Know exactly what you want?
Show search

Notification

Error

Trust me I'm a doctor ...Turmeric

User
Posted 17 Sep 2016 at 16:12
Hi

The title of this thread is a TV documentary programme.

On Thursday evening at 8pm on BBC2 one of the topics is Turmeric and its potential to prevent cancer.

I know Trevor Boothe has long since been an advocate of the spice which he eats on everything (according to Julie)

I have watched all previous episodes of this programme across several series now and found it informative, not sensationalising but a more scientific approach to claims often made elsewhere in modern media.

I will be watching with interest.

xx

Mo

User
Posted 17 Sep 2016 at 21:58

Thanks for the heads up Mo. John takes turmeric too but not like Trevor does!

We can't control the winds - but we can adjust our sails
User
Posted 17 Sep 2016 at 22:14
We will be watching SS. Thanks for the heads up.

BFN

Julie X

NEVER LAUGH AT A LIVE DRAGON
User
Posted 19 Sep 2016 at 18:15

Hello Mo,

thank you for sharing that. I also watched the same programme. In my opinion these programmes are more informative than what we probably read in the papers.  I've still got it on record and need to watch it again!

I've got turmeric in the cupboard, but haven't used it yet. I don't suppose it would be nice on weetabix!

What I need to do is research some authentic curries and such, and use it with that.  I'm sure it's also suitable for soups and stews.

Frank.

User
Posted 19 Sep 2016 at 18:31

I have no facts whatsoever on whether Turmeric can help battle cancer. Many people on here swear by it. I bought a quality Nature's Best supplement and tried it on 2 occasions for a months period. I love spicy Indian and oriental food but I have to say it caused major stomach upsets both times. Very bad diahorrea too. I have some in the cupboard if anyone wants it.

The tablets, that is ......

Edited by member 19 Sep 2016 at 18:33  | Reason: Not specified