Show search

Notification

Error

Mariar & Dobsey

User
Posted 23 Feb 2016 at 23:05

Hi Guys,

Call me old fashioned if you like.

First we had 'Mariar' coming on this site, winding up everyone with nonesense, I got my last Private Message from him today:

"Saw your new thread - No comments really. I really do not need this website.  For me it is full of weak people who cannot deal with their misfortunes alone.  They remind me of religious people who need something to lean on.  I am stronger than that and I do not need anyone.  I have finally got the powers that be on this website to remove every single post that I have ever made here under my old name.  Reading the stuff that is posted on this website just serves to piss me off. But that's just me I guess.  I will live the rest of my life without the questionable crutch of this website.  Thank you and goodbye."

Obviously a guy, who doesn't appreciate or want to be part of our on-line community.

Then today, just as 'Mariar' disappears into the dust, we get this new guy 'Dobsey' widing up the ladies, couldn't possibly be the same man could it?

:)

Dave

User
Posted 25 Feb 2016 at 20:04
I'm fortunate in that I didn't see his nasty comments, I can't imagine that I could have said anything to upset anyone, that's not my style. Surely a quick look around would show anyone that ladies are very much contributors to this site. Anyway, I'm glad he is gone and the other one, I rarely post now because I seem to have run out of energy but I do try to say a few kind and positive words to people with similar situations. I won't stop because of this silly man. My OH would never post so no one would know that someone with G10 can be alive after five years, I think that's good information. It's certainly what I hoped to see five years ago, but didn't.

Anyway, let's forget these trouble makers and weirdos and get on with supporting and enlightening each other.

Devonmaid.
User
Posted 25 Feb 2016 at 16:50

Dobsey's profile is still available via their last deleted post, some details below from their statistics page*:

Left: 23 February
Visited: 0400m on 24 February 2016*
Number of posts: 9

In case anyone was wondering if they were genuine or not and feeling bad about them or the way they were treated? Still undecided, may be a genuine case with an irrational hatred of others, particularly women? May be not?

If anyone does not post for a bit for whatever reason, or you want to see if someone is about or has been about, you can see when they were last on the site by going to that persons profile page, then to their statistics page, then to their last visit.

I wonder where the next one will come from?

*I monitor some activity of interest here, and noted that they were on the site at about 0400 the day after they "left". So I have added that fact to their timeline.

It's good to keep helping and supporting those genuinely in need, but, be aware that there are those who will take advantage or abuse the good will of the kind hearted and well meaning.

dave

All we can do - is do all that we can.

So, do all you can to help yourself, then make the best of your time. :-)

I am the statistic.

User
Posted 25 Feb 2016 at 20:58
So well put devonmaid 😊 we can support each other and offer advice as generally we attend consultations and are as much involved in treatments, side effects, etc. Jx
User
Posted 25 Feb 2016 at 23:15
I actually think Mariar is a woman , dobsey I have no idea as I didn't see the posts. Sometimes there are people out there crying out for help although doing it through some very strange ways. They obviously want attention or they wouldn't be posting .
Like your style CB I always check out times and profiles plus every post they have commented on. 😉 ( not just a dippy blonde) .
We are always going to get weird and wacky people every know and again, that's just life. At the end of the day the forum is open to all, thank goodness for that but come on guys we are on it like a bee round a honey pot so pretty darn quick . We are all like or hate it FAMILY connected by PCA , genuine people are welcomed with opened arms.
I will always remember the A Hole that harassed TG in his last few months, I was just so upset by that but to be honest he was more than capable to handle it (TG I see you looking down on me) 😎
Sometimes it is like Alice through the looking glass they need us much more than we need them.
BFN
Julie X
NEVER LAUGH AT A LIVE DRAGON
User
Posted 24 Feb 2016 at 20:05

Hi Dave,

Thanks for dealing with this.

I have been really bothered by some of the posts by these two in recent days.  It's something I've not come across before and I was concerned about the effect it might have on those who already have more than enough to cope with. 

Steve

User
Posted 26 Feb 2016 at 09:28

Originally Posted by: Online Community Member
I'm fortunate in that I didn't see his nasty comments, I can't imagine that I could have said anything to upset anyone, that's not my style. 

Your post at the time was,  as always, supportive and welcoming. There was nothing offensive about it.

The problem was you are a WOMAN.  That was what he homed in on, just the name Devonmaid. That was what horrified him and why I think his post was genuine (if misguided)

He needed help, just not yours because you wouldn't understand. Presumably in his mind you couldn't because you haven't and can't ever experience what he's going through.

I don't suppose he got as far as reading your profile because his knee jerk reaction was to get as far away from you and the rest of us females as soon as possible.

I know you won't stress about it. If only that was all you had to worry about eh

We can't control the winds - but we can adjust our sails
Show Most Thanked Posts
User
Posted 24 Feb 2016 at 19:21

I think YOU"RE Mariar and Dobsey , Dave.
I always knew you were trouble tbh , and I think you were just upping your posts 😀😀😀

Quite shocked at the content of that PM really but won't comment. Best it's all put to bed.
Take care and thanks
Chris

User
Posted 24 Feb 2016 at 19:50

Hi Chris,

I hope you know me better than that?

I think he is called Alan and went off in a huff last year about something I had posted.

I just put this post up to alert everyone, to bear in mind that new and unfamiliar names on this site may not be all they seem.

:)

Dave  

User
Posted 24 Feb 2016 at 19:53

Dunno Dave,

The internet is full of trolls and keyboard warriors.... best not to feed 'em.

Just shrug your shoulders and move on.

After all no one forced anyone to join this site...

Luther

User
Posted 24 Feb 2016 at 20:02

Nice one Dave
Barry

User
Posted 24 Feb 2016 at 20:05

Hi Dave,

Thanks for dealing with this.

I have been really bothered by some of the posts by these two in recent days.  It's something I've not come across before and I was concerned about the effect it might have on those who already have more than enough to cope with. 

Steve

User
Posted 25 Feb 2016 at 07:20

To me it just shows how sad their little lives are.
Just a point though reading what he put to you Dave

If he didn't need this site because we are weak.Then what is he doing on here.
Must have a very sad life.

Edited by member 25 Feb 2016 at 07:21  | Reason: Not specified

User
Posted 25 Feb 2016 at 16:50

Dobsey's profile is still available via their last deleted post, some details below from their statistics page*:

Left: 23 February
Visited: 0400m on 24 February 2016*
Number of posts: 9

In case anyone was wondering if they were genuine or not and feeling bad about them or the way they were treated? Still undecided, may be a genuine case with an irrational hatred of others, particularly women? May be not?

If anyone does not post for a bit for whatever reason, or you want to see if someone is about or has been about, you can see when they were last on the site by going to that persons profile page, then to their statistics page, then to their last visit.

I wonder where the next one will come from?

*I monitor some activity of interest here, and noted that they were on the site at about 0400 the day after they "left". So I have added that fact to their timeline.

It's good to keep helping and supporting those genuinely in need, but, be aware that there are those who will take advantage or abuse the good will of the kind hearted and well meaning.

dave

I am the statistic.

User
Posted 25 Feb 2016 at 17:38

Mariar was out to ruffle our feathers.

Dobsey I feel was different in that he thought he was joining a website for Prostate Cancer. Since only men can get PC he may have thought he would only be conversing with men on very personal issues and was quite surprised to see a reply from Devonmaid.

I was, in fact, about to add my two pennyworth when he expressed his horror about women being on the site so I beat a hasty retreat.
Now his concern I can understand, even if I didn't like the tone (he may have written in haste because of his shock).

I gave him the benefit of the doubt anyway, If he was genuine then it's a shame because he may have gained a lot from us.

Never mind - it takes all sorts.

Us women will still continue to stick in our oars if you need us

User
Posted 25 Feb 2016 at 20:02

There will always be trolls....just as there will always be men/people with their own needs/issues/principles/values etc etc. I think we can only respond on an individual basis, take each new member on their own merits and respect that we are all different. And let's not lose sight of the impact that a cancer diagnosis can have on the mental as well as physical well-being. Johan makes a valid point that some men may not realise this is a site for all effected by PCa and may have been looking for the confidence of other men. Remember we are all different.

if anyone behaves inappropriately on this site it's the job of the moderators to decide what should happen.

Bri

Edited by member 25 Feb 2016 at 20:06  | Reason: Not specified

User
Posted 25 Feb 2016 at 20:04
I'm fortunate in that I didn't see his nasty comments, I can't imagine that I could have said anything to upset anyone, that's not my style. Surely a quick look around would show anyone that ladies are very much contributors to this site. Anyway, I'm glad he is gone and the other one, I rarely post now because I seem to have run out of energy but I do try to say a few kind and positive words to people with similar situations. I won't stop because of this silly man. My OH would never post so no one would know that someone with G10 can be alive after five years, I think that's good information. It's certainly what I hoped to see five years ago, but didn't.

Anyway, let's forget these trouble makers and weirdos and get on with supporting and enlightening each other.

Devonmaid.
User
Posted 25 Feb 2016 at 20:58
So well put devonmaid 😊 we can support each other and offer advice as generally we attend consultations and are as much involved in treatments, side effects, etc. Jx
User
Posted 25 Feb 2016 at 21:02

if anyone behaves inappropriately on this site it's the job of the moderators to decide what should happen.

Bri

Indeed.  

dave

I am the statistic.

User
Posted 25 Feb 2016 at 23:15
I actually think Mariar is a woman , dobsey I have no idea as I didn't see the posts. Sometimes there are people out there crying out for help although doing it through some very strange ways. They obviously want attention or they wouldn't be posting .
Like your style CB I always check out times and profiles plus every post they have commented on. 😉 ( not just a dippy blonde) .
We are always going to get weird and wacky people every know and again, that's just life. At the end of the day the forum is open to all, thank goodness for that but come on guys we are on it like a bee round a honey pot so pretty darn quick . We are all like or hate it FAMILY connected by PCA , genuine people are welcomed with opened arms.
I will always remember the A Hole that harassed TG in his last few months, I was just so upset by that but to be honest he was more than capable to handle it (TG I see you looking down on me) 😎
Sometimes it is like Alice through the looking glass they need us much more than we need them.
BFN
Julie X
NEVER LAUGH AT A LIVE DRAGON
User
Posted 26 Feb 2016 at 07:38

I just checked YOUR stats out Julie .. One thing I've definitely noticed is that you are not a man here for no reason. I tallied that info up with your recent postings and your picture. I'd love to see how the girl on the beach in the blue dress turned out ! ( flirt flirt ).
Trevor sounds amazing. A real man indeed , and coping in his own way obviously. Hats off and fingers crossed for you both
Chris x

User
Posted 26 Feb 2016 at 08:58

HT hasn't damaged your libido then CJ?

"Life can only be understood backwards; but it must be lived forwards." Soren Kierkegaard
User
Posted 26 Feb 2016 at 09:28

I'm fortunate in that I didn't see his nasty comments, I can't imagine that I could have said anything to upset anyone, that's not my style. 

Your post at the time was,  as always, supportive and welcoming. There was nothing offensive about it.

The problem was you are a WOMAN.  That was what he homed in on, just the name Devonmaid. That was what horrified him and why I think his post was genuine (if misguided)

He needed help, just not yours because you wouldn't understand. Presumably in his mind you couldn't because you haven't and can't ever experience what he's going through.

I don't suppose he got as far as reading your profile because his knee jerk reaction was to get as far away from you and the rest of us females as soon as possible.

I know you won't stress about it. If only that was all you had to worry about eh

User
Posted 26 Feb 2016 at 10:31

I'm randy as a billy goat in all truth haha. Something must be going wrong b

User
Posted 27 Feb 2016 at 12:29

Bri

Could not agree more Bri.

Thank you DaveK for dedicating a thread to me but I must disappoint you by informing you that I have absolutely no idea who Dobsey is.

Neither have I heard of Alan as one person mentioned.