Notification

Error

Regular movements needed, soon.

User
Posted 13 Sep 2016 at 14:04

http://www.radiologyinfo.org/en/info.cfm?pg=pros_cancer

ref above, pretty good for first timers, wish 
I  had seen it few months ago.

Advice about keeping regular bowel movements needed. Start RT sept 26, and I am as regular as number 10 busses. Day four of no movement, and my last one was due to Sennakot.

Eat well, lots of different veg, fruit, cornflakes, chips, burgers, chicken, lots going in , nothing coming out!

User
Posted 13 Sep 2016 at 16:31

Are you drinking enough water (in addition to the 400ml or whatever at the appointment)? Dehydration can be a problem during RT any way, and makes constipation worse.

"Life can only be understood backwards; but it must be lived forwards." Soren Kierkegaard
User
Posted 13 Sep 2016 at 16:34

The liquid they gave me at hospital was Magnesium Hydroxide. I believe this is the same as Milk of Magnesia. Worked a treat for me.

User
Posted 13 Sep 2016 at 17:35

Start RT on the 26 Lyn, and had to do the CT scan last week twice due to colon not being empty, ( had to use a suppository that day too ) so drank the 400ml twice that day. 

Generally have two mugs of tea for breakfast, mug of tea at 11, another at 2pm, coffee at 4pm, andother mug of tea at 7pm, then a pint or two of beer at 9pm ish. Dontknow how much fluid that is but thought it plenty.

User
Posted 13 Sep 2016 at 18:56

I think I should have started this in Diet-and-lifestyle, if the moderator see this, could you move it?

thank you.