 at 07:56

Always good to hear good news :-)
Many congratulations

User
Posted 14 Nov 2015 at 08:20
Great news and so encouraging for many on this forum. Hope you have a chilled stress free weekend, Kev

Dream like you have forever, live like you only have today Avatar is me doing the 600 mile Camino de Santiago May 2019

User
Posted 15 Nov 2015 at 15:10

Hello Sandra and John,

many congratulations on your very good news!

Frank.

Show Most Thanked Posts
User
Posted 12 Nov 2015 at 17:30

Excellent news, and you appear to be in good hands?  I shall raise a pint to you both this evening.

Cheers.

dave

I am the statistic.

User
Posted 12 Nov 2015 at 17:57
Sandra

I love it when we get lots of good news for a change. Great news for you as well I am so pleased for you.

Normally I would say wine oclock time and have a glass to celebrate with you but I am being a goody two shoes just now.

I am sitting outside my gym havng just done a 7 hour stint at the hospice, I am working up enthusiasm and the energy to just go and do a little bit.

xxx

Mo

User
Posted 12 Nov 2015 at 18:05

Congratulations Sandra, great news is always the best news!! As you consultant gets more decorations do you go to the front of the queue because you have known him longer..

It's so sad to keep reading bad news but cheers me up to see the opposite. I have seen my oncologist today and she is very happy with my treatment so far, just regular bloods for now.

I will raise a glass (non alcoholic) to you both

Cheers Chris/Woody

Life seems different upside down, take another viewpoint

User
Posted 12 Nov 2015 at 18:31
Hi Sandra

Great news so pleased for you

I will raise a glass or three to you ( alcoholic )

Si x

Don't deny the diagnosis; try to defy the verdict
User
Posted 12 Nov 2015 at 18:33

Chris and Elaine

User
Posted 12 Nov 2015 at 19:12

Great news, Sandra. I will celebrate with a cup of tea !

Fiona. xx

User
Posted 12 Nov 2015 at 19:40

Originally Posted by: Online Community Member

Chris and Elaine

Cheers to you and El, and the kids, Chris. :-)

Dave

I am the statistic.

User
Posted 12 Nov 2015 at 21:29
So nice to read your post Sandra xxx
User
Posted 12 Nov 2015 at 22:36

very pleased for you Sandra

Barry
User
Posted 12 Nov 2015 at 23:00

What a good day this has been on the forum! Really pleased for you Johsan x

"Life can only be understood backwards; but it must be lived forwards." Soren Kierkegaard

User
Posted 12 Nov 2015 at 23:33

Hi Sandra,

I'm really pleased that you have such wonderful news.  Couldn't happen to a nicer person.  You spent so much time supporting others on this site (including me) that you deserve good things to happen for you and your husband.

I will raise a "virtual" glass of lager (I haven't got any cans in at the moment) to toast your good news.

Enjoy this special time.

Steve xx

User
Posted 13 Nov 2015 at 00:23

Brilliant news Sandra.  keep it going, the 2 of you!

Paul

Stay Calm And Carry On.
User
Posted 13 Nov 2015 at 08:56

Fantastic news Sandra and long may it continue, know where is my Glass.http://community.prostatecanceruk.org/editors/tiny_mce/plugins/emoticons/img/smiley-wink.gif

BFN

Julie X

NEVER LAUGH AT A LIVE DRAGON
User
Posted 13 Nov 2015 at 09:01

Sandra, I'm only just getting to know and understand the various members on this forum, but this seems like fab news!
I'm really pleased you both along with you loved ones!

User
Posted 13 Nov 2015 at 10:56

You have always given me and others encouragement and advice when needed,(long may it continue) so its nice to see you having good news.

Many congratulations to you both.

User
Posted 13 Nov 2015 at 15:40
Wonderful news! I am so pleased to hear this.

Thank you for all the support you give to the forum.

Sending best wishes to you both.

User
Posted 14 Nov 2015 at 07:56

Always good to hear good news :-)
Many congratulations

User
Posted 14 Nov 2015 at 08:20
Great news and so encouraging for many on this forum. Hope you have a chilled stress free weekend, Kev

Dream like you have forever, live like you only have today Avatar is me doing the 600 mile Camino de Santiago May 2019

User
Posted 15 Nov 2015 at 15:10

Hello Sandra and John,

many congratulations on your very good news!

Frank.