I'm interested in conversations about and I want to talk about
Know exactly what you want?
Show search

Notification

Error

Urgency

User
Posted 22 May 2016 at 00:12

After changing my diet and lifestyle my PSA was lowered. My biopsy results improved and I avoided RP and am currently on AS.

My EF is much improved and the need to pee is now more or less under control ( I get up once during the night on average).

HOWEVER a week or two back my wife and I took our seats in a small theatre having been advised there was a strict no re-admission policy. The curtain went up and almost immediately I sense a distinct twinge in my bladder. 10 minutes in and it was screaming at me "I NEED TO EMPTY!" Getting up would be disruptive and embarrassing, and besides I really want to see the play. 

What to do?

I hatch a plan. Firstly I position my coat across my lap. I glug on my water bottle to empty it ( counterintuitive under the circumstances, but bear with me) Next I 'adjust my trousers' and carefully positioned the bottle under the...um, hose.

The play was a one man show in a small auditorium and so I had to use extreme stealth. The lady in front of me shifted in her seat turning her head back in my direction, I stem the flow and look ahead in rapture at the performance. She turns away and I increase the pressure. 

I carefully screw the top back on the now refilled (and hot) bottle, 

Oh what relief!

I sit back to enjoy the performance. 

And then a new anxiety enters my head.

What to do if I my wife feels thirsty?

User
Posted 22 May 2016 at 14:16

Ah well, the sneakiness paid off so that's what matters now, but blimey. You're a braver man than my John. !

We can't control the winds - but we can adjust our sails
User
Posted 22 May 2016 at 14:26

An innovative solution which could be useful for any man as you don't have to have PCa to sometimes experience urgency.

Barry
User
Posted 22 May 2016 at 15:01

Ha Ha Fabulous story What a man!! Great to have in a team when problem solving.

Next plan---------take two bottles (just in case)

I bet you just love a challenge.

Cheers Chris/Woody

Life seems different upside down, take another viewpoint

User
Posted 22 May 2016 at 16:32

A) I can't believe you did that.
B) I can't believe you've owned up to it. :-))

User
Posted 22 May 2016 at 16:59
Brilliant. Love stories like this. Good training if you ever have RT and ever have to request a bottle as I did once mid zapping !!

User
Posted 22 May 2016 at 20:24

Great story. 

You might not have got away with this under the radar if you'd had the RP and the improvement in flow rate which can be experienced

https://encrypted-tbn2.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSBkqFAt6oJpoLuvKg5UbctvS8RKpibModbFcb9X1WZ4RV5AHw

The poor lady in front might have had a bottle in the back of her head!

I like your style.

User
Posted 22 May 2016 at 20:50
Enjoyed reading your story.

The only time I have been in a desperate situation was when driving. I managed to quickly find a safe place to stop but no bushes. I had to resort to my travelling bottle reserved for such a purpose but I did have to cover myself and luckily only my wife in the car. It was quite tricky sitting down and trying to manoeuvre bits but I had no choice. My wife and I had quite a chuckle over this!

By the way I award you 10 out of 10 for ingenuity!

Wishing you all the best.