:-)

User
Posted 16 Apr 2016 at 09:09
They are weird!

That's all

:-)

User
Posted 19 Apr 2016 at 13:43

It is my understanding that the bulbourethral ( Cowper's) glands are not removed during a prostatectomy. They do produce PSA -a tiny amount, unless there is a tumour there.  Some think that this minor extraprostatic source of PSA might account for some of the bounce seen in the ultrasensitive PSA test readings.

I personally noted that the volume of secretion from this gland was much reduced after prostatectomy. Maybe this is partly down to surgical trauma. My added theory for the reduced volume is that, post op, since we are clamping down on the urethra using the pelvic floor to manage incontinence, and these glands are intimately connected to the pelvic floor, they're probably getting more compression than pre op.

Show Most Thanked Posts
User
Posted 16 Apr 2016 at 13:45

I'm only on the hormone treatment at the moment and my orgasms have become almost dry but the sensation is still there. One little side effect is that when I go for a pee after one of these there seems to be a little blockage so whatever is coming out must be really thick.

User
Posted 19 Apr 2016 at 09:03

At 10 months post op my orgasm has nowhere near returned to the delight it used to be. More of a fleeting sensation really. Sadly worse during penetration than manually. But some lucky guys say it's better post op. Hope yet :-(

User
Posted 19 Apr 2016 at 09:18

Wow Murf - great to see you. How are you apart from the orgasms?

"Life can only be understood backwards; but it must be lived forwards." Soren Kierkegaard

User
Posted 19 Apr 2016 at 09:29

Hi Lyn

Don’t want to Hijack this thread; but my wife recently had breast surgery, just finished Chemotherapy, awaiting radiotherapy. So been a bad year.

Murf

Favorite Quote: I've developed a new philosophy... I only dread one day at a time.

User
Posted 19 Apr 2016 at 12:13

Sympathy to Murf - be strong..

Er, sorry but I was one of the lucky ones who still had erections (although a bit shorter in duration and *red face* size than before), and relatively dry orgasms (I must still have my bulbourethal gland(s)). The feeling is much as before LRP but less messy. Not much more to say about it than that....

Tony

TURP then LRP in 2009/2010. Lots of leakage but PSA < 0.1 AMS-800 Artificial Sphincter activated 2015.

User
Posted 19 Apr 2016 at 13:12
Murf.. you hi-jack away! It's not a problem.

My sympathies re your wife.

Tony.. Interesting re bulbourethal glands. Don't they produce PSA and if left would upset monitoring of future readings?

User
Posted 19 Apr 2016 at 13:43

It is my understanding that the bulbourethral ( Cowper's) glands are not removed during a prostatectomy. They do produce PSA -a tiny amount, unless there is a tumour there.  Some think that this minor extraprostatic source of PSA might account for some of the bounce seen in the ultrasensitive PSA test readings.

I personally noted that the volume of secretion from this gland was much reduced after prostatectomy. Maybe this is partly down to surgical trauma. My added theory for the reduced volume is that, post op, since we are clamping down on the urethra using the pelvic floor to manage incontinence, and these glands are intimately connected to the pelvic floor, they're probably getting more compression than pre op.

User
Posted 10 May 2016 at 15:10

I had the -ectomy at the end of January, was reconciled to never having an orgasm again, certainly never penetrative sex. My doctor tried telling me with a straight face that you don't need an erection for orgasm, but when I burst out laughing and said 'pigs might fly' he agreed it seemed unlikely. BUT last night my wife was out and I thought I'd give it a go on my own' and I was astonished to find that although I was entirely soft the orgasm came just as easily as before the op. Only difference was, I 'came' urine. I've googled it, and it says after a while it will become dry, but am I weird in preferring the feeling of something coming out rather than nothing?

User
Posted 10 May 2016 at 16:56

Hello Ori..

Just wondering - why did you wait till the wife was out? - It's much better with both of you playing! http://community.prostatecanceruk.org/editors/tiny_mce/plugins/emoticons/img/smiley-cool.gif

and you never know... that penetrative sex you have long forgotten - just might happen!!http://community.prostatecanceruk.org/editors/tiny_mce/plugins/emoticons/img/smiley-cool.gifhttp://community.prostatecanceruk.org/editors/tiny_mce/plugins/emoticons/img/smiley-cool.gif

User
Posted 10 May 2016 at 17:35
Ori

Must admit I had the same thought as Kro. A few weeks post op I was dry and no longer ejaculated urine, following a series of ops I now leak a few mls a day and now ejaculate urine again. I am sure the OH will prefer nothing coming out.

Thanks Chris

Edited by member 10 May 2016 at 17:37  | Reason: Not specified

User
Posted 10 May 2016 at 19:13

I have found that as my incontinence lessens my ejaculation of urine at orgasm (with my soft penis) has gone. I can empathise with the need to find out what happens for yourself alone first, then you can let your other half know what to expect, and you can both go from there. She could tell you what she thinks of the urine, from hating it, through not caring, to liking it!
I did not want the pass urine with my OH during sex, but recently he asked me to remove pants and pad at night, and he wanted to 'work on me' despite the risk of a leak. That in turn has allowed me to worry less about it.

On the subject of not ejaculating, I have not found I miss having something shoot out when I have an orgasm as much as I expected but I know others who feel extremely badly about not ejaculating anything. (Difficult to separate the feelings about the dryness of the orgasm from those about having prostate cancer, I guess.)

User
Posted 10 May 2016 at 19:44

It might not be small urine leaks - some men do still eject a fluid produced in the bulbourethral glands - thicker than urine but not as thick as semen.

I have never told J that he leaks slightly during oral sex - didn't see any point in worrying him.

"Life can only be understood backwards; but it must be lived forwards." Soren Kierkegaard

User
Posted 10 May 2016 at 22:33

Hi Murf,

Just picked up on this thread and so sorry about your wife needing treatment for Breast cancer. I do hope it works well for her. It seems your PSA is pretty stable though treatment had severely impacted on your sexual life.

Trust you are still biking.

Edited by member 10 May 2016 at 22:40  | Reason: Not specified

Barry
User
Posted 10 May 2016 at 23:26

Oh my!!! I completely missed your message Murf - so very, very sorry to hear this. Thinking about you both xxx

User
Posted 11 May 2016 at 17:39

Just to say that there alternatives to penetrative sex. Possibly these are not explored or advocated enough. There does seem to be a bit of a thing about erections.

Having said that my perspective as a man in my mid to late sixties will, of course, be different from much younger sufferers from Pca.