Know exactly what you want?
Show search

Notification

Error

memories are made from these

User
Posted 06 Dec 2015 at 06:37

morning all was wondering how we are all creating a few memories

last night chris (the wife) and I went to watch our local panto it is staged by 4-21 year olds its the first time we have been, storyline was Jack and the Beanstalk

it did me good to hear the wife laugh, boo, clap, cheer and singalong

the panto was fantastic to watch, we didnt have any relatives in it just went to have a good night out, and we where not disappointed

regards

nidge

run long and prosper

'pooh how do you spell love'

'piglet you dont spell love -you just feel it'

User
Posted 06 Dec 2015 at 12:08

I love a panto.
I used to take the grandchildren and they still have lovely memories of those times. No other adult would come so just me and the kids.

I did it every year for about 8 years but the older 3 (all boys) decided they were too old and the youngest (my grandaughter) wouldn't come if it was just the two of us.

The only time we had a break from the local theatre was when I took the boys to Robin Hood on Ice at the local Ice Skating Rink. I made them all Green Robin Hood hats with a feather in and they thought they looked fantastic.
I was approached by quite few people saying they looked for them but couldn't find them so where at the Rink had I got them.
]
Apart from the compliments, it was the worst one I have ever taken them to.
Cold, and boring as the speaking couldn't be heard. A very amateurish show all round. Still they do remember going - but only because of the hats!

I keep telling John I'm going to go by myself and one of these days I will. Despite the cost (which is very high) it is always popular and tickets aren't easy to come by unless you book months ahead.

Well worth a good laugh I always think. I just love the way the children (and as you have also proved - the adults) really get into it with the "Look behind you" business.

We can't control the winds - but we can adjust our sails
User
Posted 06 Dec 2015 at 15:47

Rubbiiiiiishhh. :-))

User
Posted 06 Dec 2015 at 17:30

Like Christmas, it's the kids that make it such fun (even if the production is not great).

Barry