Know exactly what you want?
Show search

Notification

Error

toda loo

User
Posted 29 Aug 2016 at 17:18

hi

we are refurbing the bathroom, and looking at a toilet which has a higher pan height, as anyone bought one and would they recommend the one they are using

regards nidge

run long and prosper
'pooh how do you spell love'
'piglet you dont spell love -you just feel it'
User
Posted 30 Aug 2016 at 08:38

Can't help with an actual make BR but as we age our hips give out so a high pan is a good plan!!

When John had his hip replaced we had to use the height adjuster the hospital supplied and he couldn't have managed without it.

Hopefully now I've bumped, somebody else will see your post from yesterday.

Sandra

We can't control the winds - but we can adjust our sails
User
Posted 30 Aug 2016 at 09:37

I have purchased a raised WC which will, when installed, be en suite as I am finding increasing difficulty in raising myself off normal height ones due to wear and tear/arthritis in knee joints. (Low height chairs present the same difficulty). However, my wife who is considerably shorter, having tried this raised toilet says it is uncomfortably high for her so she will continue to use the one in the bathroom. So be aware that others may find a higher one too high. I know as Sandra has said it is possible to obtain a plastic fitment to temporarily raise a WC for a particular user and this could be considered where there is only one toilet. Side handles can also be fitted in some situations to take some of a persons weight during the lowering and raising process.

Barry
User
Posted 30 Aug 2016 at 14:57
Hi,

We had new toilet pans fitted, they were supplied by AKW, my wife is disabled and the people who designed our wet room used AKW products. To be honest I find it easier to use myself. Their website is

http://www.akw-ltd.co.uk/

Arthur