I'm interested in conversations about and I want to talk about
Know exactly what you want?
Show search

Notification

Error

Radiotherapy stiffness

User
Posted 29 Aug 2016 at 09:44

Hi all, just had my 17th of 37 radiotherapy sessions......I started with aches and stiffness in my lower back and down my legs.

Has anyone else had these side effects from radiotherapy?

Also before starting radiotherapy I had 6 cycles of chemo....from day 2 i have had really bad trots......I am on Loperamide ( think that's how it's spelt ) whilst it helps a bit, the trotts are still with me......anyone any suggestions as to what I could try?

Shaun

User
Posted 30 Aug 2016 at 04:59
Hi Shaun, I too did have back ache & leg stiffness but only after 30th radiation. However in my case it was perhaps due to haemorrhoids & proctitis pain as I was all the time stressed & stiff. Taking Ultracet pain killer has helped. I did not have Chemo.

All the best

Mohan

User
Posted 17 Sep 2016 at 00:29

Hi Shaun

Sorry to hear of your problem, I am up to my 17th RT session and like you have exlerienced bowel problems due to Radiation irritation, particually towards the end of the week, but fortunately for me I don't have the back or leg pain you suffer.

When I told the Radiotherapist she put me on Imodium tablets and I have found them very good for easing the problem.

I was also instructed by the Oncologist not to have any fibre in my diet so I cannot have brown bread, green veg, green salad or spicy food as these can all add to bowel problems.

Hope this helps and you get your problem sorted soon as I know first hand it can drag you down, and dont forget to keep well hydrated.

All the best

Harley

User
Posted 17 Sep 2016 at 05:01
Hi Shaun, I completed my 38 RTs two weeks ago. I also developed back ache & leg stiffness but this, I thought, was because of my flared haemorrhoids & proctitis pain which radiated downwards & adjoining areas.The stiffness is less when the anal pain is less. The anal pain is gradually reducing but still a long way to get cured. I take painkillers on some days which also reduces back ache & leg stiffness. You have not said anything about protitis which would mean your problem could be differen

Best wishes

Mohan