I'm interested in conversations about and I want to talk about
Know exactly what you want?
Show search

Notification

Error

First hurdle over

User
Posted 06 Jan 2016 at 11:41
Hello all, apologies for not posting update sooner can't believe how quick the past week has gone. One week post op and all seems to be going ok, been out for a couple of short walks and not as exhausted. Next hurdle is tomorrow when hopefully catheter will be removed have the tena supplies at the ready. As you all said it has changed us but we are getting there and have had a few giggles with the trials of the catheter and topics of discussion e.g. bowel movement who says romance is dead. Ben back at sixth form today so looking to sort out present list for his 18th. Saw my Dr yesterday still on meds but said it's ok for there to be bad and good days and I'm not to be too hard myself for feeling how I do and trying to do much. Anyway off to make a cuppa thanks again for being there. Will let you know how tomorrow goes.
User
Posted 06 Jan 2016 at 12:51

Glad you feel more positive Jayne.

Hope catheter removal goes well (for both of you !)

Life is different now, but it is life.

Enjoy spending your money on your son's 18th. A very proud moment eh

We can't control the winds - but we can adjust our sails
User
Posted 06 Jan 2016 at 13:11

Hi Jayne
Best wishes to both of you. You can be there for each other. Things get much easier slowly. Hope he,s dry when catheter comes out. My fingers are crossed
Chris

User
Posted 06 Jan 2016 at 13:14
Well done to you both. Being able to laugh has helped us and I am so pleased that things are going well.
Take things a step at a time and don't overdo it once the catheter is removed. Carry on drinking plenty of water to keep the system flushed through and hppefully things will work out fine

Good luck for tomorrow.
Kevan
User
Posted 06 Jan 2016 at 15:10
Hi Jayne
good luck at the catheter removal tomorrow, I am sure you will be nearby waiting nervously. They tend to come out quite a bit easier than they go in. A really skilled nurse can remove one without a patient feeling much other than a slight tugging sensation. I hope you get one such Nurse.
Remember to take the tighty whities with you to help keep the pad secure.

xxx
Mo
User
Posted 06 Jan 2016 at 20:13
Thank you Johsan, your right 18 can't believe where the years have gone.
User
Posted 06 Jan 2016 at 20:15
Keeping everything crossed thanks Chris will let you know. Jayne
User
Posted 06 Jan 2016 at 20:17
Thanks kevan will let you know how we get on.
User
Posted 06 Jan 2016 at 20:20
Thanks mo, yes very nervous but hopefully another hurdle over with. Jayne