Know exactly what you want?
Show search

Notification

Error

Mailbox issues

User
Posted 31 Dec 2015 at 09:02

Hi

I'm having a lot of issues with my mail boxes and wondering if anyone else is ??

Firstly , really annoying , I can write a long message to someone and then when I send it , it says their mailbox is full and they wont get it until the mailbox is cleared !!! BUT the message totally disappears into cyberspace never to be seen again . Do they get the message as it doesn't stay in my sent box ? Secondly I keep getting emails saying there is a PM for me , but when I look none appear .

Also was anyone else forced into a password change yesterday by PCUK ?? Have I been hacked :--((

Sorry to anyone if I have not read a message or replied

Chris

Edited by member 31 Dec 2015 at 09:11  | Reason: Not specified

User
Posted 31 Dec 2015 at 09:17

No password change for me Chris but then I stay logged in.

will try sending you a message and see what happens

Sent a message Chris. It didn't say your box was full

Edited by member 31 Dec 2015 at 09:18  | Reason: Not specified

We can't control the winds - but we can adjust our sails
User
Posted 31 Dec 2015 at 09:24

I stay logged on too but was forced yesterday into changing password.
Yes thanks I just got your message . But I got 2 emails last night saying people had sent messages but have not yet appeared . Maybe a gremlin in the house -- probably the Chewbacca build-a - bear we bought yesterday. I thought I heard him roaring in the middle of the night . I sent Lyn a very large message , it told me her inbox was full , and has now disappeared forever unfortunately grrr
Thanks Sandra all the best xx
Chris

User
Posted 31 Dec 2015 at 09:48

You're welcome Chris.

If I am writing to somebody, either here on by email and it's a long one, I always right click and copy it until I know it's gone. If it hasn't then I still have my left click and paste option left open to me.

Believe me, I have been many times where you are now and it is so frustrating.

Happy New Year to all of you.

All the best

Sandra

We can't control the winds - but we can adjust our sails
User
Posted 31 Dec 2015 at 12:05
Hi Chris i too have had a few issues accessing online community, couldn't get on at all last eve and early this morning. Sent private email and I also received full message. Gremlins at work. Jayne
User
Posted 31 Dec 2015 at 14:00

I don't like the private message facility anyway - my view is that it is dangerous to give advice or make comments without the rest of the membership having the opportunity to correct / amend or add other thoughts. Plus I hate that you can't keep track of the conversation - not having sight of the message you are responding to is irritating. I wouldn't object if PCUK did away with it completely.

On a happier note, I haven't had any signing in problems at all :-)

"Life can only be understood backwards; but it must be lived forwards." Soren Kierkegaard

User
Posted 31 Dec 2015 at 14:55

I know you don't like it Lyn . You never have !! I get it completely , but at the same time some people can seek support that they don't want to air publicly or bore everyone with . At the end of the day I suppose you don't have to reply or give advice.
Anyway , you've been a rock along with some others. Thank you x
Chris

User
Posted 31 Dec 2015 at 15:01

I have sent you a pm with my proper e-mail address

"Life can only be understood backwards; but it must be lived forwards." Soren Kierkegaard