I'm interested in conversations about and I want to talk about
Know exactly what you want?
Show search

Notification

Error

new

User
Posted 29 Apr 2016 at 07:39

Have been told i have cancer but is a none harmful ,I have to go for test every so often to see if it has got worse. My GP says it is nothing to worry about as it shoudnt get worse or need any treatment . Only a tablet to help my prop

User
Posted 29 Apr 2016 at 19:41

Hi, Rickie.
Welcome to the site.
I'm sorry to hear you have prostate cancer. It is such a shocking diagnosis, and it takes a while to get used to the idea.
It is good, if you have to have cancer, that you have non-aggressive prostate cancer (I guess that is what you have from what your GP has said to you). You can live with that for ages without it threatening your life. You are young for it, though.
If you know some more facts about your disease add them to your profile. This will help people here offer accurate advice and opinions.
On this site the people with bad disease and resulting on-going treatment and concern about cancer stick around the longest, so don't be worried by some of the bad outcomes you read here! Do read the charity's information.
Best of luck with it.
Henry

User
Posted 29 Apr 2016 at 23:13

Hi Richard,

Many men who have prostate cancer live long lives and die of something else, some not even knowing they had the disease. There are different types of PCa, some more aggressive than others but there is a possibility the cancer may mutate at any time to become more of a problem but hopefully not in your case. At least you have early warning and your situation can be monitored. As Henry says, it would help us better respond if you post your full diagnosis under your profile. Please also state the tablet you are on. Was it by any chance Tamsulosin Hydrochloride to help with your waterworks, a reason some men have for visiting their GP in the first place?

Barry
User
Posted 01 May 2016 at 22:56

Gosh Rickie, at 44 years old I am not sure that any cancer is non-harmful! I hope they are going to keep a very, very close eye on you - do you know any more - or do you perhaps have a letter from the hospital or GP with your diagnosis details on it?

"Life can only be understood backwards; but it must be lived forwards." Soren Kierkegaard