I'm interested in conversations about and I want to talk about
Know exactly what you want?
Show search

Notification

Error

very happy

User
Posted 13 Feb 2016 at 18:33
My partner Adam had his radical Prostectomy on 6th Jan there was a delay in his catheter coming out which didn't happen until Tuesday last week. While he had his catheter he had a few stirrings and was happy, anyway on Thursday last week we made love properly, he didn't orgasm but as you can imagine he was very happy now wants to buy his surgeon a bottle!! He was lucky in that his prostate wasn't very big and he could have nerve sparring, and I know for some this isn't an option but for those in the same situation there is hope, now to get dry again and look to the future.
User
Posted 14 Feb 2016 at 08:52
What lovely news to start the day. So very pleased for you both and hopefully the water works will gradually improve too.

Kind regards,

Kevan
User
Posted 14 Feb 2016 at 18:15

Delighted for you both, some good news to encourage others !

Fiona.

User
Posted 14 Feb 2016 at 20:18
Hi andrea great news, we are a week ahead of you, keeping fingers crossed the good news continues Jayne x
User
Posted 14 Feb 2016 at 21:29
Andrea, I am really delighted for you and Adam. I know how worried you both were that surgery might come with serious issues. The fact that both nerve bundles were spared when the prostate was removed and there were completely clear margins is fantastic. The removed prostate once examined in the path lab showed the cancer was contained and relatively low grade means Adam has the best possible chance of a cure and full recovery in all aspects.
Best valentine's day present for you to each other by the sound of it.
My best wishes
Xx
Mo
Show Most Thanked Posts
User
Posted 14 Feb 2016 at 08:25
That's OK news.Have you been back for histology results yet?☺
User
Posted 14 Feb 2016 at 08:52
What lovely news to start the day. So very pleased for you both and hopefully the water works will gradually improve too.

Kind regards,

Kevan
User
Posted 14 Feb 2016 at 08:54
Yes Gleeson score stayed the same and he had clear margins so no further treatment so far, first PSA is in a couple of weeks, fingers crossed for that.
User
Posted 14 Feb 2016 at 09:01

Brilliant news. So glad for both of you Andrea

We can't control the winds - but we can adjust our sails
User
Posted 14 Feb 2016 at 09:08

Wow , you have been lucky lucky lucky as I'm sure you know from reading this forum. Excellent news. Hope everything else falls into place
Chris

User
Posted 14 Feb 2016 at 09:32

Congratulations Andrea, great news long may it continue and hope the continence issues improve. One step at a time.

Best wishes to you and hubby.

Regards Chris/Woody

Life seems different upside down, take another viewpoint

User
Posted 14 Feb 2016 at 12:07

as they say andrea keep up the good work

regards
nidge

run long and prosper
'pooh how do you spell love'
'piglet you dont spell love -you just feel it'
User
Posted 14 Feb 2016 at 18:15

Delighted for you both, some good news to encourage others !

Fiona.

User
Posted 14 Feb 2016 at 18:22

Looks promising - great news.

Barry
User
Posted 14 Feb 2016 at 20:18
Hi andrea great news, we are a week ahead of you, keeping fingers crossed the good news continues Jayne x
User
Posted 14 Feb 2016 at 21:29
Andrea, I am really delighted for you and Adam. I know how worried you both were that surgery might come with serious issues. The fact that both nerve bundles were spared when the prostate was removed and there were completely clear margins is fantastic. The removed prostate once examined in the path lab showed the cancer was contained and relatively low grade means Adam has the best possible chance of a cure and full recovery in all aspects.
Best valentine's day present for you to each other by the sound of it.
My best wishes
Xx
Mo