Know exactly what you want?
Show search

Notification

Error

PSA Increasing but All tests Negative

User
Posted 20 Aug 2016 at 13:22

Hi Everyone

I just join today hoping to get an incite into the Relationship between PSA levels and Prostate Cancer.

It all started with a passage of blood in my urine-2-3 times only- since stopped by the way. Blood test showed a high PSA levels 7.12ng/ml. I was sent by GP to the urologist the following week. Rectal exam measured prostate at 50cc but nothing unusual. Blood test 2wks later showed PSA levels increased to 8.69ng/ml. TRUS later measured prostate at 101cc. All extensive tests including bladder scan, sampling biopsies(transrectal ultrasound, trans perineal)-several, CT, MRI came back negative for cancer. However a follow-up visit 3 months later, showed my PSA increased to 12ng/ml. So I'm seriously worried now. More biopsies are organised with bone scans this time round. 

User
Posted 20 Aug 2016 at 15:06

Hello Zacky and welcome

Have you been checked for infection ? Possibly Benign Prostatic Hyperplasia a bigger prostate producing more PSA?

I think you need to have all your scores before anyone can advise you but I'm sure somebody will be along to reassure you. Weekends are usually quieter though so you may have to be patient.

Best Wishes

Sandra

We can't control the winds - but we can adjust our sails
User
Posted 20 Aug 2016 at 18:30

Hi Frank

On the basis the multi tests are NHS based it's taken they will have ruled out other reasons for the PSA level and appropriate time has been given for scans not to be clouded by biopsies. Whilst it's prudent to have a bone scan it still leaves possible PCa cells in the prostate. If so it's feasible you have the type of PCa cells that produce a large of amount of PSA - hence a small cluster of cells making location difficult to find.

Good luck

Ray