I'm interested in conversations about and I want to talk about
Know exactly what you want?
Show search

Notification

Error

Are we coming to the end?

User
Posted 24 Mar 2016 at 07:00

Oh Rosy , deepest deepest condolences to you and your family. You must feel you have been hit by a steam-roller. Sending love and strength.
Chris xx

User
Posted 24 Mar 2016 at 07:17

Dear Rosy,

I am so sorry to hear of your loss!

Please accept my sincerest condolences and best wishes to you and your loved ones!

Pablo xx

User
Posted 24 Mar 2016 at 07:54
I am so sorry Rosy. I have been following your story. My thoughts are with you and your family at this terribly sad time and will be thinking off you.

Anna
Xxxxxxx
User
Posted 24 Mar 2016 at 08:04
Hi Rosy,
I'm so sorry to hear your news. My condolences to you and your family.
AL
User
Posted 24 Mar 2016 at 08:50

Ah Rosy, what a fighter he was and so are you.

I feel for you and your family and I am very sad for you all but now he is at rest.

No more pain and distress.

What else can I say but that I am thinking of you

We can't control the winds - but we can adjust our sails
User
Posted 24 Mar 2016 at 09:23

Rosy

Words are so inadequate sometimes. We are so sorry for your loss and are thinking of you and your family.

David (ColU_FC) and Linda

User
Posted 24 Mar 2016 at 09:50

Rosy. I too have followed your story . The ending is so sad. Sorry for your loss.
Georgina

User
Posted 24 Mar 2016 at 10:29

Rosy, I post very little but do follow some of the conversations, including your own. I am so sorry to hear of your loss. I can only admire how brave you have been but know that you wouldnt see it as bravery, more just love for your husband. I know the next days, weeks, months and years wont be easy but hope that they are kind to you. Thinking of you and sending virtual hugs. God bless.

Max
"You can only play the hand you're dealt"
User
Posted 24 Mar 2016 at 11:04
Rosy

I am so very sorry for your loss, my heartfelt condolences to you and your family.

Very few words can be said that can make your pain go away right now, but try to rest as much as you can and know that David is now at peace.

My thoughts are with you now every bit as much as before.

Big virtual hugs

XXXX
Mo

User
Posted 24 Mar 2016 at 11:15

as such a recent addition here, I'm not sure it's OK to say but I was so very sorry to read this. I am thinking of you at this very difficult time xxx

User
Posted 24 Mar 2016 at 11:32

Oh Rosy, so sad but also some relief that he did not have a long drawn out time of suffering. In the days and weeks and months to come, you will dig in and draw strength and comfort from knowing that you absolutely did your best x

"Life can only be understood backwards; but it must be lived forwards." Soren Kierkegaard
User
Posted 24 Mar 2016 at 12:08
Rosy

I've followed your story from the beginning, this must be heart breaking for you. You've expended so much time and energy into this horrible situation.

Take care of yourself

Arthur

User
Posted 24 Mar 2016 at 12:45

Dear Rosy,
I have followed your postings, and though we have never met, I am sending you my love and thoughts. May you have the strength you need, the support and care, to carry you through these difficult times. I admire your wit, humour and ability to deal with the bows and arrows of life. May your dear loved on rest in peace.

Leila xxx

Edited by member 24 Mar 2016 at 13:09  | Reason: Not specified

User
Posted 24 Mar 2016 at 12:53

Adding my condolences. You have done a wonderful job, supporting your husband through this. My partner, too, never spoke much until the last few weeks when things went downhill dramatically. It brings the tears back, hearing of another good man gone and how it is for the wife or partner, just so hard. Remember you have lots of virtual friends here who will continue to offer support over the coming days, weeks and months, Regards,

Fiona. xx

User
Posted 24 Mar 2016 at 14:13

hey up duck
sorry to read the news if I could would hug you

regards
nidge

run long and prosper
'pooh how do you spell love'
'piglet you dont spell love -you just feel it'
User
Posted 24 Mar 2016 at 14:47
My dear Rosy
My most sincere condolences on the sad loss of David. I can only echo the words of others that at least David's suffering was relatively short, though yours will continue I do agree that no one could have done more than you did to help him. Please take care of yourself Rosy, the days ahead with be very hard.

With my love
Devonmaid xxxx
User
Posted 24 Mar 2016 at 15:09
Oh Rosy,
My sincere condolences my heart goes out to you and your family, no matter how much time we have to prepare ourselves it is always a shock.
Keep the blanket for awhile.
BFN
JulieX
NEVER LAUGH AT A LIVE DRAGON
User
Posted 24 Mar 2016 at 16:05

Dear Rosy,

We are so sorry for your tragic loss.

Lynn and I had seen all your postings and were hoping against hope that David would pull through.

Today, words are not enough to convey our sorrow and our hearts and thoughts are with you.

Please God you'll find the strength to help you through this awful time and the weeks ahead.

Sending a big warm hug from Tyneside,

George and Lynn

User
Posted 24 Mar 2016 at 18:46
Rosy

I am so sorry to hear about your sad loss.

My heart goes out to you. Please accept my sincerest condolences at this sad time.
User
Posted 24 Mar 2016 at 19:46

Rosy,

I'm so, so sorry to read your sad news.  Life can be very unfair sometimes.

Steve xx

User
Posted 24 Mar 2016 at 19:55
You

Rosy, my condolences to you and your family very distressing for you and David is at peace now.

Stay strong

Chris/Woody

Life seems different upside down, take another viewpoint

Edited by member 24 Mar 2016 at 20:17  | Reason: Not specified

User
Posted 24 Mar 2016 at 20:41
Hi rosy
I'm so sorry to read your last post. Please accept my sincere condolences.
Take care
Lesley xx
User
Posted 25 Mar 2016 at 00:34

My condolences. David's struggle is over but for you grieving and adjustment. Our thoughts are with you.

Barry
User
Posted 25 Mar 2016 at 05:46

Dear Rosy, this is my first post but I have been following your posts over the past few weeks you have brought a tear to my eye and a smile to my lips on occasions. May I offer my sincere condolences, my thoughts are with you and your family at this very sad time.

With love

Mollylou xxx

User
Posted 25 Mar 2016 at 07:11
Rosy i have been following your link. Im so sorry to hear about your husband. Just wanted to let you know thinking of you and your daughter at this very sad time. Jayne x
User
Posted 25 Mar 2016 at 13:45

So sorry to hear your news thinking of you and your family xx

User
Posted 25 Mar 2016 at 14:49

So sorry to hear this sad news. Condolences to you and your family.

Bri x

User
Posted 25 Mar 2016 at 18:27
Rosy
I have followed your story since I joined the Community and would like to say how very sorry I am to read this news. My sincere condolences to you and your family.

Kevan
User
Posted 25 Mar 2016 at 19:56
I too am so sorry to hear of your loss.

My condolences to you and your family.

John
User
Posted 25 Mar 2016 at 19:58

Dear Rosy
I am so sorry for your loss, I too have followed your story and was so sad to read of your husband passing away. I hope your strength will get you through the next months.

Paul

User
Posted 25 Mar 2016 at 20:53

Here we are having lost another brother we have smiled laughed and cried along each journey
We have hoped against hope held each others hand and given support above and beyond
Tears in my eyes whilst I try to find the words to help but knowing that any words can not take away the pain
Our hearts they ache for all that leave us and are strong for the new ones that join us
Regards
Nidge

run long and prosper
'pooh how do you spell love'
'piglet you dont spell love -you just feel it'
User
Posted 25 Mar 2016 at 21:46
I am so sorry to read of your loss. I pray that you and family are given strength at this difficult time.

Dream like you have forever, live like you only have today Avatar is me doing the 600 mile Camino de Santiago May 2019

User
Posted 26 Mar 2016 at 09:34

Thinking of you and your family and sending some hugs your way x

User
Posted 27 Mar 2016 at 03:51

I have been overwhelmed by the messages I have received from you all, longer term members and new members alike. Thank you! I did smile at the 'hey up duck' from Nidge!

We are now awaiting the end of a long Bank Holiday weekend before we can move forward with arrangements but have filled the time with poring through photo albums and David's very extensive I-tunes lists. Lots of visitors, flowers (no vases left now), tears and laughter.

So far David's niece has introduced us to her best friend who is an independent celebrant and sounds perfect for David who was not a churchgoer. And we have pinpointed Rick Wakeman's Bowie tribute of Life on Mars which we both really liked when we heard it on the radio on the way back from hospital one day. Little steps...

Must find a shop that's open tomorrow for more tissues

Rosy

User
Posted 27 Mar 2016 at 20:02
Oh Rosy!

I have not checked here for a while, and came straight to see how David was, to be met with this news. You must be so very devastated but so very relieved too.

I shall be thinking of you, and hoping your family and friends are providing you with the strength you need to get through.

I almost feel like I know you.
Sending lots of love
Louise x
User
Posted 27 Mar 2016 at 23:34

Rosy I've been following your posts and I am so sorry. My Dad passed of this disease 25 days ago, the sadness is all consuming. We are taking just one day at a time - it's all we can do. I hope you find the strength you need.
With love
Sue
X

User
Posted 28 Mar 2016 at 12:18

My condolences to you too Sue. What an awful disease this is.

As you say it is just one day at a time...

Much love

Rosy x

User
Posted 28 Mar 2016 at 20:34

Dear Rosy,

We were very sorry to hear that David has passed away. May he rest in peace, and may you too, in time, find some peace and comfort.

With all our love xx

'Sorrow looks back, worry looks around, but faith looks up'
User
Posted 28 Mar 2016 at 22:39

I read somewhere that your brain knows how much pain you can take when grieving and that when we feel numb that's our brain wrapping emotions in 'bubble wrap' until we can deal with how we feel. Don't know if it helps, but it sort of gave me some comfort and that's why we are just taking a day at a time for now.
Love Sue X

User
Posted 09 Apr 2016 at 01:16

A handy hint for anyone who loses a loved one. If they are the policy holder on the car insurance and you are a named driver, you are not covered if they die! I've been given so many information packs for the bereaved - even the bank is telling me how to deal with my feelings - but no-one told me I was driving uninsured for nearly 2 weeks!

It is now sorted but thank goodness I didn't have an accident in the meantime. Otherwise I feel like I am in limbo at the moment. Not feeling like I thought I would - I guess I'm still in disbelief. All the time David's rucksack is sitting on the chair in the kitchen, I can believe that he is still here. No-one is allowed to move it! The funeral is not until the 18th. I was very touched by my daughter insisting on being a pall bearer. All the arrangements are pretty much in place so we are considering a couple of days away by the sea next week to recharge the batteries and be ready for the 18th. 

My main feeling at the moment is just that I am so so tired.

Rosy

User
Posted 09 Apr 2016 at 02:41

Sending hugs your way x

User
Posted 09 Apr 2016 at 07:21
Rosy,

Just to let you know that I have been thinking of you and your family at this time. I hope that you can feel refreshed and less tired after your break away before the 18th.
Thanks also for the info re insurance.

Wishing you well,

John
User
Posted 09 Apr 2016 at 07:49

Hi Rosy, that information was probably one of the most important - and to be honest I wouldn't have thought about it - its the practical things that really do matter as well.  How touching that your daughter is doing that at the funeral.  Lovely idea to pop down to the coast for a bit of a break, goodness knows you deserve that.  Will be thinking of you on the 18th and I am sure that everything will go off really well.  In the meantime, take care xx

User
Posted 09 Apr 2016 at 08:13

Rosy,

If there is anything that I can do to help you with the practicalities of sorting out David's estate you only need to ask. I'm a pretty logical person and it might be that there are things that are stumping you that I could help you resolve via a phone call or two. For instance, I've been looking into all the practicalities of obtaining probate recently. I'm not an expert but I understand a hell of a lot more now than I did a few weeks ago.

If you think I can help I will PM you my telephone number.

David

Edited by member 09 Apr 2016 at 08:17  | Reason: Not specified

User
Posted 09 Apr 2016 at 09:05
Rosy

A lovely idea of your daughter to be a pall bearer. Do all the things you want to do too say goodbye in your own way. Don't think you need to stay strong for others and keep emotions under control,just let them go,it might sound strange but make sure you grieve for David.

Your story has touched the hearts of so many of us on here.

Look after yourself.

Thanks Chris
User
Posted 09 Apr 2016 at 10:18

People are so kind and caring here, my thoughts and and virtual hugs to you and your family.leila x

User
Posted 09 Apr 2016 at 12:06
Big hugs to you from me too Rosy, a short break to prepare for the road ahead sounds like a good idea to me. I have been thinking of you and know you will get through this as your strength through this has been amazing. You must feel battered and bruised, no wonder you are tired.

Love
Allison (real name just for you) xxx
User
Posted 09 Apr 2016 at 18:29
Hi rosy
So much to think about and do during a high time of emotion. Am sure it's only natural to make an odd mistake along the way. No harm done!
Make the most of your short break. Hope all goes well on the 18th.
Lesley xx
User
Posted 10 Apr 2016 at 22:27
Thinking of you Rosy x
User
Posted 16 Apr 2016 at 19:48
Blank post added to get rid of page not found.

Thanks Chris

Edited by member 16 Apr 2016 at 19:51  | Reason: Not specified