Know exactly what you want?
Show search

Notification

Error

Sepsis and UTI link

User
Posted 16 Feb 2016 at 07:22

This may help someone?

As a result of enduring 2 UTIs within the last 4 weeks I have been reading up on how and why they occur.

In the i newspaper on Monday 15th February there is an article on Sepsis, quote "a life threatening condition that arises when the body responds abnormally to infection".

Infection being the key term here, and for anyone who has, or has had a UTI.  The article states that David Carson presented with "flu like" symptoms, if you Google him you will get the whole story?

Worth reading up on.

dave

All we can do - is do all that we can.

So, do all you can to help yourself, then make the best of your time. :-)

I am the statistic.

User
Posted 17 Feb 2016 at 08:50
Dave

it was national sepsis awareness week recently with some TV coverage as well as things in the national press.

Thank goodness it is relatively rare but when it happens it happens very , very fast often resulting in death or severe disability which can be completely avoided if fast action is taken.

So the general message was about adults being aware of the symptoms and when it can happen. Not specifically for themselves but for those with young children or people with a compromised immune system involved in their lives. There was also a lot about improving awareness with GPs, A&E or MIUs at hospitals and on the 111/999 services.

I would also urge people to read up on the basics of this. Add it to the growing number of urgent medical conditions that we can help to reduce the impact of, IF we are aware of them and know what to do.

Thanks for posting this

my best wishes

xx

Mo

User
Posted 17 Feb 2016 at 17:25

My hysterectomy was performed by a "student" although the consultant was there.Nobody noticed that he had burst blood vessels in my pelvis resulting in two collections of blood which then went bad and started to poison me.

What should have been a very short stay as there were no wounds (in theory) left me in hospital for 16 nights in total, on an intravenous antibiotic drip and oral antibiotics at the same time and an emergency re-admission when they decided I was fit enough for home.

I have never felt to ill in all my life and wouldn't wish it on my worst enemy.

I was feverish and ill almost from the time I was first returned to the ward, but it took them 3 days before they scanned me and found the collections by which time I was thoroughly poisoned. That was 15 years ago and I still suffer the consequences.

Don't hesitate if you have the slightest suspicion that something isn't right. You know your own body best, don't be fobbed off with the lets wait and see attitude

Edited by member 17 Feb 2016 at 17:27  | Reason: Not specified

We can't control the winds - but we can adjust our sails