I'm interested in conversations about and I want to talk about
Know exactly what you want?
Show search

Notification

Error

Dad has gone

User
Posted 11 Aug 2016 at 08:59
My amazing dad sadly passed away after a 3 year battle with advanced prostate cancer. He responded well to treatment until Christmas 2015, he suffered with bladder retention and had to be catheterised. His health just carried on declining, he was very anaemic and pas level was rising rapidly. 2 weeks ago he was put on palliative care, last Thursday night he went to sleep, he was moved to the hospice on Friday where he held on until Monday when he took his final breath. He was in lots of pain towards the end as the cancer had spread to his spine and brain. I feel incredibly sad and heartbroken but I know he is now at peace xx

Jules

User
Posted 11 Aug 2016 at 11:33

Ah Jules, I am so so sorry but as you say - he is at peace now.

Remember him in the good times and try not to dwell on the mental pictures of his last weeks in pain.

I wish you well and hope that this community, once they read your latest post, will spread the comfort blanket around you and hold you close.

Thinking of you. You now have your children to care for and they will take up a lot of your time. Your dad knew you loved him and wanted him pain free. He is now.

Look at your children - remember him as he was when he was with them and when they talk about granddad enjoy the memories.

XXXXXX

We can't control the winds - but we can adjust our sails
User
Posted 11 Aug 2016 at 13:15

Sad news Jules.

Please accept my sincere condolences to you and your family.

Take care and Keep Right On...

KRO...

User
Posted 11 Aug 2016 at 14:47

Hi jules
So very sad to hear of the loss of your dad
Please take care
Viv 🙏🏻

The only time you should look back is to see how far you have come
User
Posted 11 Aug 2016 at 15:07

Jules,

Sorry you have lost your Dad to this rotten disease. His pain is over which must be some consolation. My condolences.

Barry
User
Posted 11 Aug 2016 at 17:28
Hi Jules

Condolences to you and your family at this time but try to take comfort from the fact that your Dad is now free of his pain. I am sure he appreciated everything you did for him.

Kevan

User
Posted 11 Aug 2016 at 18:11
So sorry to hear about your sad loss, my sincere condolences to you and your family. Kev

Dream like you have forever, live like you only have today Avatar is me doing the 600 mile Camino de Santiago May 2019

User
Posted 11 Aug 2016 at 18:31
J

So sorry to hear of your loss please accept my sincere condolences.

Thanks Chris

User
Posted 11 Aug 2016 at 18:38

So sorry for your loss take care .

User
Posted 11 Aug 2016 at 19:41

Jules, 

I'm so sorry to hear of your father's passing. I extend to you and the rest of your family, my sincere condolences.

Frank.

User
Posted 11 Aug 2016 at 21:38
Just wanted to add my. Condolences Jules as hard as it is your Dad is now pain free and at peace. . My thoughts are with you and your family at this sad time.

From one Jules to another.

BFN

Julie X

NEVER LAUGH AT A LIVE DRAGON
User
Posted 11 Aug 2016 at 22:06

So sorry to hear of your loss, stay strong

My condolences to you

Chris/Woody

Life seems different upside down, take another viewpoint

User
Posted 11 Aug 2016 at 22:20
My sincere condolences Jules. RIP dad xxxxx
User
Posted 11 Aug 2016 at 22:50

He is at peace Jules and hopefully that can be some comfort over time. So sorry to hear about your loss.

User
Posted 12 Aug 2016 at 07:06

Sorry to hear of your loss. Sending sincerest condolences to you and your family

Bri x

User
Posted 12 Aug 2016 at 23:04

I am so sorry to hear about your dad. My condolences to you and your family x 

User
Posted 12 Aug 2016 at 23:08
Hi Jules

So so sorry for your loss,I know just what it feels like,just lost my dad 3 weeks ago too.The one thing that gets me through it is that he is at peace now.I hope you can do the same.

Much love to you & your family

Eleanor x