I'm interested in conversations about and I want to talk about
Know exactly what you want?
Show search

Notification

Error

Charity Ride - Charity,Events

User
Posted 26 Jan 2016 at 00:01

In 2014 I did a solo ride on my motorbike in aid of Prostate Cancer UK from John O'Groats > Land's End. 

The details can be found on my website www.pccharityride2014.co.uk and I am repeating the same journey again this year. The date has not yet been fixed, but probably in July/August. I am still at the first stage of prepping my bike for the season.

Anyone (biker or not) is welcomed to join me by keeping track of my movements either via my website or my Facebook Page.

pccharityride2014@gmail.com

I've lost many friends to Prostate Cancer and as long as I have the energy to do so, I shall continue to do whatever I can to raise awareness of this condition.

Thank you for reading this and hopefully exchange ideas.

I also would like to thank those who have so far contributed to this cause and long may it continue.

User
Posted 26 Jan 2016 at 00:52

Interesting - I take it the 2015 ride never happened? We know Squires well and I thought perhaps we might join you on the first leg of your trip but then I saw the photos of your bike :-( As we own a Harley-D, I am guessing we are not cool enough :-)

I will keep an eye out for you on a Sunday morning.

"Life can only be understood backwards; but it must be lived forwards." Soren Kierkegaard

User
Posted 26 Jan 2016 at 07:39

I couldn't hold onto the Ducati anymore. Then there was the big old 1200 Buell Lightening. But never really used it so it had to go. But boy oh boy could I do with a bike holiday. Done a few in France. Feeling envious

User
Posted 26 Jan 2016 at 09:26
Hi

Yes the 2015 did not happen due to lack of a sponsor and sufficient funds being available but I'm determined to do it this year. I have no issues with HDs.

Harley's are great. Love them.

Let's keep in touch and what bike is used is not the factor as to whether one joins in.

I certainly would appreciate the company.

Cheers

Roger

User
Posted 27 Jan 2016 at 17:49

Hi Roger

Apologies for the delay in responding but I shall try to keep up with the information on your website and subject to possible ongoing treatment I shall do my utmost to join you for part of your ride. I am afraid that the 350 Bullet is not renowned for an impressive turn of speed but it would be fun to give you to some support.

I have an appointment with the Onco on Monday 1st Feb to get the results of my 3rd post op PSA and there is a possibility that he might offer a place on the FALCON PET/CT trial in order to see if this will give them an idea of where the post op cells are hiding. Once they have an idea about this we will then decide where we go from there.

All the very best with your planning and I really hope to meet up later in the year.

Kind regards,

Kevan