You must get up you cannot sleep
This quiet is loud you hear its heartbeat

run long and prosper

'pooh how do you spell love'

'piglet you dont spell love -you just feel it'

User
Posted 05 Jan 2016 at 17:56

Hi Nidge
I can certainly relate to your post and if you ever find the secret to sleeping let me know.

I'm awakened hourly by sweats, toilet needs or dog snoring, I've tried going to bed late, going to bed early, having a snooze in the day, changing diets to try to minimise the hot sweats but I still don't sleep.
But one thing I don't do any more is worry

All the best

Paul

Edited by member 05 Jan 2016 at 20:50  | Reason: Not specified

User
Posted 06 Jan 2016 at 20:28

That's interesting - J has always been a very hot body but over the last couple of years he also has complained sometimes of being very cold on his torso

"Life can only be understood backwards; but it must be lived forwards." Soren Kierkegaard

Show Most Thanked Posts
User
Posted 05 Jan 2016 at 17:56

Hi Nidge
I can certainly relate to your post and if you ever find the secret to sleeping let me know.

I'm awakened hourly by sweats, toilet needs or dog snoring, I've tried going to bed late, going to bed early, having a snooze in the day, changing diets to try to minimise the hot sweats but I still don't sleep.
But one thing I don't do any more is worry

All the best

Paul

Edited by member 05 Jan 2016 at 20:50  | Reason: Not specified

User
Posted 05 Jan 2016 at 18:50

Sleep. I pray for sleep. And I'm on prescription sleeping tablets. Anaesthesia should be available on prescription. Ear plugs bring me up in rashes. I hear every sound. Nightmares. HT now giving me sweats all day. Must check the time again. 2.15am !! Lack of sleep is a known killer used as torture. Mental and physical. Just cannot turn off my mind and get up each day as tired as when I went to bed. I'm not sure I'd call it living tbh. But hey ho on we go
Chris

User
Posted 05 Jan 2016 at 20:38

Hi Nidge,

Thank you for posting this, it must ring true with so many people.

I normally don't really have a problem sleeping but recently it's been awful.  I got hit badly by a bad cold on Christmas Eve which still hasn't gone away.  I'm feeling very down.  I feel under huge stress, knowing that there isn't much work around for the next couple of months which means bills could be unpaid.  So I'm very much aware of the quiet of the night at the moment. 

Steve

User
Posted 05 Jan 2016 at 21:20
I had a hysterectomy six years ago age 40. It changed my life. I swapped one set of symptoms for another. I stopped sleeping the day I left hospital.

I find nytol helps. It's not the going to sleep so much as the staying asleep. If you haven't tried nytol, do try it

User
Posted 05 Jan 2016 at 21:38
Hi Nidge,

Thank you for a lovely poem I think for many of us with all different diagnosis this rings a bell. chris I just wanted you to know that even with your BI polar it is not so different for many of us , myself to be honest in the last 2 plus years I probably have not had a care free sleep. I mean the kind of sleep when you wake up refreshed and happy . Sleep is so essential to our well being if only the NHS could bottle a solution then I would be first in the que.

BFN

Julie X

NEVER LAUGH AT A LIVE DRAGON
User
Posted 06 Jan 2016 at 07:02

I'm with Louise and my op was over 15 years ago.

I do most of my thinking at night and with 5 cancers in the family over the last 6 years I had a lot to think about.

I've been awake since 4 this morning and finally gave up and came downstairs at 6am. J

John used to fret about it and follow me down, now he just says "Can't sleep ?" and turns over and drifts off !!

We can't control the winds - but we can adjust our sails
User
Posted 06 Jan 2016 at 18:02
Well you can count me in on this too. I crave a good sleep pattern. Often find myself prowling around downstairs in the early morning.

Mostly due to the increase in night sweats.

Incidentally has anyone else found apart from flushes that they can also be incredibly COLD too?

I find it on my thighs and back. Just extreme cold - heard it was possible after RT from a PC friend.

It doesn't happen often but it's annoying.

User
Posted 06 Jan 2016 at 20:28

That's interesting - J has always been a very hot body but over the last couple of years he also has complained sometimes of being very cold on his torso

"Life can only be understood backwards; but it must be lived forwards." Soren Kierkegaard

User
Posted 06 Jan 2016 at 21:37
Lyn, again . This is why it's good being on here. One minute so hot and then finding I need extra layers.

Not all the time. Onco said not unusual.

User
Posted 07 Jan 2016 at 06:19

hi surr
yep sometimes I can go from a hot flush to then need to put a jumper on as feel chilly, am on HT and chemo

regards
nidge

run long and prosper

'pooh how do you spell love'

'piglet you dont spell love -you just feel it'