I'm interested in conversations about and I want to talk about
Know exactly what you want?
Show search

Notification

Error

"Dance Troupe"

User
Posted 10 Sep 2016 at 10:47

A bit of a light hearted post to try and bring a smile to your Saturday morning - Does anyone else have problems with 'Holding water' while waiting your turn for RT...???

Having been told to drink at least 2 litres of water per day I am now slowly drowning from the inside out.

When I get to hospital I have a routine of having my Enema as soon as I get there and then drinking quite a lot of water until 50 minutes before RT time then empying the bladder before indulging myself with my strictly measurerd 700ml of water to be consumed 40 minutes before my allotted time.

This is where the problem and the smiles start - As the clock ticks down do you start the 'Bladder dance', hopping one foot to the other and walking round in circles.
Some of the moves are quite entertaining and bring many "Know how you feel" looks from the rest of us who are waiting.

Quite a lot of our little band of brothers in my group seem to have the same problem as me and I am thinking of starting a dance troupe.
If it catches on we could perhaps enter the best dancers in a version of 'Strictly come dancing'

You never know the video could go viral...!!!

Hope you have had a little smile thinking 'Hey' that sounds like me...😁

Onwards and upwards, hope you all have a good weekend and remember - you will beat it...!!!!

Harley
User
Posted 10 Sep 2016 at 10:47

A bit of a light hearted post to try and bring a smile to your Saturday morning - Does anyone else have problems with 'Holding water' while waiting your turn for RT...???

Having been told to drink at least 2 litres of water per day I am now slowly drowning from the inside out.

When I get to hospital I have a routine of having my Enema as soon as I get there and then drinking quite a lot of water until 50 minutes before RT time then empying the bladder before indulging myself with my strictly measurerd 700ml of water to be consumed 40 minutes before my allotted time.

This is where the problem and the smiles start - As the clock ticks down do you start the 'Bladder dance', hopping one foot to the other and walking round in circles.
Some of the moves are quite entertaining and bring many "Know how you feel" looks from the rest of us who are waiting.

Quite a lot of our little band of brothers in my group seem to have the same problem as me and I am thinking of starting a dance troupe.
If it catches on we could perhaps enter the best dancers in a version of 'Strictly come dancing'

You never know the video could go viral...!!!

Hope you have had a little smile thinking 'Hey' that sounds like me...😁

Onwards and upwards, hope you all have a good weekend and remember - you will beat it...!!!!

Harley
User
Posted 10 Sep 2016 at 21:09
HR

Well it made me smile, not in that situation but your words paint a vivid and comical scene.

Thanks Chris
User
Posted 10 Sep 2016 at 23:05
Haha, I was born with a kidney disorder, and I've been a martyr to my situation ( l laugh ) since my teens and I'm now in me 60s so please,
If your thinking of a dance troupe it mabe need a ' young lass ' or you might not :-) the bladder dance it's a good one.
User
Posted 11 Sep 2016 at 12:26
I remember this well when having RT. If there was a machine problem we had to start all over again. It was amusing to see some men run from the RT room to the loo as soon as they finished treatment. Some of us were pretty speedy!

Arthur
Show Most Thanked Posts
User
Posted 10 Sep 2016 at 21:09
HR

Well it made me smile, not in that situation but your words paint a vivid and comical scene.

Thanks Chris
User
Posted 10 Sep 2016 at 23:05
Haha, I was born with a kidney disorder, and I've been a martyr to my situation ( l laugh ) since my teens and I'm now in me 60s so please,
If your thinking of a dance troupe it mabe need a ' young lass ' or you might not :-) the bladder dance it's a good one.
User
Posted 11 Sep 2016 at 12:26
I remember this well when having RT. If there was a machine problem we had to start all over again. It was amusing to see some men run from the RT room to the loo as soon as they finished treatment. Some of us were pretty speedy!

Arthur