Know exactly what you want?
Show search

Notification

Error

this hot weather

User
Posted 10 Jun 2016 at 09:28

morning

so who else is finding this heat hard to deal with, been suffering with headaches, even more hot flushs used a towel at night to lay on, fatigue, dizziness and back ache

regards

nidge

run long and prosper
'pooh how do you spell love'
'piglet you dont spell love -you just feel it'
User
Posted 10 Jun 2016 at 12:18
Nidge ,

I'm with you on this. I''ve noticed an increase in flushing etc, whilst it's been hot. Always glad when it's cooler.

John
User
Posted 10 Jun 2016 at 19:21

Hi Nidge
I sympathise and share the experience. It's definitely worse as it gets hotter.
I must say though that since I started taking sage tablets it doesn't seem quite as bad
I do still have to rush outside to get some cooling air on occasions.
Things I've found really help are ice packs on head but cool open air is the best.
High humidity in enclosed areas seem to give me a constant hot flush

best of luck

Paul

User
Posted 10 Jun 2016 at 19:24
Please try and enjoy the sunshine and warmth it's such a gift to us in Wales
Leila
User
Posted 10 Jun 2016 at 22:22
Hi Nidge you should have been with me in the Sahara, that was hot flush city! Joking apart, whilst I love(d) the heat I have got many more hot flushes like you, I am still commuting by train to London and that's not much fun either. I guess we just have to tough it out, you could ask doc for sleeping pills and use them in the really hot nights? Forecast is slightly cooler next week !

Dream like you have forever, live like you only have today Avatar is me doing the 600 mile Camino de Santiago May 2019

User
Posted 11 Jun 2016 at 00:52
Hi Nidge,

I often struggle with hot weather but it is nice to see the sun. It can help lift your mood when you're feeling low.

I prefer it to cold and wet.

Take care.

Steve
Show Most Thanked Posts
User
Posted 10 Jun 2016 at 12:07

I MUST.....I Simply MUST Stop you right there!

This will only last for 4-5 weeks.....and if you live in Wales like me only about 2....Then It will be RAIN 24/7.....blizzards...100 mph winds.....Snow....and temperatures like -10 to -18 (yes....for real!).

So...STOP it!

Go outside...get some vitamin D....and enjoy and sweat plenty!

User
Posted 10 Jun 2016 at 12:18
Nidge ,

I'm with you on this. I''ve noticed an increase in flushing etc, whilst it's been hot. Always glad when it's cooler.

John
User
Posted 10 Jun 2016 at 19:21

Hi Nidge
I sympathise and share the experience. It's definitely worse as it gets hotter.
I must say though that since I started taking sage tablets it doesn't seem quite as bad
I do still have to rush outside to get some cooling air on occasions.
Things I've found really help are ice packs on head but cool open air is the best.
High humidity in enclosed areas seem to give me a constant hot flush

best of luck

Paul

User
Posted 10 Jun 2016 at 19:24
Please try and enjoy the sunshine and warmth it's such a gift to us in Wales
Leila
User
Posted 10 Jun 2016 at 22:22
Hi Nidge you should have been with me in the Sahara, that was hot flush city! Joking apart, whilst I love(d) the heat I have got many more hot flushes like you, I am still commuting by train to London and that's not much fun either. I guess we just have to tough it out, you could ask doc for sleeping pills and use them in the really hot nights? Forecast is slightly cooler next week !

Dream like you have forever, live like you only have today Avatar is me doing the 600 mile Camino de Santiago May 2019

User
Posted 11 Jun 2016 at 00:52
Hi Nidge,

I often struggle with hot weather but it is nice to see the sun. It can help lift your mood when you're feeling low.

I prefer it to cold and wet.

Take care.

Steve
User
Posted 11 Jun 2016 at 12:10

tother thing noticed my bone pain has increased also don't know if this is just a coincidence, don't want to get any stronger tablets as it may void my travel insurance to Canada as tablets I am on have been accepted

regards

nidge

run long and prosper
'pooh how do you spell love'
'piglet you dont spell love -you just feel it'
User
Posted 11 Jun 2016 at 15:12

Well some of you have sun.... totally overcast here and very humid, not pleasant at all.
Yesterday I went on a 7 mile walk of the Thames Path, probably overdid it and ended up profusely sweating and quite exhaused at the end. This has resulted in dehydration which is reflected in poor flow problems. Trying to increase my fluid intake to compensate but I for one will be very happy when it gets back to more normal weather.

User
Posted 11 Jun 2016 at 17:18

Hi Nidge
I wouldn't have thought you'd have had bone pains due to the cancer looking at your psa values. Might be side effects from HT
I've certainly more aching limbs and stiffness since I started HT. I've also developed pain and aches in the upper arms and my legs have swelled a bit.
Does the bone ache go once you get moving?, mine usually does

Hope this helps

Enjoy your trip to Canada, it's on my list.

Paul

User
Posted 30 Aug 2016 at 19:45

Hello friends, 

I've only just seen this.

In my case, it hasn't been too warm or even hot.

Perhaps it's just me. I'm on Prostap HT and have had radiotherapy.  In my case I don't like any cold at all.  For nearly 2 years now, I've been wearing long sleeved vests - constantly!  So during this summer, in the house, I've been wearing 3 layers, including a thin jumper. Then when I go out anywhere, I put on a light jacket, making 4 layers!

Yesterday afternoon, I went out for a short walk - I can't go far, but without the jacket. For once I felt that the breeze was warm, other times it has felt to me that the wind is positively cool.

I dread the coming winter, I'll be perishing cold.  Oh by the way, I absolutely love the heat.  I wouldn't mind being in Tenerife, right now!

Frank.

User
Posted 30 Aug 2016 at 20:20
Frank

Ain't they lucky guys -:)

I know the cold feeling well. Pre RT HT I was the last to put a jumper/coat on. Now some 8 years post those I'm still one of the first to put a coat on. Today was one of the rare days for me to leave my jumper off (still have thermal and tee - shirt on). In the winter I can get scary cold - i.e. It takes ages for me to get warm. However it doesn't seem to have impacted on my general health. My thyroid has been tested a few times with OK results.

Ray