I'm interested in conversations about and I want to talk about
Know exactly what you want?
Show search

Notification

Error

Somaerect pump demo - Erectile dysfunction (ED)

User
Posted 29 Apr 2016 at 19:27
Well that was amusing. The rep from imedicare just came round to show me how to use the the Somaerect pump. I rang them after I got booked into a clinic to see him, but that was for 28th June. Turned out he was happy to see me at short notice because he lives near me, so I got the same service in the comfort of my own home two months sooner.
He produces a prescription advice sheet for the GP, with the sizes for parts of the equipment that will suit best.
He was completely professional, unfazed by the situation, and matter-of-fact while respecting the sensitivities. He knew exactly what he wanted to do, was polite and courteous, and put me thoroughly at my ease. It is a very long time since someone new saw my penis erect!
He explains how to use the equipment, then offers to pump you up, which I chose to do. He is used to people with some leakage, and reassured me about that.
As well as pumping for penile rehab, he shows you how to use the constriction rings to keep an erection for 'usage'.

If anyone is avoiding this through anxiety about what it is like I can recommend taking the plunge. The rep I saw covers the whole of the South East, London and East Anglia, and I am sure that he would put anyone at their ease. If I had been more anxious he would have been able to acknowledge that and reassure me. He certainly would not have done anything he wasn't sure I was happy with.

Henry
User
Posted 10 May 2016 at 16:53

NHS people tend to prescribe either the Osbon Erecaid Esteem, the Farnhurst Elite Plus or the Somaerect

NHS codes are shown on the relevant websites

http://www.mediplus.co.uk/c-Osbon-ErecAid

http://www.farnhurst-elite.co.uk/order-secure.html

http://www.imedicare.co.uk/en/products/for-men/erectile-penile-health/erectile-dysfunction-recovery/somaerect-response-ii/

Edited by member 10 May 2016 at 16:53  | Reason: Not specified

"Life can only be understood backwards; but it must be lived forwards." Soren Kierkegaard
User
Posted 30 Apr 2016 at 11:39

Yesterday, I went to collect my Erecaid pump from a supermarket pharmacy 6 miles away- rather than use the Boots pharmacy  where I live.

It only took a day for them to order it in, and when I collected it, I was glad that they had some sensitivity to the issue, having triple wrapped it in carrier bags to obscure the boxed advertising '..Promotes penile blood flow'.

Free carrier bags were an unexpected windfall - bags are charged for in wales- i'm now 15p up!

A peculiar experience to view things through the perspex later that day- memories of going to the zoo as a child and looking at creatures displayed behind glass- and also something akin to the sudden recognition of a friend in a crowd who you haven't seen for some time...

User
Posted 01 May 2016 at 22:37

Get her phone number ! Don't let us down Surr we want gossip !!

Show Most Thanked Posts
User
Posted 29 Apr 2016 at 23:33

Henry,

I think I must have seen the same guy.  Very professional and made what could have been a slightly embarrassing situation seem very normal.

The worst moment came when I had to pick up "the equipment" from my pharmacist.  Unfortunately, I know some of the staff quite well and it was typical that they happened to be on duty when I went in to collect the pump.  It wasn't helped by there being a queue of people waiting for their prescriptions too.  Oh well, if I can manage to buy incontinence pads, I could cope with the embarrassment of this.  Shame they didn't have a bag quite big enough to completely enclose the box.

Anyone considering a pump, I'd say "go for it" because they work really well, even if it's only for exercise until the treatment finishes.

Edited by member 29 Apr 2016 at 23:35  | Reason: Not specified

User
Posted 30 Apr 2016 at 06:55

Marilyn Monroe did my demo. She was overly hot for the job but we had a great laugh. She was thoroughly professional too. I think the pump is a great piece of kit.
Happy pumping , although 10 months of it daily is becoming quite a grind
Chris

User
Posted 30 Apr 2016 at 08:25

Thanks, Guys.
Perhaps I'll take my big Sainsbury's reusable bag to the chemist, Steve!
There's little room for modesty with this, though. I reckon real men face their need for incontinence pads and vacuum pumps with pride!

User
Posted 30 Apr 2016 at 09:17
Henry,

My pharmacy is in the middle of a busy supermarket which made it worse. It didn't help seeing a couple of people I know on the way back to the car!

I think go prepared is the best advice.

Good Luck.
User
Posted 30 Apr 2016 at 11:39

Yesterday, I went to collect my Erecaid pump from a supermarket pharmacy 6 miles away- rather than use the Boots pharmacy  where I live.

It only took a day for them to order it in, and when I collected it, I was glad that they had some sensitivity to the issue, having triple wrapped it in carrier bags to obscure the boxed advertising '..Promotes penile blood flow'.

Free carrier bags were an unexpected windfall - bags are charged for in wales- i'm now 15p up!

A peculiar experience to view things through the perspex later that day- memories of going to the zoo as a child and looking at creatures displayed behind glass- and also something akin to the sudden recognition of a friend in a crowd who you haven't seen for some time...

User
Posted 01 May 2016 at 22:21
I went to my chemist last week to check that all was ok with the prescription for my pump.
The assistant apologised that there would be a delay. Would I mind ? I said no , I've waited long enough for it, so a few more days wouldn't matter.
She then gave me the biggest wink and smile and then said " well mate, you'll enjoy when it comes, if you know what I mean ....!"
Going to collect it this coming week. I wonder what her comments will be then !

User
Posted 01 May 2016 at 22:37

Get her phone number ! Don't let us down Surr we want gossip !!

User
Posted 02 May 2016 at 07:18

John I had a dragon hand over mine the other week and am flipping glad she did not give me a nod and a wink.. I would have trembled from head to toe ( not with excitement either)!

Could have been worse I suppose there was also a odd looking bloke serving as well!

You never know, your young lady might offer to help (for medical purposes only of course)

Regards Chris/Woody

User
Posted 02 May 2016 at 07:33
Walnut,

When I had the demo I must confess it was great to be 'reunited ' with a long lost friend. I'd almost forgotten what it was like to be 'complete' again.A special moment.
And hopefully more good moments to come too. !

Chris, I hope you also 'enjoy ' your demo this week. And then you can get going on your rehab like me. I know they were having a laugh at the chemists when I went in as they had only just received the order from the surgery. So I was very much the man of the moment then !

John
User
Posted 10 May 2016 at 15:00

My doctor's willing to prescribe a pump but he's never done it before and has spent two weeks researching it! What's the thing called, and does anyone know where he should look to find it?

User
Posted 10 May 2016 at 16:53

NHS people tend to prescribe either the Osbon Erecaid Esteem, the Farnhurst Elite Plus or the Somaerect

NHS codes are shown on the relevant websites

http://www.mediplus.co.uk/c-Osbon-ErecAid

http://www.farnhurst-elite.co.uk/order-secure.html

http://www.imedicare.co.uk/en/products/for-men/erectile-penile-health/erectile-dysfunction-recovery/somaerect-response-ii/

Edited by member 10 May 2016 at 16:53  | Reason: Not specified

"Life can only be understood backwards; but it must be lived forwards." Soren Kierkegaard
User
Posted 10 May 2016 at 18:17

I would recommend the imedicare service provided in relation to the Somaerect. One of their reps demonstrates it for you, and this includes them completing a 'prescription advice form' for you to drop into the GP so they know what to prescribe. There is a phone number on the imedicare website. I think their rep said they are the only company that provides the demo service.
The rep can do this at your place, or can give you a appointment at your nearest clinic run by them.
Henry

User
Posted 10 May 2016 at 18:23

.... unless you live in an area where you have to attend an ED clinic :-)

User
Posted 10 May 2016 at 19:12

I don't see anyone talking about the Rapport Premier.
It comes with a DVD showing how to use it and it is pretty straight forward but , like everything takes a bit of practice.
I'm really pleased with it, both for daily practice and, using a tighter ring for penetrative sex.

http://www.mortonmedical.co.uk/Rapport_Premier_Erectile_Dysfunction_Management~p~14963.htm?gclid=CIKTspu1rssCFSEz0wodbzcKAw

The GP just needs to write 'Rapport Premier Erectile Dysfunction System' and the product code OWSM2200 on the prescription form and Bob's your uncle.

User
Posted 11 May 2016 at 20:53

well my pump handle has broken LOL and Nikon Steve when I collected mine with a queue behind me the young women said in a loud voice so what is this for so I told her and it was not me who went red Andy