I'm interested in conversations about and I want to talk about
Know exactly what you want?
Show search

Notification

Error

After biopsy

User
Posted 14 Jul 2016 at 07:48
I am due to have a biopsy soon and was wondering if afterwards how long I need to wait before playing golf. If anyone can help would be greatful
User
Posted 16 Jul 2016 at 21:39

I was told not to garden for 7 months !! Well that's what I told Elaine anyway ;-))

User
Posted 14 Jul 2016 at 10:48

Hi
If you are having a TRUS biopsy which is performed via the anus and through the bowel lining , then most people would be able to golf the next day. Very little pain involved tbh. Some blood possible in urine and poo. Lots of blood in semen for 6 weeks. Biggest risk is infection but the antibiotics take care of that.
But if you are having a template biopsy under General anaesthetic it's a bit different. You will have some pain and soreness and bleeding ( and a bandage ) on the skin between your anus and testicles. It wasn't too bad either to be honest but hurt to sit a little. In my opinion you'd still be able to play golf a couple of days later. However remember you will have had anaesthetic and technically shouldn't drive for a fortnight !!
Good luck

User
Posted 14 Jul 2016 at 11:28

If it is a TRUS biopsy, you may find you can go straight from the hospital to the golf course - some men have none of the side effects described above.

John hadn't asked any questions beforehand and therefore expected no problems. He went from the biopsy straight to work, and then from work to rugby training. Very little blood except in semen.

"Life can only be understood backwards; but it must be lived forwards." Soren Kierkegaard

User
Posted 14 Jul 2016 at 17:21
Hi,

When I had the TRUS biopsy I was told not to garden nor play any tennis for 24 hours. I retuned to work the next day and had no problems whatsoever although I had a little blood in my semen.

Good luck.

John

User
Posted 16 Jul 2016 at 19:24

Remember being fascinated by the process and they showed me on the screen what they were doing . It wasn't pleasant , but it wasn't painful and didn't stop me doing anything the following day . Noticed a little blood , which soon disappeared .

'Good luck .

User
Posted 16 Jul 2016 at 20:10

Alan 48, I did the same with mine as well and also watched as they did a TURP ( Trans Uretheral Resection of the Prostate)last year that did not hurt either but was well weird.

Cheers Chris/Woody

Life seems different upside down, take another viewpoint

Show Most Thanked Posts
User
Posted 14 Jul 2016 at 10:48

Hi
If you are having a TRUS biopsy which is performed via the anus and through the bowel lining , then most people would be able to golf the next day. Very little pain involved tbh. Some blood possible in urine and poo. Lots of blood in semen for 6 weeks. Biggest risk is infection but the antibiotics take care of that.
But if you are having a template biopsy under General anaesthetic it's a bit different. You will have some pain and soreness and bleeding ( and a bandage ) on the skin between your anus and testicles. It wasn't too bad either to be honest but hurt to sit a little. In my opinion you'd still be able to play golf a couple of days later. However remember you will have had anaesthetic and technically shouldn't drive for a fortnight !!
Good luck

User
Posted 14 Jul 2016 at 11:28

If it is a TRUS biopsy, you may find you can go straight from the hospital to the golf course - some men have none of the side effects described above.

John hadn't asked any questions beforehand and therefore expected no problems. He went from the biopsy straight to work, and then from work to rugby training. Very little blood except in semen.

"Life can only be understood backwards; but it must be lived forwards." Soren Kierkegaard

User
Posted 14 Jul 2016 at 17:21
Hi,

When I had the TRUS biopsy I was told not to garden nor play any tennis for 24 hours. I retuned to work the next day and had no problems whatsoever although I had a little blood in my semen.

Good luck.

John

User
Posted 16 Jul 2016 at 19:24

Remember being fascinated by the process and they showed me on the screen what they were doing . It wasn't pleasant , but it wasn't painful and didn't stop me doing anything the following day . Noticed a little blood , which soon disappeared .

'Good luck .

User
Posted 16 Jul 2016 at 20:10

Alan 48, I did the same with mine as well and also watched as they did a TURP ( Trans Uretheral Resection of the Prostate)last year that did not hurt either but was well weird.

Cheers Chris/Woody

Life seems different upside down, take another viewpoint

User
Posted 16 Jul 2016 at 21:39

I was told not to garden for 7 months !! Well that's what I told Elaine anyway ;-))

User
Posted 31 Jul 2016 at 21:25

Lol, like your style chris