I'm interested in conversations about and I want to talk about
Know exactly what you want?
Show search

Notification

Error

caverject availabilty

User
Posted 24 May 2016 at 11:10

I am a user of caverject injections and have been for a while now. The only problem seems to be getting a reliable supply from the pharmacy as most of the time they quote a supply problem from the manufacturer. Does anyone know if it is possible to obtain the product from another source?  perhaps import from Europe or the USA?

User
Posted 24 May 2016 at 12:34

I had Caverject supply problems too. I now use Viridal Duo. Same drug and far superior syringe system. Maybe ask your doc

User
Posted 24 May 2016 at 18:31

It's a licensing issue Henry - the dual chamber Caverject being most problematic. We haven't been able to get any for over a year now. Single chamber caverject is still available in some areas but is a much higher dose so may not be suitable for you. As Bri says, best bet may be to ask your GP or ED nurse to change the prescription to Viridal

"Life can only be understood backwards; but it must be lived forwards." Soren Kierkegaard

Show Most Thanked Posts
User
Posted 24 May 2016 at 12:34

I had Caverject supply problems too. I now use Viridal Duo. Same drug and far superior syringe system. Maybe ask your doc

User
Posted 24 May 2016 at 18:31

It's a licensing issue Henry - the dual chamber Caverject being most problematic. We haven't been able to get any for over a year now. Single chamber caverject is still available in some areas but is a much higher dose so may not be suitable for you. As Bri says, best bet may be to ask your GP or ED nurse to change the prescription to Viridal

"Life can only be understood backwards; but it must be lived forwards." Soren Kierkegaard